closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Private Plates - any pros out there..?

I've had 294HEW for 36 years now, and H3WWY for about 15, I can't imagine selling either to be honest.

I also don't understand the vitriol that personalised plates seem to attract, there are certain things that people enjoy owning that I don't particularly see the point of but I'd never dream of voicing my opinion.

If it harms no one and brings the owner pleasure then why piss on their chips?

Here's a couple of my private plates...
    The Mustang is a BOSS 302 model, and the Mercedes plate is for my company EMCO.

I prefer to buy direct from the DVLA. On both occasions (and several others) I wrote to the DVLA and asked them to release the registrations I wanted.
    They wrote back and confirmed they would be included in the next DVLA auction.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Sell the bloody thing and take the profit. Let some other knob enjoy the perceived Ď kudosí whilst you count your money.
    I think it will just keep on rising, so I'll hold off until my next retirement!

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Ha yeah, code used by us plate nerds
    I’ve got 6 plates of varying formats and was clearly being slow yesterday..

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Does that mean you thought from the first post I was trying to buy the literal plate "N LLL"
    Hah, quite possibly

Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    Here's a couple of my private plates...
    The Mustang is a BOSS 302 model, and the Mercedes plate is for my company EMCO.

I prefer to buy direct from the DVLA. On both occasions (and several others) I wrote to the DVLA and asked them to release the registrations I wanted.
    They wrote back and confirmed they would be included in the next DVLA auction.
    Naughty spacing

How do you check what dateless registrations DVLA are still holding? Would be keen for a look.

How do you check what dateless registrations DVLA are still holding? Would be keen for a look.
    Email DVLA! Just ask if X, Y, Z has been issued and, if not, if they could put it up for auction.

I got my mirror 1 plate this way, took a while but got there in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Email DVLA! Just ask if X, Y, Z has been issued and, if not, if they could put it up for auction.

I got my mirror 1 plate this way, took a while but got there in the end.
    Thanks

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I've had 294HEW for 36 years now, and H3WWY for about 15, I can't imagine selling either to be honest.

I also don't understand the vitriol that personalised plates seem to attract, there are certain things that people enjoy owning that I don't particularly see the point of but I'd never dream of voicing my opinion.

If it harms no one and brings the owner pleasure then why piss on their chips?
    Itís bizarre isnít it? But you see it on nearly every thread in every forum about plates, I always assume it says more about them than the owner.

Offer declined at 92% of asking price

You need to now take a step back, wait, they will come back to and thatís where you then start low balling them, tell them youíve since purchased another plate so not really interested - oh and also hope it doesnít sell in the interim or read these forums

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    You need to now take a step back, wait, they will come back to and thatís where you then start low balling them, tell them youíve since purchased another plate so not really interested - oh and also hope it doesnít sell in the interim or read these forums
    It might not even be a bluff as I am now looking at alternatives The next DVLA auction is in a week also.

They are going to struggle to sell - people get all excited when the agents quote big money for plates but it is seldom realised.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    They are going to struggle to sell - people get all excited when the agents quote big money for plates but it is seldom realised.
    That's where I'd really benefit from 'sold prices' to know if this is priced keenly to sell or not, but seems the only real info is the DVLA auctions on this. I probably will leave it now though, as it's gone well beyond what I initially was comfortable spending on it.
    Last edited by M1011; 17th October 2021 at 23:42.

Private Plates - any pros out there..?

In the news today, bus lane camera mistakes T-shirt for number plate

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...d-25239517.amp

Would be amusing, if childish, to try and deliberately fool the camerasÖ