closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor GMT

Tudor GMT

I quite fancy a Tudor GMT on a steel bracelet.

A lot of places are offering 0% APR.
    But I wondered if anyone has had discount without the finance?

Has anyone purchased one in the UK recently?

Why not buy a good used example abd save a packet?
    Two have gone on sales corner recently which I see you don’t yet have access to, but a heavy saving on new if you have the cash at £2200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He does have access to SC, just can't post there. He can PM anyone who is selling an item he's interested in.
    F.T.F.A.

Journeyman
    The problem I would have with buying a watch on finance is the honeymoon period would be over and I would still be paying for the watch.

I’ll probably pay cash. I only mentioned finance, because I’m trying to find out if anyone has been able to get discount without the finance.

Thanks for the suggestions re sales corner. But I’d prefer to go for a new one.

Journeyman
    I bought mine in Dublin in June and couldn’t get a discount, Omega discounts seem to be a thing of the past as well here.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by scwazrh View Post
    I bought mine in Dublin in June and couldn’t get a discount, Omega discounts seem to be a thing of the past as well here.
    As a fellow Dub, my advice is don’t buy a watch here new. Drive up North and you’ll get a better deal all day long.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    As a fellow Dub, my advice is don’t buy a watch here new. Drive up North and you’ll get a better deal all day long.
    I'd tend to agree with this, tho not a dub
    The retail offering in the south is mainly poor, priced high and very inflexible.
    The range on offer and flexibility is generally better up north and tbh often a better experience too.

That said, great value can be had buying privately down south.

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    My impatience got the better of me , Would usually buy online but wanted it there and then .

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by banie01 View Post
    That said, great value can be had buying privately down south.
    That’s only if you buy a VC from a dodgy Limerick farmer

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by scwazrh View Post
    That’s only if you buy a VC from a dodgy Limerick farmer
    True that! ;)
    Nice to see a familiar face over here.

I'll eventually get enough posts under my belt to get into that sales corner yet

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I recently sold mine as have seen prices softening because of the ongoing datewheel issue. I had no problems with mine and presumed these were just isolated cases that had been hyped out of proportion but I popped in to see my local Tudor AD at the weekend and they said they were getting more and more coming back to the store with this issue which is such a shame as its one of the nicest looking watches in their line-up.

From what I have heard, the date wheel was an issue with watches prior to 2021. The newer watches ‘Q serial’ are unaffected. I have no issues with mine bought earlier this year.

Journeyman
    Also have “Q” series with no issue

I'm aware of the datewheel issue, but it doesn't necessarily put me off buying the watch.

As long as the date isn't skipping every night, it won't be a big issue for me.

I also think it will be something that will get resolved long term.
    Even if it doesn't develop a fault, the part which tends to fail, will probably get fixed as part of the first service.

The Tudor GMT comes with a five year warranty.
    If it developed the fault early on, I suppose you could wait until the watch was 4 to 5 years old and get a free service when they carry out the repair.
    Last edited by MDSWATCH; 18th September 2022 at 20:16.

Craftsman

Tudor GMT

The date wheel issue wouldn’’t put me off either. I’m going to look at the GMT this week and hopefully pick one up in SC if I like it
    Last edited by Speedie; 9th October 2021 at 11:05.

Craftsman
    I own a Tudor BB GMT and it did have the date issue. I took it back to the dealer and it was sorted within 6 weeks for free.

Based on my experience, I wouldn't let the date issue put you off. With a 5 year guarantee, you should be fine.

What I would say is that the bracelet has no on the fly micro adjustment feature so try it on when you're in the dealer to see if this is going to be an issue for you.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

I have had my GMT for quite a while now and love it, great value watch i much prefer it on a leather strap and the Tudor leather strap is very comfortable. Had no issues the the date would recommend one to anyone.

Master
    Just try it on first. The date wheel issue happened with mine but didn’t bother me. What did bother me was the size. I owned mine for 2 years and had to ultimately concede that for my taste it was too thick, the bracelet was too wide and collectively it made it too heavy for me. A real shame as it looks incredible.

Master
    I traded a watch of mine for the BB GMT that had date issue repaired under warranty. Same problem cropped up again & I was issued with a brand new watch. Happy days & the new watch working faultlessly @ +1 SPD fast and date changeover literally seconds before midnight.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    date changeover literally seconds before midnight.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using Tapatalk
    I’ve been going down a rabbit hole with date change overs lately.
    -My Tudor gmt is same as your and changes seconds before midnight
    -My sub is 3&1/2 mins after midnight
    -Date just is 4 mins after
    - breitling b17 calibre which is based on eta 2824-2 is 10 seconds after midnight

I had always assumed dates change exactly on midnight and thought there was something wrong with my date just when I first noticed the delay.

My Sub (3235) changes date about six minutes after midnight. Doesn’t bother me.

Master
    I bought mine in 2018, it pretty soon showed the date fault, and it was repaired which took around a month or so.

I didn’t wear the watch much after that, but in June this year put it back into rotation and I noticed the date wheel problem reoccurred, together with a reduced power reserve. I took it back to the AD, and luckily it was just in the extended warranty - I think it was 3 1/2 years.

This time they offered to replace the with a brand new one, with a new 5 year warranty, and I picked the new watch up last week. So far it remains in the bag unworn, while I decide what to do with it. I’m not travelling as much (actually at all) so I might trade it for something else, I have a GMT Master for the occasional trips I might do now.

Master
    A friend of mine had just bought a GMT from an AD, looking at the serial number on the rear of the lugs, the fourth digit is a "T" so am I right in thinking he should avoid the date change issue (no, not "asking for a friend", genuinely asking for a friend).

Master
    I got 12% from my AD for a Black Bay, can probably do something on a GMT too

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    I got 12% from my AD for a Black Bay, can probably do something on a GMT too
    Thanks! Not worth doing 0% if I could get 12% off.