closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Forstner maybe onto something here… (Omega)

Forstner maybe onto something here… (Omega)

For those who own the ‘old’ models of the Omega Seamaster Pro (pre 2018) you might or might not have taken to the OEM bracelets of that era. The ‘basket weave’ seems to be love-it-or-hate-it, and although the speedy-style was more popular it was sometimes a challenge to get a good fit with either option.

You’ll probably know already that Forstner have copied the highly-acclaimed ref.1450 bracelet that was made and supplied in modest numbers for the Speedmaster Pro in the 1980s.

Today they are advertising the same bracelet but with end links to fit the SMP. 20mm to 16mm and with two expanding links under the clasp to facilitate a good fit.

I might be tempted to try it.

Last edited by colin t; 4th October 2021 at 12:25.

Blog Entries
    It's a nice looking bracelet and no mistake, but I associate the watch with the original bracelet, almost like a Sub with the oyster bracelet.

Although I do like the Pro on mesh so might give it a try.

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    That’s food for thought.

I have one of these and don’t love it as the bracelet doesn’t taper, I don’t like parallel bracelets.

would look good on mine I’m sure

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

I like it 👍

Looks really good. Didn’t realise their 1450 strap was now available either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Looks good. I kinda agree that the original bracelet is part of the Bond Seamaster though. It’s one of the few watches that I’ve never worn any other way.
    I might try one of these for one of my Moonwatches. It helps that I have a couple of NOS Omega clasp covers to suit too.

That suits this version of Seamaster very well, always thought the factory bracelet was a bit busy, would love to see it on the 2254..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    For those who own the ‘old’ models of the Omega Seamaster Pro (pre 2018) you might or might not have taken to the OEM bracelets of that era. The ‘basket weave’ seems to be love-it-or-hate-it, and although the speedy-style was more popular it was sometimes a challenge to get a good fit with either option.

You’ll probably know already that Forstner have copied the highly-acclaimed ref.1450 bracelet that was made and supplied in modest numbers for the Speedmaster Pro in the 1980s.
    Looks good, especially at a $150 price point.

There is also the Uncle Seiko 1450 available for slightly less and without the "innovative" springy links.
    I have bracelets from both companies, and they're both excellent.

https://www.uncleseiko.com/products/...ga-speedmaster

I must be the only person here who think the original bracelets are superb.

Got both and love both, possibly helps that I like my bracelets a bit loose but they are the favourites out of all my watches.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I must be the only person here who think the original bracelets are superb.

Got both and love both, possibly helps that I like my bracelets a bit loose but they are the favourites out of all my watches.
    Don't worry, you aren't
    I think I've got a couple of 1450 bracelets, one of which can be nowhere but on the Speedmaster Auto (376.0822) where it belongs.