closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Please ignore, wrong forum...

Master

Please ignore, wrong forum...

I'm seeking members' views on using PayPal F&F for a sale of c£3k to a member on here. I've no concerns with the buyer at all but I've always used BT for significant watch purchases/sales and I'm just wary of PayPal given the stories around accounts being frozen or the possibility of an account on here being hacked (rare I know).

I occasionally encounter fraud in my professional life so am aware that might be making me unduly cautious here, hence I'd appreciate other opinions and any experiences generally. Thanks.

I've just thought I should put this in the GnD so will delete this when I can get into my account on the desktop site..
    Last edited by deepreddave; 1st October 2021 at 08:58. Reason: Wrong forum

Don’t think PP F&F can be reversed.

I always use PP F&F where possible for SC purchases. Helps with the credit card points.

Depends if you trust the person and how long they've been around. The likelihood is any account locking will be down to you and your account, not the person sending you money.

Do a BT if you aren’t happy
    Surely one snd the same pretty much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A above, do you trust the buyer / seller? On the forum its relatively easy to judge, I use FAF a lot with no issues so far.
    Cheers..
    Jase

As Jason said, as long as you trust the person then there is little between PP F&F and BT. Both pretty much un reversible once complete. I happily accept either and many times when I have purchased used both.

Master
    Thanks to those who have responded, I've created a new thread in the GnD.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Don’t think PP F&F can be reversed.
    There was a case highlighted on here a while back. Buyer unexpectedly paid F&F, seller didn’t say anything as he pocketed extra by not paying PayPal fees.
    Fast forward a month or two seller had funds removed from account. Buyer had funded PayPal Payment via credit card and made a chargeback claim.
    After some investigation the buyer was known for doing this and there were many victims of his fraudulent ways.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I always use paypal F&F, its never an issue on the forum with known members.

Paypal is my slush fund for watch stuff out the way of prying eyes, lol.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "