closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I am interested - what do you think of GPs in this country? (long read)

Craftsman
    In my local supermarkets there are actually more self-service tills now than cashier ones - analogous to phone triage?

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    My cashier has never asked me to lay on my side facing the wall with my knees up....
    I expect anyone could come up with soooo many differences between the two roles as to make any comparison utterly facile.

Moving on, in my village we have five GP's living here, two consultants and several other NHS employees. Of the GP's, two have already gone part-time and another has decided to retire next year (four years early) and the common factor they've spoken of is of the pressure they are facing nowadays.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I expect anyone could come up with soooo many differences between the two roles as to make any comparison utterly facile.
    ……

R
    Apart from the fact they both see people face to face. Although cashiers would obviously see many more during a shift.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 24th October 2021 at 19:58.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Times they are a changing i am 75 yrs old and thinking back to my childhood as a sometime sickly kid my experience with our then GP Dr Mond was a home visitor always there as a newly married and a Father a very pro active practise then less so as times moved on to now a practise that can still be good when accessed but the triage nurse and receptionist are now the frontline.
    Our your GP has become a worker someone who has grafted to get to the position but now wants more time and more space to enjoy the fruits of hard graft IMO it’s a new tomorrow maybe we need to adjust?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Times they are a changing i am 75 yrs old and thinking back to my childhood as a sometime sickly kid my experience with our then GP Dr Mond was a home visitor always there as a newly married and a Father a very pro active practise then less so as times moved on to now a practise that can still be good when accessed but the triage nurse and receptionist are now the frontline.
    Our your GP has become a worker someone who has grafted to get to the position but now wants more time and more space to enjoy the fruits of hard graft IMO it’s a new tomorrow maybe we need to adjust?
    Doesn’t really make sense - your particular GP might be an old bugger who wants more time etc. but they are constantly being replenished by fresh young GPs like your Dr Mond once was.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Doesn’t really make sense - your particular GP might be an old bugger who wants more time etc. but they are constantly being replenished by fresh young GPs like your Dr Mond once was.
    The sense is in the attitude of the GP to his/ her job and that is what has changed over time and particularly over the lockdown but as someone whose job was 24/7 i can fully sympathise with anyone who wants to be free
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE