closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple AirTags

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I’m not intending to stalk anyone so that not a issue for me. But if the notifications take a while to be issued that will improve the chances of recovering stolen items. The tests imply the notifications are not prompt as I believe Apple hope these are useful in the context of theft.
    Good to know
    Last edited by M1011; 3rd October 2021 at 01:38.

To resurrect this thread, information for those changing batteries in their Air Tags. I have two Air Tags and both are reporting low battery so whilst I have some time I thought I'd change them. Having gone through 3 Duracell CR2032 batteries with no joy I started to do some research. Some button type batteries have a bitterant coating to deter babies/toddlers from swallowing them; batteries with this coating won't work e.g. Duracell. Panasonic batteries are what mine came with and I've now ordered some. Who knew?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have replaced the batteries in my AirTags with DuraCell no problem, They do have a removable sticker for the swallowing issue.

Just to add - if you are looking to secret a tag inside luggage - it could be worth sticking it inside the lining, and disabling the beeper.

Same goes for bikes etc.

There are Youtubes which show you how to access the beeper and remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    To resurrect this thread, information for those changing batteries in their Air Tags. I have two Air Tags and both are reporting low battery so whilst I have some time I thought I'd change them. Having gone through 3 Duracell CR2032 batteries with no joy I started to do some research. Some button type batteries have a bitterant coating to deter babies/toddlers from swallowing them; batteries with this coating won't work e.g. Duracell. Panasonic batteries are what mine came with and I've now ordered some. Who knew?
    IKEA Plattboj is your friend.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Coating just peels off?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Coating just peels off?
    Not on the Duracells that I have. The small sticker on the -ve side peels off but that’s it. I may experiment with some solvents.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Coating just peels off?
    It's not something stuck on that will peel off but a solvent like isopropanol will probably remove it.

Believe it's ring towards edge on negative side so will only affect devices which make contact in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    IKEA Plattboj is your friend.
    They are cheap but only available with another delivery i.e. I need to purchase a major item, or, I can collect from Bristol. I've ordered via Amazon Prime.

Not on the Duracells that I have. The small sticker on the -ve side peels off but that’s it. I may experiment with some solvents.
    Have you tried sucking it off?

Fnarr.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez