closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Olight Sale

Olight Sale

For the folk who like torches.

Olight is having one of their sales. Plenty of discounts, and includes little freebies for spenders and big freebies for big spenders.

It’s on today and tomorrow.

https://www.olightstore.uk

These happen about every couple of weeks, nice torches but the marketing is tiresome.

It’s now at a stage where you’d be mad to pay full price for anything given the frequency of their sales.

They do make very nice torches, got some new bike lights arriving in the post today.
    Last edited by mylofitz; 30th September 2021 at 07:07.

Journeyman
    Just had to put a block on their endless tiresome e-mails.

Yeah they do seem to be becoming the Charles Tyrwhitt of torches.

I also unsubscribed from their emails because I’m not one to keep buying the same torch every time a new colour is released. But the kit of theirs that I do have is really excellent.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz View Post
    It’s now at a stage where you’d be mad to pay full price for anything given the frequency of their sales.
    Like the MFI of torches .

Master
    I’ve found the ‘free’ postage only, ones useful to have a few around various key rings or locations. However their continued discounts devalue their offer.

I'm a big fan of the brand and use torches quite extensively. They work well, perform exactly as described and have proven to be robust & reliable for me. They also look a lot better than most of the competition in my personal opinion, which shouldn't matter for a tool but in reality it's nice to have a well made and good looking item (and anyone who disagrees should remind themselves they're on a watch forum!).

As for the sales, I view that as the times the shop is open. When it's not on sale, there's no point buying, as a sale won't be far away. The sale prices are compelling though IMO, particularly when stacked with various offer codes, tiered freebies, promos (e.g. 'spin the wheel') etc. Some folk definitely go a bit overboard, but for me it's makes the experience a bit more fun.

The only downside to the sales is they really do reward purchasing lots of stuff with additional freebies, coupons, lower prices on bundled products, releasing things through the sales period rather than all at the start etc. So I tend to end up ordering far more than I need to access the best prices, then selling on - although it does mean both I and the folk I end up selling to end up with better-than-sale prices so it's sort of worth it. Sort of, but also maybe I've drunk the cool-aid

Anyway, expecting 4 trips from from the post man over the next week (not even kidding)

I love my Olight Warrior X, very well made, super bright at 2000 lumens and bought it at the best online shop going for £35 - SC!

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I love my Olight Warrior X, very well made, super bright at 2000 lumens and bought it at the best online shop going for £35 - SC!
    Now that's a bargain, the batteries cost almost that much alone

Does anyone know if they do a smallish torch with an adjustable wide beam. I can’t see one

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Does anyone know if they do a smallish torch with an adjustable wide beam. I can’t see one
    If by adjustable you mean with a moveable head, then no they don't make any torches of that nature (and for good reason IMO, in terms of durability / quality). The torches do have lots of output modes. If you're looking for an all round usable beam with decent throw and decent spill, the M2R Pro is probably the choice. Seeker 3 Pro to maximise flood, Warrior X Turbo to maximise throw.

For smaller pocket friendly torches, the new i5R is looking a great bet. For a keychain, i1R2 is excellent.

The only torch they do which can flick between long distance throw (800m) and flood (14,000 lumens) is the Maurauder 2, as far as I'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    If by adjustable you mean with a moveable head, then no they don't make any torches of that nature (and for good reason IMO, in terms of durability / quality). The torches do have lots of output modes. If you're looking for an all round usable beam with decent throw and decent spill, the M2R Pro is probably the choice. Seeker 3 Pro to maximise flood, Warrior X Turbo to maximise throw.

For smaller pocket friendly torches, the new i5R is looking a great bet. For a keychain, i1R2 is excellent.

The only torch they do which can flick between long distance throw (800m) and flood (14,000 lumens) is the Maurauder 2, as far as I'm aware.
    Many thanks. I was looking for one that has a wide beam. Not sure of the terminology, I guess flood. I’ll look into the ones you suggest. Thanks
    Last edited by awright101; 30th September 2021 at 19:11.

Craftsman
    Olight do have some good product, I purchased a bike light ALLTY2000 (great unit) about a year ago. The bar mount fixing nut split in half rendering the light useless. I contacted Olight to purchase a replacement nut as it was non-standard, the bog standard response from what seemed to be an overseas customer service outlet was "We are sorry to say we do not offer the bar mount" I responded asking them for a solution as I now had a £150 bike light and unable to use. Email back asking me to contact@olightstore.co.uk for advice. Why did they not find a solution and respond or forward on the request to the UK? I did a bit of research and sussed the light had a bog standard "Garmin" quarter turn mount and ordered a bike computer mount in aluminium for £8 off Amazon. Works a treat but no thanks to Olight. I will not be ordering from them again.

Many thanks. I was looking for one that has a wide beam. Not sure of the terminology, I guess flood. I’ll look into the ones you suggest. Thanks
    Ah yes, wide = flood. Seeker 3 Pro would be the optimum choice, or the Seeker 2 Pro will be available at a bit of a discount soon as the 3 just released. Lots of lumens, very nice flood beam, I use them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    Olight do have some good product, I purchased a bike light ALLTY2000 (great unit) about a year ago. The bar mount fixing nut split in half rendering the light useless. I contacted Olight to purchase a replacement nut as it was non-standard, the bog standard response from what seemed to be an overseas customer service outlet was "We are sorry to say we do not offer the bar mount" I responded asking them for a solution as I now had a £150 bike light and unable to use. Email back asking me to contact@olightstore.co.uk for advice. Why did they not find a solution and respond or forward on the request to the UK? I did a bit of research and sussed the light had a bog standard "Garmin" quarter turn mount and ordered a bike computer mount in aluminium for £8 off Amazon. Works a treat but no thanks to Olight. I will not be ordering from them again.
    Ironically Olight don't actually make them, they just rebadge them (think the maker is magicshine). They do make all their regular torches, but for the bike lights we can't really give credit to Olight.

Shame about the customer service. Personally I've found the UK team helpful, whereas if you end up with the overseas support it's hopeless. I did notice you had the email wrong, so I hope that wasn't the issue in getting a response - it's just .UK, not .CO.UK

Craftsman
    /
    Shame about the customer service. Personally I've found the UK team helpful, whereas if you end up with the overseas support it's hopeless. I did notice you had the email wrong, so I hope that wasn't the issue in getting a response - it's just .UK, not .CO.UK
    You are correct, I added the .co as a typo. Never used the email, initial contact was directly via the website. I couldn't be arsed with them any further due to their flippant responses.

You Sir cost me £35 last night! An i5R and a ‘free’ i1R2 incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    You Sir cost me £35 last night! An i5R and a ‘free’ i1R2 incoming.
    A fine choice! The i5R is a new release and I received my own yesterday. It's instantly become my 'by-the-door for going out in the evening' torch. Which variant did you go for?

A fine choice! The i5R is a new release and I received my own yesterday. It's instantly become my 'by-the-door for going out in the evening' torch. Which variant did you go for?
    The green one.

Thanks for your advice. I went for the I5R green with the free key torch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    The green one.
    Thanks for your advice. I went for the I5R green with the free key torch.
    Nice choices

I really like the new i5R, here's mine.

Olight Sale

I ordered an M2R Pro. Looking forward to comparing it with my old M2R.

Also ordered an i3T and immediately wished I forked out the extra for the i5R instead. Oh well, maybe next time!