closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor BB58 Non-OEM Half Link

Tudor BB58 Non-OEM Half Link

Just seen this on another forum and thought it might be of interest to those that can't get a good fit on their BB58 bracelets...Uncle Seiko have just released a half link for the model. No personal experience of it, but might solve a problem for some.

https://www.uncleseiko.com/products/...pS5F5Mmm0j7SrU

Think I may get one of those, I don't get a bad fit but that might just make a great one.

Thanks .

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for heads up. Just ordered one myself

Thanks for the heads up. I sold my BB58 because I couldn't get a good fit. I've just ordered the link and now to find a good used BB58 blue.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Legendary

I've ordered one as I'm on the cusp of a rattly fit and whilst I expect Tudor will release a revised steel bracelet in due course, having already teased us with their bronze model, I'm sure it won't be cheap or easy to get hold of the parts to retrofit.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Just received and installed mine. Absolutely fantastic. It’s so good to be able to enjoy this watch with a perfect fit.

Last edited by Mamaw; 30th September 2021 at 16:16.

Sounds great, got any pictures?!

Did you have any import costs to pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I just added a picture to my post. As for the import taxes, I did not receive the amount yet but it will come. I expect the final cost to be at least double the asking price (keep in mind that I am from Belgium), but totally worth it ;)

Looks really good, might have to take the plunge!

Thanks, just what I need.

Grand Master
    Glad to hear folks are happy with an after- market solution, but it begs the question how the manufacturers of expensive watches get these things wrong. The Rolex OP 36 I briefly owned was the same, no half- link and not enough adjustment on the clasp to get a nice fit. I bought a half link for a ceramic Sub and tgat solved a problem that shouldn't need solving. I gave a late 90s Zenith with a bracelet that’s useless to me for the same reason, adjustment is +/- 6mm so its either too slack or too tight.

Another pet hate is bracelets that are too long on the 6 side, on a slim wrist its impossible to get the watch to sit nicely. Some 5 digit Rolex models with Oyster bracelets were bad for this.

It usn’t rocket science to supply a bracelet that will suit everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by eletos View Post
    Sounds great, got any pictures?!

Did you have any import costs to pay?

Martin of uncle Seiko UK said he will have them in the UK in about three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Martin of uncle Seiko UK said he will have them in the UK in about three weeks.

Fitted link onto newly acquired BB58. Now fits and sits perfectly on my wrist.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Bravo Uncle Seiko! This half link has made my BB58 a super fit. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    It is another thumbs up from me. I think swapping a link for this half link takes about 2mm out of the bracelet which is less than one hole on the clasp and I was on the end setting so it's like getting another hole in clasp which is a win.

Shame Tudor don't think to include a half link in the package.

Still waiting for mine to arrive.

On the six o'clock side of the bracelet, you can install it as the last link next to the clasp. The bracelet link, clasp and foldover security flap are all held together by a spring bar, with access via the small holes on the side of the foldover.

I haven't dissemantled mine yet but I've seen it done online.

Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    Still waiting for mine to arrive.

On the six o'clock side of the bracelet, you can install it as the last link next to the clasp. The bracelet link, clasp and foldover security flap are all held together by a spring bar, with access via the small holes on the side of the foldover.

I haven't dissemantled mine yet but I've seen it done online.

I've done it. Looks much nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    I've done it. Looks much nicer.

Looks great

Master
    What was the final cost of this? Just picked up a bb58 so will wait a while to see how it feels but this could be a great option if it isn't quite right which was a worry.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    What was the final cost of this? Just picked up a bb58 so will wait a while to see how it feels but this could be a great option if it isn't quite right which was a worry.

All in, including postage, $43 was converted into £31.49 by my bank.

It'll depend upon your bank / card provider as to whether they charge a foreign currency fee (mine doesn't) and also the rate of exchange that they apply.

Though it's mentioned higher up in this thread, that the UK website for Uncle Seiko will be getting these in, within a few weeks. I didn't want to wait or take the risk of them selling out.

Just got mine today. A very smooth and easy install, no different to adding or removing the standard links.

When the half link is positioned next to the clasp it's not apparent that there's been any modification to the watch; to the naked eye, design, fit and finish looks comparable with the OEM links.

With regards to dismantling the clasp where the link joins and liberating the spring bar retained by the security fold-over, I didn't need anything more technical than a cocktail stick and then a finger nail when putting it back together. Sure you can use a Bergeon whatever and I've got one lying around, but there's minimal force required to get it apart and a cocktail stick is, by it's nature, unmarking.

I did however, use an A*F 1.2mm screw driver for the bracelet screws and Loctite 222 thread lock applied to the screw thread inside the link. I also like to put tape on any links that go into my sizing block as, even though it's made of plastic, it can leave fine scratches.

Edit: I did notice a slight difference in courseness and shininess of the finishing so I gave the half link a quick back and forth with a Bergeon fine polishing block, the No. 5444, I didn't go crazy and this had the effect of giving a finer and better match to the satin matte of the other links. Though it takes practice to get straight brushing.

Last edited by AKM; 8th October 2021 at 16:14.

Finally got round to ordering mine from uncleseiko UK Sunday 7th Nov and it arrived today Tuesday 9th, total cost with discount £23.40, fit is now perfect :)

Discount WISDEAL 10% off.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Finally got round to ordering mine from uncleseiko UK Sunday 7th Nov and it arrived today Tuesday 9th, total cost with discount £23.40, fit is now perfect :)

Discount WISDEAL 10% off.
    I'd been wanting to pick one up myself so this was the perfect reminder. Thanks for the code too.

Master
    I’ve just fitted one of these to my bracelet & am impressed!

The thread on the link/screw were fairly tight on mine, so I would advise screwing the pin into the link (& then removing) before putting on the bracelet, so the threads get used to each other.
    I did this & was then super smooth threading & less risk of slipping & scratching anything when adding to the bracelet.

I have a pretty small wrist & the underside of the bracelet / clasp always feels a bit wide - partly due to the link next to the clasp not being able to rotate much.
    Adding this half-link next to the clasp helps as it is a shorter link that now does not rotate, so the bracelet hugs the u/s of my wrist better.
    My bracelet was pretty much a perfect fit before, but removing a link & adding a half link, has made it much more comfortable to wear.

What a difference half a link makes !! I have been wearing mine for three days now with the half link and its been a pleasure :)