closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Travel with unvaccinated children

Travel with unvaccinated children

Step daughter turns 18 in December and we wanted to take her away to celebrate.

Unfortunatley she (and her sister 15) have chosen not to be vaccinated against CV19.

Does anyone know the rules around going to New York after restrictions for vaccinated adults are lifted ?

Hoping to go before she is 18 so Canada for example would be possible.

Or any good suggestions where an unvaccinated 17 year old wouldn't need to quarrantine on arrival - maybe Dubai which seems to just need a negative PCR test ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    As far as the USA is concerned, this BBC article suggests that whilst the new rules are for vaccinated people, there may be some exemptions, including for children who aren't eligible for vaccination. But that sounds rather negative to me as eligibility is not the issue for your children and it seems to imply that children will require vaccines in most instances. But I haven't seen the official US advice and maybe the other exemptions might open up possibilities....

Covid: US opens up to fully vaccinated travellers - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58628491

Edit:
    More on exemptions here - doesn't sound positive

https://www.natlawreview.com/article...early-november

Limited exceptions will be provided for children; COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial participants AND humanitarian exceptions for those traveling for an important reason and who do not have access to timely vaccination BUT those granted an exception must agree to get vaccinated on arrival to the U.S.
    Last edited by JonRA; 27th September 2021 at 15:30.

Just wondered whether there are travel insurance implications for choosing not to be vaccinated?

Thanks Jon,

I could see there was some flexibility around children but thought the US looked dodgy. It is beginning to restrict what she can do. It is a bit fraught this as can see her quarantining/refused entry if we are not careful which would be a wasted trip.

There does seem to be a cohort of youngsters who have fallen for the social media anti vax stories as both are worried CV19 vaccine will make them sterile.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    There does seem to be a cohort of youngsters who have fallen for the social media anti vax stories as both are worried CV19 vaccine will make them sterile.
    The people spreading this fake news should be in jail (if it was possible to jail foreign state sponsored misinformation peddlers)

Good luck with trying to educate your kids with actual facts.

These days the kids are usually better than the boomers at sorting out fact from fiction, but clearly the bad guys are getting smarter.

Travel with unvaccinated children

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Thanks Jon,

I could see there was some flexibility around children but thought the US looked dodgy. It is beginning to restrict what she can do. It is a bit fraught this as can see her quarantining/refused entry if we are not careful which would be a wasted trip.

Wow…not seen one report of the vaccine effecting ovaries!

Where do people get these strange ideas.

Highlight that if they truly believe that the vaccine is that dangerous then they should be happy with going to Blackpool rather than New York.

Even in the EU they would need to quarantine for 10 days with a day 5 test to release.

Also don’t forget that no matter where you finally get to go they will need pre-departure test, Day 2 and 8 tests and 10 days isolation on your return to the U.K. unless you shell out even more for a Day 5 test as well!

Good luck
    Last edited by paw3001; 28th September 2021 at 06:01.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Wow…not seen one report of the vaccine effecting ovaries!

Where do people get these strange ideas.
    My wife's cousin came out with the fertility one not long ago. Said that's why she won't get the vaccine "but do your own research".

I told her she's 42, divorced, and doesn't have any kids so shouldn't be concerned with fertility issues. Went down about as well as you'd expect.

Master
    If they want to be able to go abroad then get vaccinated otherwise tough luck is the unfortunate, but simple, answer currently. But the fertility thing is just garbage https://www.henryford.com/blog/2021/...-covid-vaccine

Just wait until they have been infected which is only a matter of time, hopefully 2 weeks before their birthday so you might be able to travel with a recent positive PCR test.

Master
    https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...fter-infection

Better to play the odds with a jab I would have thought.