closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cats really do have 9 lives!

Cats really do have 9 lives!

2 weeks ago I was driving in a busy area of West London when a cat darted out from under a parked car and straight under my wheels. I have a 2 ton 4x4 and I immediately stopped and with the help of a good samaritan managed to pick up the severely injured cat and try to get it to a vets.

The cat's fight or flight instinct kicked in and it managed to escape and despite having a severely deformed pelvic area escaped into a wooded area (the houses backed on to Bushey Park). We tried to find it but after 20 mins or so we're unable to find it. I left my details whilst the neighbours tried to track down the owner (turns out the owner's parents were looking after the cat while she was on holiday and let it out).

I spoke at length to the distraught owner when she returned from holiday, explaining what happened and stating they whilst I'm not a vet I cannot imagine the accident was survivable as this cat went under the wheels of a Range Rover. The cat was a female 2 year old by the name of Cocoa. I was of course gutted as I have pets and I know how devastating the loss of a loved family animal is.

2 weeks ago remember. Two Whole weeks. Severely injured cat. Just got this from the good samaritan neighbour. Over. The. Moon! Have a great weekend all, I'm having a beer for Cocoa!

Blog Entries
    A very happy ending. Hopefully it will recover eventually with the right treatment.

Well, now I know who I'm having my beer for tonight, too. Cheers!

Nice one Ryan. Too many people would have just driven on. Respect to you for your response and dealing with it.

Good effort stopping and also going back to speak to the owners. I'm a cat and dog owner and have taken many animals to vets / sanctuaries over the years - I too am amazed that Cocoa survived, especially if fending for herself for 2 weeks in the wild. My initial thought was a fox would finish her off, failing that an infection. A miracle indeed.

Master
    Donkeys years ago I heard a screaming type noise downstairs, ran down and found my greyhound with next door’s kitten in her mouth. I managed to get it out and the kitten scooted. Didn’t see the neighbours for a few days but asked if their kitten was ok. They said they had found it half dead at bottom of their garden a few days ago, took it to the vet and had only survived being such a young healthy cat. I offered to pay the vet fees but was turned down as the kitten was at risk being in my garden.

And it does seem the happy ending will happen

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    A heartwarming tale with a happy ending, and great karma credit to you Ryan for your actions.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Excellent. Sounds promising.