closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Walkerwek.

Master

Walkerwek.

Hope you see this, Sir.

Sent you a few PM's, Paul but think there might be a problem with your inbox as I've had no reply.

Can you drop me a PM please?

Thanks

He might be “tired”!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    He might be “tired”!
    Nope......just running around like a blue-arsed fly. Busy trying to fix a summerhouse roof ( a 1 day job that took most of the week) plus helping to clear my sisters house and preparing it for rental. Last couple of weeks have been spent doing stuff I don`t enjoy, still lots of jobs need doing on my own house so I`m far busier than I like to be.

My advice to anyone hoping to restore an ageing wooden shed or summerhouse is simple; knock the bloody thing down and buy a new one. Fixing this summerhouse has turned into an exercise in turd-polishing, it'll last several more years but it isn`t perfect, plus it's taken far more time and money than expected. Prices of timber and roofing felt etc risen substantially too which doesn`t help.

Looked forward to making the best of the late summer weather, getting out in the MGB and wasting petrol. Had a trip planned to North Yorkshire to a guy who's going to fix a CD player for me, should've happened last Wednesday but I spent the day on the bloody summerhouse roof! Now I need to paint the damned thing..........or persuade wifey to do it!

New kitchen's being fitted over the next 2 weeks so after a few weeks of relative calm a state of upheaval will return, might lock myself in the (freshly restored) summerhouse with a flask of coffee, a box of sarnies, a few favourite CDs and a bottle of whisky.........hang on, it's full of junk we're storing for stepson who's 'between houses' at the moment, so that plan won't fly.

It's been a strange year, that's putting it mildly.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Nope......just running around like a blue-arsed fly. Busy trying to fix a summerhouse roof ( a 1 day job that took most of the week) plus helping to clear my sisters house and preparing it for rental. Last couple of weeks have been spent doing stuff I don`t enjoy, still lots of jobs need doing on my own house so I`m far busier than I like to be.

My advice to anyone hoping to restore an ageing wooden shed or summerhouse is simple; knock the bloody thing down and buy a new one. Fixing this summerhouse has turned into an exercise in turd-polishing, it'll last several more years but it isn`t perfect, plus it's taken far more time and money than expected. Prices of timber and roofing felt etc risen substantially too which doesn`t help.

Looked forward to making the best of the late summer weather, getting out in the MGB and wasting petrol. Had a trip planned to North Yorkshire to a guy who's going to fix a CD player for me, should've happened last Wednesday but I spent the day on the bloody summerhouse roof! Now I need to paint the damned thing..........or persuade wifey to do it!

New kitchen's being fitted over the next 2 weeks so after a few weeks of relative calm a state of upheaval will return, might lock myself in the (freshly restored) summerhouse with a flask of coffee, a box of sarnies, a few favourite CDs and a bottle of whisky.........hang on, it's full of junk we're storing for stepson who's 'between houses' at the moment, so that plan won't fly.

It's been a strange year, that's putting it mildly.

Don’t drive up to God’s Own Country
    You’ll never get back, no fuel no toilet rolls no food. Jus nowt ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Don’t drive up to God’s Own Country
    You’ll never get back, no fuel no toilet rolls no food. Jus nowt ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    It’s a 100 mile round trip from my place (Normanton). I need to get up into the Dales more often whilst my ageing legs can still climb the big hills.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    It’s a 100 mile round trip from my place (Normanton). I need to get up into the Dales more often whilst my ageing legs can still climb the big hills.
    Ahhhh Why did I think you lived in Devon?
    Bizarre well enjoy,
    North Yorkshire dales I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk