closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ryder Cup

Ryder Cup

GB&I gonna get battered

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    The wife is watching it and will do until the bitter ( boring) end thank goodness for two TV’s oh and BTW go Europe if only to shut that moronic crowd up.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    The wife is watching it and will do until the bitter ( boring) end thank goodness for two TV’s oh and BTW go Europe if only to shut that moronic crowd up.
    Crowd a bit quiet I think

The Poulter pick annoyed me, was arrogant imo

Master
    GB&I need to come out of the foursomes no more than 2pts down or it’s going to be a huge uphill struggle to get 14pts.
    Poor Captain picks could cost us dearly, always pick your in form players don’t let the heart rule the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Browners View Post
    GB&I need to come out of the foursomes no more than 2pts down or it’s going to be a huge uphill struggle to get 14pts.
    Poor Captain picks could cost us dearly, always pick your in form players don’t let the heart rule the head.
    Agreed. Form matters in golf particularly when your opponents have 11 from the world's top 20 and some of not most are bang in form

Early days but Poulter and McIlroy look lost. Be interesting to see if he sticks with them

Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    Early days but Poulter and McIlroy look lost. Be interesting to see if he sticks with them
    No surprise there, neither have been in form

Quite painful watching Poulter and McIlroy. I was very surprised that Justin Rose was passed over.

Master
    Poor show from Europe so far, no big putts going our way and only the Spaniards giving a hope of any points won. The US look strong all thru their team, Rory/Poulter crucial to get at least a half from their match.

Master
    What a truly stunning golf course, I’m sure it would terrify most of us amateur golfers.

Ryder Cup

Been a while since it was GB&I ! European team always looks weak on paper compared to the US, but this time especially so.

Gonna be a hard slog to have any hope come the singles, but you never know - after medinah we know anything can happen on the final day

Master
    Slapped arses in the foursomes, it’s all uphill from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    No surprise there, neither have been in form

McIlroy back out as well. Big round of golf coming up for Rory.

Master
    I was in Paris 3 years ago and we lost that morning 3 1. Looked a bit all over then as the US were favourites. Afternoon was Europe 4 USA 0 so here’s hoping :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I was in Paris 3 years ago and we lost that morning 3 1. Looked a bit all over then as the US were favourites. Afternoon was Europe 4 USA 0 so here’s hoping :-)
    Can't see it, this US team is so much better

McIlroy back out as well. Big round of golf coming up for Rory.
    He's got the best team around him , Rotella will certainly earn his keep and Cowen is as good as it gets , and another equipment change

But that's golf, when things don't click they don't click

Poulter was a ridiculous pick but won't really make a difference , I'm calling the afternoon 2 1/12 1 1/2 to the US

Master
    Hatton and Lowry look sharp, both have excellent short games. I thinks its still all to play for be good
    to see all square at the end of today. Tommy on first tee now….come on Tommy !

Master
    Can't see it, this US team is so much better

I’m trying to be optimistic but yep I agree.

He's got the best team around him , Rotella will certainly earn his keep and Cowen is as good as it gets , and another equipment change

But that's golf, when things don't click they don't click

Poulter was a ridiculous pick but won't really make a difference , I'm calling the afternoon 2 1/12 1 1/2 to the US

A poor Rose is better than a poor Poulter but I guess he’s been picked in the hope he can recreate his past form.

Yeah probably

Didn’t agree with Poulter’s pick myself. I’d have gone for Rose.
    Rory is really out of sorts today, thought he would have bounced back with Lowry.
    Can’t see anything other than US win I’m afraid. Thankfully I’ve got the Golf Channel so I don’t have to listen to Ewen Murray and Nick Dougherty but the state of golf coverage on TV is woeful. Makes you realise what a master of his craft Peter Allie was.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Rory is really out of sorts today, thought he would have bounced back with Lowry.
    Can’t see anything other than US win I’m afraid. Thankfully I’ve got the Golf Channel so I don’t have to listen to Ewen Murray and Nick Dougherty but the state of golf coverage on TV is woeful. Makes you realise what a master of his craft Peter Allie was.
    Bring back Johnny Miller!

McCormack was brilliant as well

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    The ongoing Rory love in on Sky is nauseating. Every week without fail when he’s in the wilderness of another tournament we get the same old boring points rolled out about him looking better or finding some form.

No doubt he’ll return to the top again with the work put in but at this point, he’s miles away. It’s sad but the gamble hasn’t paid off from Harrington here.

Master
    Hmm well that wasn’t a great start but Hatton’s birdie on the 18th may be important. I just hope they can build a bit of momentum today

Master
    The ongoing Rory love in on Sky is nauseating. Every week without fail when he’s in the wilderness of another tournament we get the same old boring points rolled out about him looking better or finding some form.

No doubt he’ll return to the top again with the work put in but at this point, he’s miles away. It’s sad but the gamble hasn’t paid off from Harrington here.
    Not when McGinley is commentating. We get the same old line trotted out about his wedge play not being up to it!

Master
    Pretty nauseating this "we had a lot of fun out there today" bullshit.
    I noticed Fleetwood and his partner were at it too last night

From a playing front I'd give Casey another shot.
    You can tell in his eyes he hates the Sherman's and played pretty decent.
    Last edited by Hood; 25th September 2021 at 11:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Hmm well that wasn’t a great start but Hatton’s birdie on the 18th may be important. I just hope they can build a bit of momentum today
    Nah only thing in doubt is whether this will be the biggest win ever

Was really hoping Europe to put up a fight this morning. Rahm and Garcia are unbelievable. But the rest made questionable decisions down the stretch. Casey’s approach shot to 16 was idiotic … Hatton was hopeless too.

Ah still hoping for a miracle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't happen

But Keopka Speith v Garcia Rahm should be fun

Missed this afternoons play but have just settled in for this evenings session. I always enjoy watching Shane Lowry, hopefully he can do something.

It’s damage limitation now, hopefully they can claw a few points back before it’s all over to help ease the pain of a thorough spanking.

Bryson being Bryson again I see.

Bryson being Bryson again I see.
    He's a beast

Not sure what to think about Harrington appearing blasé about this performance. Laughing and joking sends the wrong message for me.

Result was a bit predictable, they just had far better players. Can't see us competing with them next time around either!

It was entirely predictable. It's not like a team ball game, it's individuals with static balls over 4 days, only equivalent in sport world be expecting the 12 from the world's top 50 snooker players to best 12 from the top 20

We will be smacked for 20 years

Totally outplayed every session. Normally you can sense something turning in Europe’s favour which gives you hope but it just never happened. I felt Hovland played better than the results he got and seemed really calm given it was his debut. Don’t understand leaving Fleetwood out of any match myself whilst continuing with other players out of form.

Yet again, US fans spoiling the atmosphere with “get in the water” and similar comments. Even Speith had a go at the US fans. They must be just dicks or drunk (or both) which must be difficult given the p*ss water that passes for beer in the US these days.

Master
    A poor result for Europe this time around, the US had more inform players than us over the competition.Imagine if Rory, Poulter, Westwood we’re firing on all cylinders then it would have been so much closer.And don’t forget the huge advantage of the home crowd cheering every shot on, a massive plus for any team.
    The US have a solid young team that will be about for years, but Europe has almost started every Ryder cup as under dogs and have achieved some fantastic unforgettable victories.
    Next time around it’s in our backyard and we’ll be wanting to put right this poor showing, don’t write Europe off when your down and injured it’s easy to put the boot in.
    Trust me we’ll be ready in Rome, bring it on.

A poor result for Europe this time around, the US had more inform players than us over the competition.Imagine if Rory, Poulter, Westwood we’re firing on all cylinders then it would have been so much closer.And don’t forget the huge advantage of the home crowd cheering every shot on, a massive plus for any team.
    The US have a solid young team that will be about for years, but Europe has almost started every Ryder cup as under dogs and have achieved some fantastic unforgettable victories.
    Next time around it’s in our backyard and we’ll be wanting to put right this poor showing, don’t write Europe off when your down and injured it’s easy to put the boot in.
    Not sure Poulter and Westwood will be around at the top of the game for the next one. DJ is the oldest player in the USA team at 37 so it’s a rebuild and blood the younger generation for Europe in my opinion.

Sad truth is that it’s unlikely going to be enough to turn it around unless they’re competing at the top level on the PGA Tour.

Master
    A tough few years ahead for Europe, not enough depth and youngsters like Hovland coming through.

We've got some brilliant young players but this USA team are just sensationally good, generationally so. Keopka, Speith , Dechamps, Cantlay, Thomas and on and on. Sensational golfers

Disappointing performance by Europe, but pretty much on par given the various player rankings this year, plus 6 out of the last 7 cups have gone to the home team.

That said, what a wonderful course. Would love to attempt to play it.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    When were Westwood and Poulter firing on all cylinders?
    Been quite some time.
    Both liabilities now though they have contributed a lot over the years.
    Home advantage counts for a lot but I don't see Rome as being too intimidating a prospect for the USA.
    In all honesty the way the US played even our strongest ever team would have struggled.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    When were Westwood and Poulter firing on all cylinders?
    Been quite some time.
    Both liabilities now though they have contributed a lot over the years.
    Home advantage counts for a lot but I don't see Rome as being too intimidating a prospect for the USA.
    In all honesty the way the US played even our strongest ever team would have struggled.
    I didn’t say when? I said if? I agree that they were best not picked but they were and we had to make the best of it. Just suppose McIlroy was on form and he managed to win 2pts out of his 3 pairings matches then it would of been 9 v 7 before the singles. I don’t think the US were outstanding, more we were well below par (no pun intended) Rome may not be a hot bed for golf but there will be at least 6 European voices to one US in the crowd and that will make a difference has history has proved more than once.