closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Attention 007 fans

Craftsman

Attention 007 fans

Hi all,

For any of you Bond fans, Omega has opened a pop-up boutique in London (Burlington Arcade). It’s all Bond themed and has some of the original props from the later movies as well as the watches worn by 007 (Brosnan / Craig). I think it’s there for three weeks. It’s not a big store, but if you’re in the area - might be worth a drop-in.

There’s also a Martini bar for those who like them shaken….

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I guess Omega’s marketing department knows its James Bond onions. But I’m put off by this overdose of Bond. It’s less Secret Service and more Walter Mitty, IMO.

Craftsman
    I wonder if Commander Daniel Craig RN will be making an appearance

Master
    I'm more of a "stirred" man myself

Master

Attention 007 fans

Must be a big budget as I received an invite to go try the new Triumph 900 Bond edition. A limited number of mitty bikes. They did this before with the 1200 scrambler it was cringingly embarrassing to go in Triumph Vauxhall opposite MI6 and see them in the window.

I should add I was in there to try the new rocket now the wannabe bike.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 25th September 2021 at 07:27.

Oh well...I will have to live vicariously through you and the pics you throw up here. It's a bit too hard to drop in over the weekend...what with COVID and everything. :-)

Master
    Thanks to the OP for posting this. I'm planning to visit. I agree it's a bit OOT, but I think it will be fun. Looking at James Bond props and watches, whilst sipping a martini doesn't sound too painful.

I’ll admit, was hoping this was about the skx007 😀.

Master
    I think the double delay of the Bond launch will have inevitably dented revenue, so they will be exploring every opportunity to raise the profile and garner a few more shekels

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    I’ll admit, was hoping this was about the skx007 😀.
    +1

Master
    I called by earlier this evening. Half of the Burlington Arcade is now Bond themed. The Omega pop up has a exhibition upstairs of all the watches from the Brosnan and Craig films. It’s pretty cool. Downstairs is a MI5 style office with some more memorabilia. In the middle floor is a bar. I enquired about a drink but you had to be a member. I didn’t inquire about what was involved in become one. My guide also said it might have possible at a quieter time. I had my Vesper martini elsewhere. All told, worth a visit if you are in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    I’ll admit, was hoping this was about the skx007 .
    Was hoping exactly the opposite:-)

Master
    I have membership to the hospitality area which was arranged for me via the Oxford St Boutique. I've been a couple of times so far and it's really relaxed. Free drinks and nibbles and some nice memorabilia to have a look through. I'll be going a few more times before the end of the year.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    I have membership to the hospitality area which was arranged for me via the Oxford St Boutique. I've been a couple of times so far and it's really relaxed. Free drinks and nibbles and some nice memorabilia to have a look through. I'll be going a few more times before the end of the year.
    Good to know. The bar area was full when I was there , but looked very chilled out. I thought the overall experience was good. I also found out I really like the limited edition Spectre SMP.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    I’m a very big Bond fan, I’d like to go and see… was it just a case of asking nicely?