closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Green watch for the wife!

Craftsman

Green watch for the wife!

The wife has requested a watch with a green face for Xmas. She is a teacher so anything she wears takes a beating.

So I’m looking sub £1k. And under 39mm. Current favourite is the Formex essence 39.

Any suggestions from the crowd that might widen my search?

Farer Exmoor or Pinion 39ND

Craftsman
    Seiko Presage green dial perhaps?

https://www.seikowatches.com/global-...esage/spb169j1

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tobetobes View Post
    The wife has requested a watch with a green face for Xmas. She is a teacher so anything she wears takes a beating.

So I’m looking sub £1k. And under 39mm. Current favourite is the Formex essence 39.

Any suggestions from the crowd that might widen my search?
    I don't know about the watch but more intrigued by the assertion that because she's a teacher, anything she wears takes a beating.

Rough school is it?

Green watch for the wife!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    I don't know about the watch but more intrigued by the assertion that because she's a teacher, anything she wears takes a beating.

Rough school is it?
    Hopefully not that rough!

But regardless of age range and subject, teaching can be surprisingly hard on a watch. You could be painting or using clay, or chiselling and sanding wood, or welding metal, or turning it on a lathe, or putting heavy trays into ovens, or using corrosive chemicals, or just carrying around huge piles of books and banging into doorframes! And yes, certain types of teachers may well have the realistic prospect of violent incidents or bodily fluids to consider.

I doubt that any subject in any school would be a safe place for a delicate heirloom.
    Last edited by The_Perfect_Sandwich; 24th September 2021 at 02:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post

Rough school is it?
    Precisely my thought:-)

Craftsman
    Last edited by boywithabubblegun; 24th September 2021 at 09:25.

Master
    Seiko SPB155 Baby Alpinist @ 38mm - RRP around £500-£600:

Hamilton H69439363 also @ 38mm & RRP under £400:

Or this Oris Pointer @ 36mm which could probably be had within your budget, and which I think is rather lovely:

Master
    You won't go wrong with a Victorinox if you need something tough.
    There is a 34mm Maverick on their website. I'm not sure if they do a smaller version of the INOX but I've got the gents one with olive dial and it's a fantastic bit of kit.
    They also did a smaller Divemaster 500 with a gorgeous green dial (gold PVD case though - deal breaker?)

1. Citizen Eco-Drive Pro-Drive Promaster Watch (Green)

2. Oris Divers Sixty-Five Watch (Green)

Craftsman
    Some great suggestions here! That Presage is probably my fave, I have the brown cocktail sunburst myself and love it.

The wife is indeed part of the art teaching group, which at one point had me repairing her engagement ring because it was ‘damaged sorting a bucket of rocks’ ! Removing valuables isn’t part of the script

Not my wrist shot, but these are lovely, and only 38.5. Not sure if that’s too big