closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: World Championship Cycling in Flandres this weekend.

Blog Entries

World Championship Cycling in Flandres this weekend.

A World Championship in the Cathedral of Cycling: Flandres. Not the Tour the Flandres route with the 'Muur', 'Koppenberg' and 'Oude Kwaremont'. Try to pronounce that correctly! It's a route more to the east, heading for Leuven or: Louvain in French. But I suggest you stick to the Dutch spelling and pronunciation. It's not really an area where people want to be addressed in French...

Luckily the F1 in Russia will start one hour earlier due to the time difference, so plenty of time to see the final stretch of the World Championship!

Background info in English here: https://cyclingtips.com/2021/05/the-...s-pretty-wild/

Master
    Here is the schedule for BBC coverage. The mens time trial was very close earlier this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/58543903

Steve

Blog Entries
    I think that all 'Flandriens' are packed alongside the route! The interest for this WC is phenomenal - and with Wout van Aert as one of the favorites, they're right to come and see for themselves. Must say that I hope that MvdP will win (bad back, so not really a big chance of success).

Master
    Julian Allaphillipe wearing a $120,000 Richard Mille in the worlds today !!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Julian Allaphillipe wearing a $120,000 Richard Mille in the worlds today !!!
    it was/is probably a dummy one? I'm sure I have seen reference to it and its always showing the same time.. He probably has a real one as well though!

great race and a great champion - i was glad he won as he went on the attack a few times..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon View Post
    it was/is probably a dummy one? I'm sure I have seen reference to it and its always showing the same time.. He probably has a real one as well though!

great race and a great champion - i was glad he won as he went on the attack a few times..
    Apparently he was “ given one” in June of this year. Something to do with Decuinick Quickstep sponsorship. Im a cyclist and I have a fair few watches, and I never wear a watch when cycling.

He absolutely deserved that win, I watched him in the Tour of Britain three weeks ago , he was hungry then. WVA must be feeling pi$$ed as he two disciplines time trials and sprinting have been denied in this world round.

Fantastic to see Tom Pidcock get a 6th as the saying goes watch this space.
    Last edited by higham5; 26th September 2021 at 18:44.

Cracking race. I love watching Alaphillpe race he is such an attacking rider and definitely deserved the win. WVA was a bit too defensive, although that’s easy to say from an armchair when you haven’t cycled 260k at such a pace!

Cheers, Shaun