closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Iwc bracelets and clasps…oh they are so good!

Master

Iwc bracelets and clasps…oh they are so good!

Looking at my next watch purchase and quite fancy the markVXlll la petit Prince on a bracelet. The bracelet is a serious bit of kit! The way the links are removed and the fact every link is removable is awesome. The bracelet design is very comfortable. The clasp, oh the clasp! A tool less micro adjusting clasp that can be used with the watch on your wrist. Just wow. Incredible engineering.

Why have other manufacturers not done something similar! Omega and rolex and now Tudor offer a decent system for micro adjusting. I believe GO are the only other company that have a similar system to IWC.

Stuart
    Last edited by Stuno1; 21st September 2021 at 15:59.

Couldn't agree more. I have the mkxviii on a strap and really want the bracelet but it's VERY expensive bought separately (c. £1300).

PS even better are the new pilot chronos with easily removable bracelets that can be swapped for regular non oem straps!

Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I have the mkxviii on a strap and really want the bracelet but it's VERY expensive bought separately (c. £1300).
    We were just talking about that.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    We were just talking about that.
    Yeah! I am still baulking at paying that sort of money

Master
    Oh wow! That’s a lot but it is a very impressive bit of kit and dare I say worth that price given what other brands charge for far lesser bracelets.

Master
    The bracelet on my 3227 was the best I’v ever had.

Craftsman
    I had a 372501 from 2007 a while back, the bracelet was incredible. It was sizeable without a screwdriver (had tiny buttons under each link that released the link pin) and was built better than most on watches twice the price.

Loved that watch, was just a touch too thick and I had issues with the movement in mine

Master
    Having to now wear a smaller watch - I have just picked up a MK XVII on a bracelet - incredibly well made. But I’ve taken the bracelet off it on arrival as my preference at the moment is a nato strap as the watch stays firmly in the same place.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by neebsta View Post
    Having to now wear a smaller watch - I have just picked up a MK XVII on a bracelet - incredibly well made. But I’ve taken the bracelet off it on arrival as my preference at the moment is a nato strap as the watch stays firmly in the same place.
    Well done! Out of interest, did you manage any discount?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Well done! Out of interest, did you manage any discount?
    It was a price I was happy with. It was an ex display as it’s the XVII version. I don’t think people in general liked the tri date window - I do, plus the red triangle adds a bit of colour. I just bought it as a beater.

Master
    Yet to own one but it seems so good I've been tempted several times, only stopped short due to their prices for a watch with an ETA movement.

I don't mind the Seiko MM style ratcheting bracelet but it would be great if Seiko created something similar to the IWC clasp for their divers and for GS models. If only!

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Master
    I've always really liked the integrated bracelet on a 3521. Very comfortable, but - not finely adjustable. I believe you can get 1.5 size links, but fortunately the bracelet on mine fits nicely at the moment. That's the only IWC bracelet I've had. I think the Marks work better with a strap.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I've always really liked the integrated bracelet on a 3521. Very comfortable, but - not finely adjustable. I believe you can get 1.5 size links, but fortunately the bracelet on mine fits nicely at the moment. That's the only IWC bracelet I've had. I think the Marks work better with a strap.
    I agree completely with you. I have an Ingenieur and had an Aquatimer on bracelets. Very well made and a doddle to size but neither offered fine adjustment- but luckily for me I managed a pretty good fit with them both.

Thanks to the magic of TZUK I'm now the owner of a mk xviii bracelet and couldn't be happier. Really adds to the versatility of the watch

Master
    I also found out the IWC clasp is made in Switzerland and is used by GO, IWC and …… lange and sohne on the odysseus! Also the Odysseus uses the same bracelet link system as the IWC bracelet. Fair to say iwc are in good company!