closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dog Insurance

Dog Insurance

I know there are lots of dog owners here, who do you use for insurance? petPlan seem well known but there are all sorts of others like Sainsbury’s who offer good value…although only if they pay out without a fight. Grateful for experiences?

Thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I know there are lots of dog owners here, who do you use for insurance? petPlan seem well known but there are all sorts of others like Sainsbury’s who offer good value…although only if they pay out without a fight. Grateful for experiences?

Thanks.
    Pet plan but it seems to keep going up. Only had a couple of small claims but paid very quickly.

Yeah Pet Plan here as well, mutt managed to tear a nail almost out this morning £230 vet's bill, claim will go in tomorrow.
    Last edited by number2; 20th September 2021 at 17:29.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Blog Entries
    We are with Tesco pet insurance,they paid 4K for cruciate repair in January.

They’re my insurer. I’ve only had to make one claim and it was sorted quickly and smoothly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

I'm sure there's plenty of threads of this nature. I know I've answered a few. Anyway...

Pet Plan here also. Claimed twice for multi thousand surgeries. No issue at all in claiming. Smooth and without any push back. Sure premiums go up, but that's insurance in general.

We are with Co-op which run by Allianz
    They messed up the renewal twice and gave us a discount to make up for all the hassle. But one of the dogs has just been really ill and they have been excellent with the claim! We had a £5k one claim limit, that is only about 2 days in dog hospital, so make sure you have enough cover! Also make sure you have continuous cover. As many if you claim for a condition in one year you can’t claim for follow on treatment in subsequent years.

Been with petplan and Argos and both were good, Argos hyped their price after a small claim.

Craftsman

Dog insurance

Been with pet plan for 2 of our dogs and they have always paid up quickly and professionally. However with our latest, Boughtbymany was almost half the price for the same cover but with a significantly higher limit (so simplistically twice the cover but many details were the same, none were worse). I gave pet plan a chance to respond as, like I said, they have always been good to us but they weren't interested...... until they gave me a courtesy call after the event to ask why I'd changed and they basically admitted they could've made a counter offer but for reasons that weren't clear (training / new staff etc were mentioned) they didn't.

I don't mind paying a bit above for good reliable service but this was double, and after my due diligence on boughtbymany it was a no brainer...... noting I havent had to make a claim yet and here's hoping I don't have to but all the reviews said they paid up fine.