closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega boutique comes up trumps again - snoopy content

Journeyman

Omega boutique comes up trumps again - snoopy content

When the speedmaster 321 Ed White was announced in early 2020, I visited the London boutique to register my interest. Given I had never purchased a watch from them before they were friendly and helpful (in fact my only Omega at that time was a quartz Bond sea master I bought in 2006). I visited them a couple more times to look at other speedmasters but when lockdown happened I didn’t think much more about it.

I registered an expression of interest in the new Snoopy a few days after it was announced in October 2020. Then in December, out of the blue, I got a call to say a 321 was available for me to purchase. Given several comments about this watch being difficult to get, I was surprised, but went along to the Boutique to pick it up and I’m delighted with this watch. I made a post about it here at the time and it’s been a regular wearer for me.

But the snoopy seemed to me to be a much harder watch to get with much more interest (including on the secondary market). This summer the OB invited me to a personal viewing of the 2021 releases (with champagne etc, which was very pleasant). We did discuss the snoopy then (they didn’t have one for me to look at) but the message was be patient, we know you are interested but it will take time since it’s a very popular watch.

Yesterday, I got a call from the OB, saying that they had just had a delivery of a snoopy and after discussion amongst the staff, the manager had decided to offer one to me. Complete amazement from me given I’ve not seen many snoopy arrival posts recently.

Obviously I visited the Boutique first thing today, and am now the happy owner of a snoopy 50th anniversary watch. I’m very chuffed with it, it looks better in person (the silver dial is much more silver looking than I expected from the photos. And the back with the flying spacecraft and rotating Earth is a lot of fun. It’s great to have two such different speedmasters to wear.

A big thumbs up to boutique given my limited history with them. The deputy manager who served me today said that this was the first snoopy he had handled for a few months and that they are typically getting a couple a month but supply has been a bit slower recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A cracking pair there.

I turned down the 321 (due to cost) but grabbed the Snoopy when it was offered from my OB.

Don’t make them safe queens. They need to see the light!

Congratulations on the Snoopy, a great acquisition! I have to say though, that 321 is just lurvly

Master
    That’s great and what a superb looking couple of watches.

Blog Entries
    What a great acquisition. The Snoopy looks a great addition. Congratulations on getting one of these rare ones. It is always refreshing to hear good news about OB - I have always found them most friendly whenever visiting in store.

Hope you enjoy wearing your new one!!

M
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Craftsman
    Congrats! Wanted one of these as soon as I saw the case back and colour scheme!

Master
    Lovely to hear this! Fantastic watch, any pics of the caseback? :)

Craftsman
    Well done! You’re a lucky man! Which OB was it?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    What a great story,they obviously liked you.

2 very different watches which I am sure you will enjoy wearing.

Journeyman

Omega boutique comes up trumps again - snoopy content

Here’’s a pic of the case back. Although probably a bit gimmicky I really like the moving snoopy spaceship and turning earth.

Last edited by Gavster; 21st September 2021 at 08:06.

So how come you’ve ‘just’ happened to ‘register’ an ‘interest’ in two of Omega’s most, current desirable watches and then voilà, they all turn up? Seems odd to me? Did the manager of the OB notice your VIP cavalcade go down the road just beforehand?

Just lovely!

Enjoy your new purchase

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    So how come you’ve ‘just’ happened to ‘register’ an ‘interest’ in two of Omega’s most, current desirable watches and then voilà, they all turn up? Seems odd to me? Did the manager of the OB notice your VIP cavalcade go down the road just beforehand?
    I understand why you think that, but honestly I’m definitely not a VIP. OB clearly want to try to allocate these watches to people they think are likely to wear and enjoy them, and I guess they think I fall into that category (which I do!). As I stated, I was very surprised by both phone calls inviting me to buy these watches. Hence why I’m very happy with the OB.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
    I understand why you think that, but honestly I’m definitely not a VIP. OB clearly want to try to allocate these watches to people they think are likely to wear and enjoy them, and I guess they think I fall into that category (which I do!). As I stated, I was very surprised by both phone calls inviting me to buy these watches. Hence why I’m very happy with the OB.
    Best of luck mate although the Omega Forum and Omega Facebook pages have thousands of Omega nuts, some with long buying histories, that are crying into their credit card accounts because they can’t get anywhere near to owning either? You must have the Omega Midas touch - you’re not James Bond by any chance, are you?😂

Master
    Well done OP, I’m a firm believer that if you are personable with the staff, all things are possible.

Craftsman
    i love the snoopy, enjoy!

Craftsman
    Congrats. It’s nice to hear genuine enthusiasts getting desirable pieces.

Craftsman
    Here’’s a pic of the case back. Although probably a bit gimmicky I really like the moving snoopy spaceship and turning earth.

Beautiful. Love it when a watchmaker has a fun side

Master
    Blog Entries
    Congratulaitons, but I have to say that the 321 is the only one I'd swap my Moonwatch for - looks fantastic

Craftsman
    Very nice congratulations

Journeyman
    The Snoopy is also my most accurate mechanical watch. After 4 days it is running spot on to the second.

Craftsman
    The Snoopy is also my most accurate mechanical watch. After 4 days it is running spot on to the second.

Would you say the case finishing is better than on a standard speedy?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimforthebushes View Post
    Would you say the case finishing is better than on a standard speedy?
    I don’t have a standard speedy to compare it with. But I will say the finishing compares very favourably with my 321 and ceramic daytona.