closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: London Watch Show

London Watch Show

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread for this, unless I've missed it.
    Did anyone head down? What did you think of it?

I went down on Saturday and thought it was a good show with a couple small critiques:
    There was a security holdup which meant there were two big lines outside unable to get in. For a show that had a large selling point on security this wasn't ideal. It wouldn't have taken much organisation to relieve a large number of people of their watches (and bags full of more watches). Inside it was quite dim, being a ball room.
    The small stands were off to a side and you had to use your phone torch to actually examine watches in detail which was a shame. Easily fixed with some temporary lighting brought in for next year.

It'd be interesting to hear from anyone that did exhibit at the show, because there were lots of watches being tried on. I wondered how many actually bought and sold on the day?

Overall I enjoyed the day, for a first event it certainly felt well polished. The organiser did a great job and there was certainly a buzz in there.

Craftsman
    I went down, it was a great time bar the aforementioned queue on the Saturday. Venue was great and there were a good selection of watches on offer. I had mixed feedback from a few of the dealers I’ve bought from in the past. Great for networking but I don’t think most of them sold quite as many watches as they would have liked.

Craftsman
    I went on the Saturday too and felt sorry for the guys without any lightning. Plus I was outside for an hour. Apparently because the exhibitors hadn’t all set up.

But was a great day out and loved seeing all the watches. But nobody was doing anybody any favours on price.

2007/8 sub without box or papers for £9450, and that was the only 5 digit pre-ceramic date for sale at the whole show. Crazy….. considering the amount of watches at the event

Glad I hadn't been alerted. Just down the road, but, who needs to stand in line to look at some watches..

Craftsman
    a friend of mine went and said it wasn’t great, lots of dealers just selling overpriced stock

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ellsy_79 View Post
    a friend of mine went and said it wasn’t great, lots of dealers just selling overpriced stock
    Pricing was mostly crazy. Although most dealers were open to negotiating somewhat

Journeyman
    I went on the Saturday, didn't feel entirely comfortable standing on Park Lane for 10 minutes with several watches in my possession

The show was well organised, agree with the comments regarding the lighting

Got a chance to try on some nice pieces, unfortunately no bargains to be had!

Not sure what the “show” is all about. Not like the European shows where dealers go to trade between theirselves. Run by amateurs and wide boys and the stall holders are of the same ilk.