closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Final Rolex Oysterquartz 17014 RRP? (Answered)

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Final Rolex Oysterquartz 17014 RRP? (Answered)

Does anyone know what the final Oysterquartz 17014 UK RRP was in the last catalogue in which it appeared (2001 I think?)?

For the avoidance of doubt, the 17014 is the stainless steel case, white gold fluted bezel, integrated Jubilee-alike bracelet version.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 20th September 2021 at 12:46.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    TZ-Uk73 (member here) has one. Maybe worth a PM in case he does not see this thread.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

A bit earlier than the requested date but just in case, it was £1,244.00 as per my price list dated 3rd April 1989.

Master
    With just a plain dial a 17014 was £1,990 from October 1994.

I'll try to look out for a slightly later price list in my stores. By the early 2000s it doesn't appear to have been listed.

H

From year 2000 catalogue

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Thank you very much everyone for your replies.

I think the year 2000 catalogue page usefully answers my specific question: £2160 for the 17014.

According to http://oysterquartz.net/, the 17000 last appeared in a Rolex catalogue in 2001. However, it seems likely that the 17014 last appeared in a catalogue in 2000.

The reason for my question is that I've had a beautiful iridescent blue dial 17014 for some time and I just wanted to confirm where new pricing on these got to before they were withdrawn from sale.

I must say it amuses me where current market prices have got to on these compared to (a) what they were just a few years ago, and (b) what their prices were when last sold new.

I still think that Rolex are missing a trick not releasing new quartz models. If Citizen and Seiko can release quartz models at the highest level then Rolex could too.

Thanks again, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I must say it amuses me where current market prices have got to on these compared to (a) what they were just a few years ago, and (b) what their prices were when last sold new.
    ONS inflation rates are available here for anyone interested/bored enough to do the math.

Master
    I've often thought that, although I wouldn't buy one myself. Imagine a solar Daytona with a digital stopwatch.

Blog Entries
    At current market prices these are outpacing general inflation by around 200-300%

When I bought the 17014 a few years ago (was it here or eBay? I can't remember), it was lagging general inflation.

How times change.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    ONS inflation rates are available here for anyone interested/bored enough to do the math.
    Interesting, prices are very roughly 3x what they were in Jan 1987; my GMT was acquired for £697 in July 1986 so on this basis the equivalent model would cost something like £2150 now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    I was bored enough last year to look at RPI and Swiss Franc/Sterling exchange rate movements in this context. Can’t for the life of me remember the details but fair to say list price increases beat the combined index rises.