closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Car leasing...next PPI?

Car leasing...next PPI?

Speaking to a chap today who’s coming out of a 3 or 4 year business lease which is due to end in November, he was talking about speaking to the lease company as he feels the value of the vehicle (2nd hand value) has now sky rocketed over the past few months and the estimated depreciation they would have worked out his monthly’s on is now far less. Not sure what he’s hoping to achieve (probably some kind of compo) other than winding himself up but he’s convinced that it has the potential to be the next PPI.
    Surely this is just a case of the lease companies good fortune that prices have gone up as the market dictates, when the lease was taken out it wasn’t like that and prices could have gone vastly the other way.
    Anyone agree or is he just talking rubbish...I know my opinion.
    FFF

Master
    He's a sore loser. He hedged against prices crashing and ended up on the wrong side of the bet. Quite sure he wouldn't be rushing to offer more if the global economy had collapsed and car prices tanked like many did around 2008.

No different to taking out a fixed rate anything and finding prices come down not up but being locked in, can't remember many successfully claiming compo for that...

He has no chance.

The leasing company may have worked out the monthly rentals based on estimated future value, but that won’t be in the contract. He’s signed a long-term hire agreement for a set monthly payment and that’s what he got. It’s as simple as that.

In a contract hire/lease, it’s never your car. You don’t get the V5c and you don’t pay the tax. DVLA checks will show the registered owner as XYZ Finance. A speeding ticket would go to the finance house first, who would them forward it to the customer.

The value of that asset has nothing to do with him at any point.

Not a chance but no doubt someone will try it.

Master
    He's probably more upset because he will be paying a lot more per month to get into exactly the same car he had before.

Very bad form on his part. He made a decision on the basis of all available information as did the lease company. They got the better of it this time, but it could have gone the other way.

Sounds like he rolled his dice and lost.
    It happens.

Sounds like the sort of guy who "wants what it owes him" when selling a Bremont but "market price" when selling a Rolex.

Master
    Ask the lease company if he can buy it from them. They’ll have a laugh at least.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Anyone got anything back from a bank / building society from a fixed rate term mortgage when the rates go against you - i think not..

Nothing has been mis-sold, so nothing to make a claim against.

Having been in the ‘eye of the storm’ with PPI, I can say the two have nothing in common….

Man rents a car on long term basis from its owner…hands it back is pee’d off owner hasn’t lost his shirt….

When forecasting residual values historical data is used combined with a bit of future forecasting on trends etc…..but ‘Minority Report’ it isn’t…..

Renter to owner “I see values have tanked can I give you £2’500 to cover the gap” ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think you already suspect this FFF, but your customer is a typical 'manchild'.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Anyone agree or is he just talking rubbish...I know my opinion.
    FFF
    I cannot imagine many - if any - agreeing with his gripe.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I bet he's spent the last three years boasting about what a great deal he got too.

People whose PCP deals are nearing term are the real winners, they can buy their car at the agreed GFV, probably several £k less than market value.

Needs to adjust his medication.
    He simply needs to pay the final purchase price to take ownership, sell it on and then pocket the increase.
    He'd get on well with a CMC...they're mostly dickheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    He simply needs to pay the final purchase price to take ownership, sell it on and then pocket the increase.
    That’s not an option on a lease; there is no purchase option unless the lease company choose to offer one. Even if they did, it’s likely to be at market value rather than what it owes them.

Master
    A lot of people weren’t even aware they’d signed up for PPI. Presumably this person knows he leased a car!!

Blog Entries
    I assume that if the value had nose dived he would be happy with an additional charge on his final invoice.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Sounds like the sort of guy who "wants what it owes him" when selling a Bremont but "market price" when selling a Rolex.
    Laughed out loud at this