closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 80 of 80

Thread: New Commando with tropical dial

  1. #51
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,450

    New Commando with tropical dial

    Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    Yes.



    Ace - thank you - I think I misread that first time around!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Ace - thank you - I think I misread that first time around!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Will you go for one or are you maybe holding out for the acrylic?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #53
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Will you go for one or are you maybe holding out for the acrylic?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíd love the acrylic version - I just canít get along with the ďmilky ringĒ effect of the sapphire.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #54
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,016
    Blog Entries
    1
    Anyone manage to get one?

    Mine was in the basket then did a Keyser SŲze.

    If anyone has buyers remorse please let me know as still want one.

  5. #55
    Got one in the basket but could not go forward to the payment page ...hah will try again next shop opening :)

    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

  6. #56
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    209
    Were there any acrylic crystal commandos sold today? I have heard of them but don't recall seeing a picture. I'm defiantly warming to this one.

  7. #57
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,450

    New Commando with tropical dial

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    Were there any acrylic crystal commandos sold today? I have heard of them but don't recall seeing a picture. I'm defiantly warming to this one.
    Doesnít look like they are available yet.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by oca9i View Post
    Got one in the basket but could not go forward to the payment page ...hah will try again next shop opening :)

    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thatís the spirit Ö part of the chase 😆 haha

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    Were there any acrylic crystal commandos sold today? I have heard of them but don't recall seeing a picture. I'm defiantly warming to this one.
    Not for another couple weeks Iíve read

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Iíd love the acrylic version - I just canít get along with the ďmilky ringĒ effect of the sapphire.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíve never had an issue with the sapphire ďmilky ringĒ but I know many canít get on with it. Iíve a few acrylic pieces so can see the appeal, depends on the watch. I generally like sapphire more on a polished watch cases. If itís brushed I like the used acrylic look.

  10. #60
    Reminded me of the commando tropical dial. Whatís more interesting though is what the original owner has had done to the case. Follow the link and check how he engraved his name and address on the side of the case. Thereís also a link to a YouTube vid.



    https://bulangandsons.eu/collections...ctor-set-w1467

    https://youtu.be/whhKtxj4ceA


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #61
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Reminded me of the commando tropical dial. Whatís more interesting though is what the original owner has had done to the case. Follow the link and check how he engraved his name and address on the side of the case. Thereís also a link to a YouTube vid.



    https://bulangandsons.eu/collections...ctor-set-w1467

    https://youtu.be/whhKtxj4ceA


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watch looks amazing, that engraving is pretty crazy!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #62
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    England
    Posts
    84
    Has anybody received one of new tropical dial Commando pieces yet, would love to see what they look like on the wrist so to speak.

  13. #63
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    47,276
    On a 7" wrist.



    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  14. #64
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    209
    The commando looks great..but that 1016 dial is amazing.

  15. #65
    Craftsman namzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    500
    Did anyone manage to get to order one of these today?

    I was waiting for the store to open but the ďadd to cartĒ never appeared for me.

  16. #66
    Craftsman williemays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Dubuque
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by namzo View Post
    Did anyone manage to get to order one of these today?

    I was waiting for the store to open but the ďadd to cartĒ never appeared for me.
    I did not think the shop was open today. I am waiting for the Polar Dreadnought so have been watching for announcements. A Facebook comment suggests it might be October 17?

  17. #67
    Craftsman namzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    500
    Ah okay, thanks for that.

    Silly me was sat there waiting.

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    The commando looks great..but that 1016 dial is amazing.
    Pretty fantastic isnít it

  19. #69
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    England
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    On a 7" wrist.



    Eddie
    cheers Eddie, does look pretty amazing of the wrist, I could even be swayed towards the Commando from the Everest as this rate.

  20. #70
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,016
    Blog Entries
    1
    I think Iíve managed to get one...

  21. #71

    New Commando with tropical dial

    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I think Iíve managed to get one...
    Congrats

  22. #72
    Hopefully we get to see more of these in peopleís hands with some strap changes. Iíve not seen any posted anywhere yet. Are people keeping their smiths pieces with the plastic on and not enjoying them? 🤷🏻*♂️

  23. #73
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,016
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ill be using mine as a daily wearer for sure, Iím not sold on the riveted bracelet and 20mm gives lots of strap options from my speedie.

    Iíd like to see it on a Milanese or simple brown calfskin.

  24. #74
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,016
    Blog Entries
    1
    Itís here, and itís awesome!


  25. #75
    Grand Master Daddelvirks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Leiden- Netherlands
    Posts
    32,334
    Blog Entries
    1
    Wow, looks fantastic.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

  26. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Itís here, and itís awesome!

    Dial looks stunning hereÖ is it a darker brown in person? Some of the photos make it look lighter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #77
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,016
    Blog Entries
    1
    In half light it looks black, in room lighting itís like a mahogany and in sunlight itís more noticeable.

    Crucially it never looks like dog shit brown...! 😀

  28. #78
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,043
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    In half light it looks black, in room lighting itís like a mahogany and in sunlight itís more noticeable.

    Crucially it never looks like dog shit brown...! 
    As far as "browns" go it is a very good brown. I can't wait for the Tropical Commander.

  29. #79
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    209
    Congratulations. Looks great on the wrist. I guess the dark colour of the hands is a lighting thing? Dark brown hands would look amazing though I guess less practical.

  30. #80
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,016
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    Congratulations. Looks great on the wrist. I guess the dark colour of the hands is a lighting thing? Dark brown hands would look amazing though I guess less practical.
    Yes all three hands are in high polish. Itís really legible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information