closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mech-inspired G Shock - labels galore for your $1,650

Mech-inspired G Shock - labels galore for your $1,650

I think this new titanium G looks brilliant.

Makes it look like something Ripley could've worn in Alien.

But it is $1,650.

https://www.g-central.com/mech-inspi...-metal-square/

That is pretty amazing. But yeah that price tag feels high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    That is pretty amazing. But yeah that price tag feels high

Indeed. I thought the previous titanium ones were about half that, but looking online it seems they were about the same price.

Love it. Hate the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Love it. Hate the price.
    I wonder if they'll later on come out with a resin version with similar styling?

If someone told me this was 'the original G Shock' I could believe it. It's so properly functional and looks the part.

Love it.

Master
    Absolutely love it!

Craftsman
    just bought the previous generation from SC - was lucky to get a unused with stickers on... price is high but the lightness is awesome..

I like that, but if all the links have detail printed on them what happens when you resize the bracelet. From memory I usually take about 5 or 6 links out of these metal G bracelets, especially as they appear numbered?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I like that, but if all the links have detail printed on them what happens when you resize the bracelet. From memory I usually take about 5 or 6 links out of these metal G bracelets, especially as they appear numbered?
    The ones you remove aren't numbered. They do have written 'Joint Pin Removal' and an arrow for the direction of removal, which is cool:

Oh that’s cool

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    The ones you remove aren't numbered. They do have written 'Joint Pin Removal' and an arrow for the direction of removal, which is cool:
    Many thanks, that answers that then.

Cool watch, but not cheap.

Love it. Will probably clear out my other 2 full metals and get this. Can't see me wearing any other gshock apart from this one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I wonder if they'll later on come out with a resin version with similar styling?

If someone told me this was 'the original G Shock' I could believe it. It's so properly functional and looks the part.
    If they did a resin version of this with a combi bracelet, for less that £200, I would be throwing my money at them. However, that’s also true of the titanium camo one and maybe the tron. Given that those haven’t come out in resin, I’d be surprised if this did.

If they did a resin version of this with a combi bracelet, for less that £200, I would be throwing my money at them. However, that’s also true of the titanium camo one and maybe the tron. Given that those haven’t come out in resin, I’d be surprised if this did.
    This is very true.

This G stock is on another level. Love the red accents.

This looks superb. Thanks for sharing OP

Craftsman
    And you can read the time :)

Someone at g-shock hq is laughing very loudly right about now.

Looks awesome. Can't see it for sale in the UK, any ideas on release date?

Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect View Post
    Someone at g-shock hq is laughing very loudly right about now.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Looks awesome. Can't see it for sale in the UK, any ideas on release date?

Why?
    According to the article it's not due for release in Japan until sometime in October, and presumably elsewhere either at the same time or slightly later.

I'd guess jmarchitect means that they're laughing because of the enormous markup they can achieve with some of these limited releases. It's a fair point as the core module is the same as ones costing far far less, but it's in new (more expensive to make) clothes.

That being said they're welcome to laugh, as judging by this thread they're making something that people really want!

According to the article it's not due for release in Japan until sometime in October, and presumably elsewhere either at the same time or slightly later.

I'd guess jmarchitect means that they're laughing because of the enormous markup they can achieve with some of these limited releases. It's a fair point as the core module is the same as ones costing far far less, but it's in new (more expensive to make) clothes.

That being said they're welcome to laugh, as judging by this thread they're making something that people really want!
    Yea I must say I've always admired the titanium G-Shocks from afar, but this is the first one that's really got me thinking about pulling out my wallet.

I imagine the markup on this is probably no higher than a lot of swiss autos to be honest.

Yea I must say I've always admired the titanium G-Shocks from afar, but this is the first one that's really got me thinking about pulling out my wallet.

I imagine the markup on this is probably no higher than a lot of swiss autos to be honest.
    Exactly. If Bremont can ask £5k for an ETA 7750 based Chrono I'm pretty sure Gshock can ask £1300 or so for a Titanium watch with actually a fair bit of complexity going on. I even heard Breitling were asking the best part of four grand for the Aerospace that has an inferior digital module vs the Gshock. Value goes out the window with watches and most of the value is in the brand

Master

I don’t like any of the writing on the links or the clasp, looks awful to me. I am happy with the pin arrows on the inside, where they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I don’t like any of the writing on the links or the clasp, looks awful to me. I am happy with the pin arrows on the inside, where they should be!
    It's a lot isn't it, but sort of the point of this themed edition though.

I like the links but my initial reaction to the clasp was a bit uncertain, but it's grown on me personally.

Master
    You think this is pricey, just wait until these come out😁

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by micks_address View Post
    just bought the previous generation from SC - was lucky to get a unused with stickers on... price is high but the lightness is awesome..

That is far nicer that the one the OP posted...all that writing just spoils it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    You think this is pricey, just wait until these come out
    Are they titanium models? Are they expected to be even more expensive?!

You think this is pricey, just wait until these come out
    They look like Mick's, just with a bit of red on the face. Surely they'll be no more expensive than the mech one, or do they have some other trick within?

Master
    They look like Mick's, just with a bit of red on the face. Surely they'll be no more expensive than the mech one, or do they have some other trick within?
    MR-G models..........which equals expensive😁

MR-G models..........which equals expensive
    That does indeed! I thought MR G were always analogue models. Interesting if they're going digi only as well.

Master
    That does indeed! I thought MR G were always analogue models. Interesting if they're going digi only as well.
    MR-G's were originally digital before moving over to analogue. Will be interesting to see the price on these when available, planned for a November release.

I still don’t get £1000+ squares. Particularly as you can get the same module in resin versions which are 1/8th of the price. Fair enough charge a bit more for materials but that is a bit much. That aside, I do like the designs they come up with for the titanium models.

Not sure what the MR-G square will bring to the table other than MR-G on the case but I’ll try to keep an open mind!

MR-G's were originally digital before moving over to analogue. Will be interesting to see the price on these when available, planned for a November release.
    Oh I see, thank you for the info.

I still don’t get £1000+ squares. Particularly as you can get the same module in resin versions which are 1/8th of the price. Fair enough charge a bit more for materials but that is a bit much. That aside, I do like the designs they come up with for the titanium models.

Not sure what the MR-G square will bring to the table other than MR-G on the case but I’ll try to keep an open mind!
    Nothing looks remarkably different on the front, so maybe it's a special case back, hand hammered or the like like they did on the bezels of some of the special ones? Or perhaps a piece of wood from a Nakajima prop, embedded in the...battery compartment...

Master

Case make up is different on the MR-G, think it's made up of 8 different parts instead of the usual 2. Don't know any other differences between the MR-G and other Ti models though.

I think it's made up of 8 different parts instead of the usual 2.
    ….but why?

2 is good. 2 works well. No one complains that the G-Shock case should have more parts. Seems like it’s busy work to justify its existence.

Just to qualify that, MR-Gs with totally different cases and modules are their own thing. If someone likes them, no offence meant. My puzzlement is with a MR-G that looks like a regular DW-5600.

I must keep an open mind.

Master
    ….but why?

2 is good. 2 works well. No one complains that the G-Shock case should have more parts. Seems like it’s busy work to justify its existence.

Just to qualify that, MR-Gs with totally different cases and modules are their own thing. If someone likes them, no offence meant. My puzzlement is with a MR-G that looks like a regular DW-5600.

No idea mate, probably trying to make it even tougher than the usual square G's😁
    Also rumours of GPS and a different type of Ti than the other squares.........🤷

Master
    Understated, but so elegant.

Craftsman
    Really cool, but way too much text on the bracelet and clasp, seems like a bizarre design choice.

Mech-inspired G Shock - labels galore for your $1,650

I quite like this edition -but if you don’t there are plenty of other more vanilla versions to choose from!
    I’ve got lots of g shocks, and my son wears the all steel positive display version - but to me a g shock is resin and I have no interest in buying a full metal G myself. The closest I have are various screwbacks and frogmen and I recently bought a GW5000U - but they all possess that plastic 80’s schoolboy watch vibe which to me is what they’re all about! - let’s face it, anything above the dw5600 is for posers

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    let’s face it, anything above the dw5600 is for posers
    Bottom line and end of story.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimforthebushes View Post
    Really cool, but way too much text on the bracelet and clasp, seems like a bizarre design choice.
    I think it's tongue-in-cheek. Ironic. A bit of a laugh.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I think it's tongue-in-cheek. Ironic. A bit of a laugh.
    I thought that at first but the price tag made me think otherwise!

Just a heads up, spotted this on the G-Shock website at £1,480.

https://g-shock.co.uk/gmw-b5000tva-1er

Possible 12.5% topcashback too, although it says it excludes 'limited edition collaborations' so it probably won't work. No harm in trying though if you're buying it anyway.

I've sat staring at it for the last 30 minutes and have ultimately decided against buying it, but it was close..!

Blog Entries
    Just a heads up, spotted this on the G-Shock website at £1,480.

https://g-shock.co.uk/gmw-b5000tva-1er
    Wow! That's some exchange rate they're using.

Fully aware I'm not adding much to this thread; but I too cannot see why Casio isn't providing the bluetooth module (3461?) in a metal screwback case with a resin bezel. i.e continuity from the DW5600C/GW5000 models.

Maybe they think the bog standard GW-B5600 are good enough and anyone who wants a screwback can get a heavy steel bracelet model or spend more on the titanium models.