closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Lange and a few pics from Redbar London

New Lange and a few pics from Redbar London

Hey everyone,

Quick snap of my new Lange 1815 annual calendar ...

And some watch shots from the Redbar London meetup last night. Great fun.

(Click to make bigger)

Very nice 👍🏻
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Beautiful ALS, congrats

That 1815 looks superb. I love the look of it but know I wouldn't be able to read it with my close up eyesight. I ended up getting the chronograph, but would love one of these as well.

That is a superb ALS 👍

Very nice !

Craftsman
    I love that 1815. I was walking past the ALS boutique in London a few months back and i saw it out of the corner of my eye. I strolled on for a couple of moments before making my way back to ALS to try it on. It’s absolutely splendid. Great choice.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Adrian, that's a really beautiful watch! As always with any Lange, please post a picture of the movement!

I'm a bit biased as I treated myself to an 1815 chrono last month having wanted one for at least 5 years and finally deciding to take the plunge. IMO Lange watches really are amazing things, but the renewed interest has made me start to want a Zeitwerk, which I really must resist!

Quote Originally Posted by Corryvreckan View Post
    Adrian, that's a really beautiful watch! As always with any Lange, please post a picture of the movement!

I'm a bit biased as I treated myself to an 1815 chrono last month having wanted one for at least 5 years and finally deciding to take the plunge. IMO Lange watches really are amazing things, but the renewed interest has made me start to want a Zeitwerk, which I really must resist!
    I have a chrono as well. If it will dampen your ardour for the Zeitwerk (I'd really like one as well) I read recently that a service is over $5,000

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    I have a chrono as well. If it will dampen your ardour for the Zeitwerk (I'd really like one as well) I read recently that a service is over $5,000
    Raffe was selling a platinum Lange a long time ago on SC (think it sold for about 30-35k on a different forum in the end).

The service cost about the same as a Sub ND from memory and the buckle was around another 5k EUR I think.

Beautiful watches but wow.

Lange publish their service costs on their website -

https://www.alange-soehne.com/en/cus...pair/pricelist

A Zeitwerk (Category 5) comes in at 7200Eu: that's approx. £6200. Polishing is an extra 800Eu, or about £690.

Edit: Raffe's sales post from 2019 is easy to find. For comparison, I think his Datograph Flyback is a Category 3.
    Last edited by jwg663; 21st September 2021 at 16:17.
    ______

​Jim.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    It does, unfortunately! Wow, that's a lot for a service, but I'm sure I'll still want a Zeitwerk having tried on a 'date' variety recently. I wonder what the recommended service interval is, presumably it's when something goes wrong? I'd also be interested to know how long (in hours) it actually takes to disassemble and check/adjust the movement of something as complex as their tier 4 or 5 watches before reassembling it. I have no idea what all of this actually entails and how much work is involved.

When you consider that a service for a tier 1 movement is 850 euro, or around £730, does this make a submariner service bad value at around £600, or the Lange service costs not quite so bad?

It also makes me wonder about some of the older complex watches from Lange and similar brands that pop up for sale on Watchfinder or a similar trader, which presumably are looked at in-house and don't go back to the manufacturer for a service and overhaul at the sorts of costs linked to above. With the oldest Zeitwerks now around 12 years old it has to be a consideration.

Movement shot for y'all. (Looks better if you click it).

Quote Originally Posted by adrianwong View Post
    Movement shot for y'all. (Looks better if you click it).
    That really is lovely-I could stare at ALS movements all day long. In fact, sometimes I think I do

Fantastic looking movement

An absolute stunner, I have to own a Lange at some point.