closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Excited for tomorrow. Possible new watch day.

Master

Excited for tomorrow. Possible new watch day.

Having recently sold a couple of watches (Tudor GMT and longines conquest) I am keen to pick up my next watch. I have been looking for a while but got the ok from swmbo a couple of weeks ago. As such I am going to try an IWC mkxviii le petite prince on the bracelet and a omega 300 professional white dial tomorrow at goldsmiths.

Very different watches and before trying them on the IWC has the lead due to it being a brand I am yet to own, the bracelet and the clasp. The dial is also such a lovely blue. I have seen my friends le petite prince chrono so have a good idea what to expect.

Quite excited to see what I think of them once on the wrist.

A contrast indeed! I have owned the very same Omega and you won’t go wrong if that’s the way you decide.

Looking forward to a couple of photos and hearing how you got on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    A contrast indeed! I have owned the very same Omega and you won’t go wrong if that’s the way you decide.

Looking forward to a couple of photos and hearing how you got on.
    I have had the omega in my sites for a while with the IWC being a late contender. I agree, I think either will watch will make me very happy indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    I have had the omega in my sites for a while with the IWC being a late contender. I agree, I think either will watch will make me very happy indeed.
    I've owned both (well, the chocolate dial version of the Mark18). Both are great watches but only the IWC remains.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I've owned both (well, the chocolate dial version of the Mark18). Both are great watches but only the IWC remains.
    Interesting. I think the simplicity and elegance of the IWC might take it.

Interesting. I think the simplicity and elegance of the IWC might take it.
    It's certainly both of those things provided you have the wrists for it. It has a very long lug to lug length but the case is beautifully slim and elegant.

Master
    Just back from Goldsmiths. The IWC wins for me. Far more comfortable than the omega which is also comfortable! The IWC strap and clasp are superb and the thin case and lug design fit my wrist very well indeed. Unfortunately they were not willing to offer any discount at all so the search goes on and now know the watch I want to buy.

IWC definitely looks the more 'special' of the two

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverte View Post
    IWC definitely looks the more 'special' of the two

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk
    Agreed, it is a more timeless aesthetic to me and just an incredible watch from an engineering standpoint. Purchase history has helped me for the first time ever! Fraser Hart have come through. Collecting tomorrow. Sooooo excited.

Agreed, it is a more timeless aesthetic to me and just an incredible watch from an engineering standpoint. Purchase history has helped me for the first time ever! Fraser Hart have come through. Collecting tomorrow. Sooooo excited.
    Good choice. It looks great on you.

Master
    Good choice. It looks great on you.
    Cheers. I was disappointed with the bezel action on the omega. My 58 feels nicer.

Yes ,I’m really liking the iwc,nothing wrong with the omega but the iwc does look more special,upmarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    The iWC looks great. Congratulations. I spotted one of these on a chap when shoe shopping las week. I though it looked great in the wild. I'd be very happy to have one myself. Best of health.

Cheers. I was disappointed with the bezel action on the omega. My 58 feels nicer.
    The bb58 bezel action is superb. As nice as the Omega is its just a touch too thick imo. BTW, in case you didn't know you are in good company. The blue IWC LPP on bracelet is worn by Rowan Atkinson in Johnny English Strikes Again :-)

Master
    The bb58 bezel action is superb. As nice as the Omega is its just a touch too thick imo. BTW, in case you didn't know you are in good company. The blue IWC LPP on bracelet is worn by Rowan Atkinson in Johnny English Strikes Again :-)
    Haha. Good company indeed.

I have to agree it’s almost identical thickness to my aqua terra but it felt a lot thicker for some reason. It just didn’t hit the spot the way I hoped it would.

The IWC looks lovely. Congratulations 👏