closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex day-date pricing advice and president bracelet stretch

Master

Rolex day-date pricing advice and president bracelet stretch

Calling on the forum WISdom, I’ve been in a bricks and mortar jewellers looking at a really nice 1979 vintage day-date today. It’s in reasonable condition, no B&P, but does have a Rolex service from about a year back.

Could I please ask a little advice on what we think might be a good price for one of these?? I’m afraid I am massively out of touch when it comes to the price of a yellow gold day date.

Also, if any owners could please share with me a picture of the bracelet “stretch” it would be really helpful. I though the one I looked at today was in pretty good shape being 40-odd year old, but any comparisons would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a chrono24 search for ones in the UK which would suggest £10-13k depending on condition and assuming a plain version.

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/search/in...ck&sortorder=1

You are right to be concerned about the bracelet as even aftermarket gold ones are £4k from memory and the real thing much more.

Master
    I went through the same search 7 months ago.

Here’s one I didn’t go for, versus the one I did. The watch is from 1989. Both were priced the same (mine from Charles Fish, the droopy one from Watchfinder). ALWAYS get bracelet stretch photos.

Watchfinder’s example:

Mine:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    I went through the same search 7 months ago.

Here’s one I didn’t go for, versus the one I did. The watch is from 1989. Both were priced the same (mine from Charles Fish, the droopy one from Watchfinder). ALWAYS get bracelet stretch photos.

Watchfinder’s example:

Mine:

Very helpful photos - the one I was looking at was somewhere in between the two of these I recon. I decided to pass on the one I was looking at. I did have a look round C24, but I found one (all be it with a different dial) on Miltons website in much, much better condition and as a full set for about the same price.
    I might drop them a line and see what a dual change would cost, but in the mean time the search continues!