closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: POP! Funko figures. Any collectors?

Master

POP! Funko figures. Any collectors?

These are pretty new to me, I stumbled across them by accident while looking to complete my Marvel BEARZ collection (Only Carnage left to track down from series 1, sadly series 2 never made it to production. linky; http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...FUIu2wod4AEB4g)

Anyway, I do vaguely remember these Funko POP! things coming out, but they seem to have gone through the roof - there are thousands of them now, some of the pretty rare!
    Surely we have some collectors on here?

I've ordered a couple of the classic movie ones (Hannibal and Hellraiser) but I think the Futurama, Ghostbusters and Breaking Bad cast may well be finding their way to a shelf very soon.
    Oh, and of course the Marvel and DC figures. That could get rather expensive as the out-of-press ones (a lot of the early stuff) sells for a fair chunk.
    In fact, I've seen a Breaking Bad 'Heisenberg' limited edition figure in 'blue crystal' which I might order next.

They are between £10 and £20 each and look like quite cool stocking fillers, I think I've found my new collection.

http://funko.com/collections/pop/pop-marvel

I am aware of them, I've been tempted by the odd favourite character. But with such a large selection production and variants on offer I'm scared as the collection will never be complete, and so the spending would never end.

Blog Entries
    My kids have a few, when I took my son to comicon last year, and Minecon this year, there were lots of them. The variety is vast, the price of some of the Limited editions eye watering, and some of them actually look pretty cool. I suspect it could be a bit of a fad but I guess you will always have a core of hardened collectors. I would suggest getting yourself along to Comicon if you do fancy getting some as they will all be available at a price (just accept that you will be rubbing shoulders with many geeks and generally some 'unusual' individuals.
    James

Been meaning to pick up the Hannibal figures. Don't know why, but I like 'em. A lot. Bonkers.

Master
    Epic thread resurrection (6 and a bit years) but on the off-chance are there any proper collectors of these on here? I'm going to sell quite a few of mine, my TPD list has got to 400 marvel figures (which is what I try to stick to collecting) and that doesn't take into account about 150 none Marvel ones... I think it's time to shift some.

I've a few rarities if there's any interest.