closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Has anyone worked with JustGiving?

Has anyone worked with JustGiving?

As you know, Virgin MoneyGiving is closing on 30 November and I had to look for another home for the fundraiser. I asked the charities we support and they opted for JustGiving.

The way it works with Virgin is that you can add as many charities as you want and then allocate a percentage of the total to each charity (our 5 charities all get 20%). With JustGiving, you have to create a separate page for each charity and then "create a team" to combine all the pages, the donor is then presented with all 5 pages on a single page and selects which charity they wish to support.

I've printed off the guide for creating a team and even though the instructions seem quite simple, I can't find the "Start a new team" button so now I'm stuck. Has anyone any experience with this? There is no "contact us" link for JustGiving.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Everyone at work seems to use JustGiving when raising money so it must be easy enough. Realise that does not answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    Everyone at work seems to use JustGiving when raising money so it must be easy enough. Realise that does not answer your question.
    Setting up a page couldn't be easier but combining 5 pages into what they call a "team" is baffling.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

This video may help.

In the past I've created multiple JG pages and asked supporters to choose which one to donate to, as I wasn't aware of the 'Teams' function to create a single entry point. I'll be following this with interest.

I expect that you've already found these:

https://help.justgiving.com/hc/en-us...-to-Team-Pages

https://help.justgiving.com/hc/en-us...n-one-charity-
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Hi Eddie,

You have to create a separate fundraising page for each charity.

Then you link them as follows:

1. Log into your account, click on your name in the top right hand corner and select 'Your Fundraising'.

2. Choose 'Start a new team'.

3. Choose a name and web address.

4. Select 'Open' (anyone can join) or 'Closed' (you’ll need to authorise new members).

5. Enter the amount you'd like to raise for your charities.

6. With one of your Fundraising Pages pre-selected, hit 'Make a team page'.

7. Revisit your team page (by visiting the web address you chose), and select 'Settings' and click 'Allow fundraising for any cause'.

8. Start sharing your page with potential donors.

Master
    As in a small way, it will be the end of the original fundraiser I think it’s really important to reflect on what it’s achieved. Sir Alex Ferguson always said it’s important to celebrate success and the amount of money you’ve facilitated raising is huge. Not many people have achieved what you have in that respect.

Maybe, to get the new one going, it might be worth setting a short term target. Say a couple of grand by Christmas?

Anyway, I know direct praise is a little cringey, but we’ll done.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Hi Eddie,

You have to create a separate fundraising page for each charity.

Then you link them as follows:

1. Log into your account, click on your name in the top right hand corner and select 'Your Fundraising'.

2. Choose 'Start a new team'.

3. Choose a name and web address.

4. Select 'Open' (anyone can join) or 'Closed' (you’ll need to authorise new members).

5. Enter the amount you'd like to raise for your charities.

6. With one of your Fundraising Pages pre-selected, hit 'Make a team page'.

7. Revisit your team page (by visiting the web address you chose), and select 'Settings' and click 'Allow fundraising for any cause'.

8. Start sharing your page with potential donors.
    I've done all this but I'm not seeing "Start a new team".

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I've done all this but I'm not seeing "Start a new team".

Eddie
    I've tried and don't see it either. Seems people are regurgitating JustGiving instructions which just don't work.

There is a 'chatbox' help which might work.

I emailed them and they responded with this:

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If your friend would like to set up a team page, joining individual fundraising pages together, he'll first need to have his own active fundraising page.

From there, he can visit this page for more information on team pages, and a step-by-step guide on how to set one up: A-guide-to-new-team-pages

If he sets up a team page, he'll be the team captain. This means that he can personalise his team page, invite friends to join and approve those requesting to join if he creates a 'closed' team.

I hope this helps.

I think that link is the one where I got the previous info, so not sure we're any further forward.

I've managed to do it, joining three existing fundraising pages:

https://www.justgiving.com/team/curta

It was through the settings menu of one to the original fundraiser to set up, and then I had to go to the Team settings page to enable multiple charities. It wasn't too tricky in the end. I'm off out tonight but will try to post some screenshots later.

-edit- The total isn't showing correctly, not worked out what's going on there.

After logging into JustGiving I selected one of the active fundraising pages:

Then selected the Settings tab:

And scrolled down to the Create a Team option:

Followed the steps to set up the team, choosing a URL, etc. Once the page was created I went to the Teams Settings tab and chose to allow team members to fundraise for any charity:

Then added the other fundraising pages from the main Teams page by selecting Join the team (I had already added one in this screenshot):

Select Connect fundraising page:

And add them one by one:

And that seemed to do the trick.

I went back to them and said it still wasn't clear - could they provide a phone number? This is their response:

Thanks for getting back in touch.

As JustGiving is a website, we primarily provide digital support so we can help multiple people at once so everyone can get the help they need. We don’t use phone numbers but I am sure we can help the fundraiser further here.

Please let him know to get in touch with us directly by emailing help@justgiving.com and we can help him further.

I hope this helps.

Hi!

I'd love to hear what you think about the support you've received from the team here at JustGiving.

How would you rate the support you received?

Good, I'm satisfied

Bad, I'm unsatisfied

Hmm...