closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nomos Orion Weiss or Standard?

Nomos Orion Weiss or Standard?

My Orion Weiss is currently at Nomos being regulated under warranty. I asked about the possibility of replacing the silver hands with the heat blued ones. The service department have said they will do this but only if I also have the dial replaced with the standard Orion dial (gold indices). Anyone actually tried both versions of this watch and what is your opinion on one vs the other?

I really would prefer the blued hands but do prefer the silver batons rather than gold. I do like to wear the watch casually sometimes and not just as a dress watch but have never had a problem wearing the Weiss with a t-shirt and jeans (that last sentence is madness to 99.9% of the population but hopefully understandable in the context of the forum!).

Some photos from their website:

Last edited by Mr Tetley; 28th April 2022 at 15:07.

The 35mm Orion is the only watch I sold and bought again. At retail each time. I thought it would be easy to find a better three hander, it proved impossible for my taste.

The blue/gold one is the original and given that everything else about the watch is so right it’s not a great stretch to trust the designer on that point too.

Given the choice second time around, I stuck with gold/blue

Craftsman
    I had a gold/blue version which I sold last year, I think it's a bit more versatile than the white version which is an out and out dress watch. You can make it more casual with a change of strap.

They are both very dressy though I think.

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    The 35mm Orion is the only watch I sold and bought again. At retail each time. I thought it would be easy to find a better three hander, it proved impossible for my taste.

The blue/gold one is the original and given that everything else about the watch is so right it’s not a great stretch to trust the designer on that point too.

Given the choice second time around, I stuck with gold/blue
    I have also sold and bought the Orion again. Both times the Weiss version and have never owned the original. I really do like the clean design but also really like blued hands! I also think the original is more versatile despite being a dress watch. I think I’m swinging towards the swap. It’ll cost about £160 for the new dial and hands which isn’t too bad. Also, I might as well do it while the watch is with them and they have paid for all the shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    I have also sold and bought the Orion again. Both times the Weiss version and have never owned the original. I really do like the clean design but also really like blued hands! I also think the original is more versatile despite being a dress watch. I think I’m swinging towards the swap. It’ll cost about £160 for the new dial and hands which isn’t too bad. Also, I might as well do it while the watch is with them and they have paid for all the shipping.
    Since the start of the pandemic over 90% of my watch wearing has been an Apple watch and I can see that continuing. One of the reasons I went back to the Orion is that the idea of a "dress" watch as opposed to another mechanical is a bit of a dead duck for me.

The only space I have for a non smart watch is one for an; occasional, pure, wind and set mechanical. The Orion is the future and the end of my obsession.

Just received my Orion back from Nomos. I decided to go for the dial and hand swap and glad I did. It’s still a dressy watch but the blued hands and gold indices along with the velour strap make it a bit more casual. £170 total as the shipping was covered by Nomos. They also sent back my original dial and handset should I ever want to change back. Great service yet again from Nomos.

A lovely finish, and really good to hear about the great service from Nomos too