closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The unified Apple upgrade thread

Craftsman
    Not quite. They remove the higher spec phones from their stores and online completely, so if you want a specific model you have to buy the newest handset. It’s their standard model. The only way to get one any other way is via a reseller who has on the shelf stock. Apple still sell the lower spec older phones to make up a gap in the market and hold on to a few more customers who don’t want to pay the premium for the latest toy.
    I can’t recall of top of my head what phones they have scrapped but check Apple.com and you’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbarry View Post
    You can no longer buy that phone direct from Apple it is discontinued. It is now MORE than the equivalent iPhone 13 from resellers such as go compare. It’s just Apple wanting to sell the latest spec.
    Are you trying to say that the iPhone 12 costs more than the iPhone 13?

The original question was about the 12 Pro Max 256gb. Here it is on the first link I found on Google for £999. The equivalent spec 13 is £1,149. Old phone models don't go up in price, they go down.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Apple-i.../dp/B08L5RF15Y

Craftsman
    I’m just saying that on comparison sites it does yes.

Master
    Well I’ve got an iPhone 11 Pro Max (I think - it’s the big one) and based on the last few posts it’s worth bundles - I’m happy to sell it for £3,999 which is ‘what it owes me’ and ‘market value’ :-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Well I’ve got an iPhone 11 Pro Max (I think - it’s the big one) and based on the last few posts it’s worth bundles - I’m happy to sell it for £3,999 which is ‘what it owes me’ and ‘market value’ :-)
    Sarcasm is the lowest form

Master
    It’s called humour fella

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    It’s called humour fella
    Fair doos. Sorry if I took it the wrong way.

Craftsman
    If anyone is interested in going to a comparison site and looking at contract prices however you will see that some iPhone 12 pro costs are higher than the equivalent 13. I am but a messenger.

Master
    Fair doos. Sorry if I took it the wrong way.
    No worries, I was just joking as it seems everything is crazily going up in price lately, likes watches and especially cars.

After saying that I was happy with my iDevices I noticed that the iPad Mini 6 is due out soon, as I like the spec so much I didn't even bother to pull triggers or bite bullets, instead I just bought one (WiFi only) with an Apple pencil, smart folio and an extra power supply with Applecare on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    After saying that I was happy with my iDevices I noticed that the iPad Mini 6 is due out soon, as I like the spec so much I didn't even bother to pull triggers or bite bullets, instead I just bought one (WiFi only) with an Apple pencil, smart folio and an extra power supply with Applecare on top.
    Enjoy that bad boy in good health.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

If anyone is interested in going to a comparison site and looking at contract prices however you will see that some iPhone 12 pro costs are higher than the equivalent 13. I am but a messenger.
    That's just not how you price things... surely the lowest price available sets the market price? Anyway, if someone can find me a cheaper iPhone 13 pro max 256gb than the £999 handset I linked above, I'm all ears.

Craftsman
    I have no interest in the price to buy a phone outright. You then have to add 24 months of line rental on top. A contract works out miles cheaper over all then. Or for me it does any way.
    I merely pointed out that all of the comparison sites had put the iPhone 12 256gb UP buy £10 a month compared to the day before the 13 256gb was announced. You then conspired apples with donkeys.

Currently:

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    New one is 5G
    Many people will want that
    I can’t tell the diff if on WiFi so I won’t be swapping my 11 pro max for it

The 12 price will drop
    Of course so many will be selling theirs in the hope that they then don’t have to press up too much money to have the latest “must have”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12 Pro Max is also 5G, OP asked for reasons to upgrade/not to upgrade, this isn’t either.

SydR

The unified Apple upgrade thread

I buy all my iPhones SIM free and have a SIM only contract with my service provider.

The biggest factor in my upgrade decision is the cost to change. I’ve found selling phones a complete PIA , especially on eBay, so tend to sell to companies like Music Magpie so use those figures in the calculation.

In that way I’ve had every a phone from every new release in the past 5 years. This year may be the first I skip as I can’t see, yet, enough in the new phones to attract me. The main features are around the camera and Im more than happy with the 12 pro as a walk around, always with me, camera. If I’m actually going somewhere with the intention of photography I’ll take one of my DSLRs.
    Last edited by SydR; 19th September 2021 at 10:48.

This biggest clue that the 13 Pro isn't worth is it the 12 Pro was removed from sale instantly.

They did this with the iPad 3 too when the iPad 4 came out. The main change there was the 3 had a 30 pin charger and the 4 was lightening, both had Retina displays. That's reason is there isn't enough difference to pay for the 13 Pro over the 12 Pro.

Annoying as now I'll probably end up buying a 13 Pro for my dad now.

Craftsman
    Apple do that every single time they release a new model. It makes good sense for them as a business to only have to continue one production line, to push their most costly model, and to make a bigger differential between the latest and greatest and their next lowest offering so it looks a bigger leap than it is. The resellers soon empty their stock of the last model.
    Apple have also announced that under the right to repair laws they are allowing third party repairers to carry out repair work using genuine parts lager this year. About time!

I have no interest in the price to buy a phone outright. You then have to add 24 months of line rental on top. A contract works out miles cheaper over all then. Or for me it does any way.
    I merely pointed out that all of the comparison sites had put the iPhone 12 256gb UP buy £10 a month compared to the day before the 13 256gb was announced. You then conspired apples with donkeys.
    Sure - but as I've said from the start, the price of an iPhone 12 is lower than the 13, as previously demonstrated. What you're showing is the price of a sim contract at a random store on a random day. How you choose to finance your iPhone is your business (that's exactly what those plans are as I'm sure you'll agree), but the price of the phone has dropped.

Maybe take a look back at my original statement as I'm not sure what you're taking issue with... "Phone companies often do 'deals' on handset/sim combo's, and evidently over the period of time in question the 'deal' has ended. Nothing more to it than that, certainly iPhone 12 prices aren't going up."

Craftsman
    And if you search random retailers on a random day I’m sure you will find some one selling them outright where the 12 is more expensive. This is not a definitive list. So like I said apples and donkeys.

My only point from the start was that last week the iPhone 12 was cheaper than this week. That much I can assure you. Last week the one on the contract I outlined always £240 cheaper. And the purchase outride price was lower on uswitch than it is this week. Again not a definitive list of sellers. But still true.