closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Views on used Rolex

Master

Views on used Rolex

A friend recently sold his Porsche 964, and has come cash he'd like to spend on an an older Rolex.

He's found a couple of watches at a local Jeweller, on this page:

https://www.instagram.com/jamesjewellery1/

16803 @ £8995 about 2/3 down in the first colun
    16622 @ &8695 about 1/3 down, middle column.

They aren't an investment, but he doesn't want to lose money.

Both look ok to me, but I am no expert...

Thoughts welcome...
    Last edited by apm101; 14th September 2021 at 19:06.

Master
    Couldn’t look for long enough before it asked me to sign up/in.

Can you post screenshots?

How do prices compare to WF, C24, eBay - or our friend Haywood??

Master

Master
    Not sure whether the serti (?) dial on the Sub increases or decreases the value compared to a usual dial version. Would have thought it's possibly less easy to move on in due course.

The YM must be one of the least sought after professional models.

Do they have B&P? Any service history? Warranty?

I think you’d have a better chance of not losing money with this or similar:

https://www.miltonsdiamonds.com/watc...ial-2012-p8058
    Last edited by David_D; 14th September 2021 at 22:57.

Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    If resale was a big consideration for me I wouldn't buy either of those two models, I would only buy them if they were specifically what I was looking to add to my collection.

ETA: I'd look out for a SS Sub or GMT to pop up at Miltonaires.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by al1991 View Post
    If resale was a big consideration for me I wouldn't buy either of those two models, I would only buy them if they were specifically what I was looking to add to my collection.

ETA: I'd look out for a SS Sub or GMT to pop up at Miltonaires.
    Totally agree with above , the Two tone could be a bit loud and the YM is very much a plain Jane. In addition to Miltonaires he could also look at Blowers in Hull.

https://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/...iner-14060m-3/

£9K and they can't even get their punctuation or spelling correct.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    Lugs look a bit thin on the 16803 and a bit of a stretch calling it a limited edition, Rolex don't do LEs. As per others, better choices out there IMO.

Master
    Thanks all.

I will pass that on to him- chimes with my own views.

For my own purposes when in this position, I bought a 16610 from Milton's!

Journeyman

3x SS Submariners

Hi

If looking at pre-owned - I noted a fellah called Mungler on Pigeon Watch Forum (long time Member on there) had 3 SS subs for sale - 2x non-date and a date. Not 'full-set' but he has other provenance for them

No affiliation or interest (I have a 16610) but may provide additional food for thought.

L-K

sold my 16622 to a fellow forum member at around £6k a couple of months ago .. OP should be able to find one cheaper than the below :)

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    sold my 16622 to a fellow forum member at around £6k a couple of months ago .. OP should be able to find one cheaper than the below :)
    Yep. Buy from a trusted forum member with a history of positive references - especially if considering a Rolex and in my opinion stay away from any four digit Rolex unless you really know your stuff.

Master

Thanks for the link.

I was surprised to see that they have a selection of Anniversary subs for sale priced at £17,950. I had no idea that these had reached this sort of price.
    Last edited by johny; 21st September 2021 at 12:35.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    Thanks for the link.

I was surprised to see that they have a selection of Anniversary subs for sale priced at £17,950. I had no idea that these had reached this sort of price.
    Miltonaires do NOT have any such watches at that price. Were you confusing us with another website ?

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Said beauty is in my possession, thanks to Tommy and another member and is absolutely beautiful and criminally undervalued IMHO (especially in the outstanding condition it’s in)

As far as VFM, there’s maybe only the Milgauss to get near it currently but with the platinum bezel and insert, it feels more luxurious. The texture of the dial, the polished centre links and the overall case shape and profile mix a bit of shiny-bling with a “low profile”

I would strongly recommend trying one as they’ve surely got to get on “the bandwagon” sooner rather than later…..

NO it’s not for sale….

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Assuming you are referring to the various versions of the Submariner LV (green bezel, green dial, ceramic green bezel) then Miltonaires don't currently have any of those for sale......so a bit of a surprising statement. I check the website every day and I can't recall there having any such models at the price you have quoted. I did actually purchase a Submariner 16610LV from their Chester branch many moons ago.....it was at the time priced at £3000. They do have a Submariner 16610 for sale along with a 114060, a GMT and an Explorer II. I think the 16610 would be a good buy for anyone looking for a sturdy and reliable watch that will provide years of service.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Miltonaires do NOT have any such watches at that price. Were you confusing us with another website ?
    I quoted the wrong post. I was meaning to quote post number four and have removed your website details from my original post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woody74 View Post
    Assuming you are referring to the various versions of the Submariner LV (green bezel, green dial, ceramic green bezel) then Miltonaires don't currently have any of those for sale......so a bit of a surprising statement. I check the website every day and I can't recall there having any such models at the price you have quoted. I did actually purchase a Submariner 16610LV from their Chester branch many moons ago.....it was at the time priced at £3000. They do have a Submariner 16610 for sale along with a 114060, a GMT and an Explorer II. I think the 16610 would be a good buy for anyone looking for a sturdy and reliable watch that will provide years of service.
    See post number nineteen..
    Last edited by johny; 21st September 2021 at 12:34.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Not sure whether the serti (?) dial on the Sub increases or decreases the value compared to a usual dial version. Would have thought it's possibly less easy to move on in due course.

The YM must be one of the least sought after professional models.

Do they have B&P? Any service history? Warranty?

I think you’d have a better chance of not losing money with this or similar:

https://www.miltonsdiamonds.com/watc...ial-2012-p8058

Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Thanks for chipping in Haywood, I nearly pointed someone to the miltondiamonds website above, thinking it was yours.
    For all, it most certainly is not.