closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: When do I start making a fuss? - A resolution.

Threaded View

When do I start making a fuss? - A resolution.

October 2020, I buy a watch. The timekeeping is abominable, sometimes gaining time, sometimes losing almost a minute a day.

November 2020, I take it back to Fraser Hart, explain the issue, they return it to Bell & Ross. They quote a time of 12 weeks to have the watch back on my wrist.

February 2021, I give them a call, the watch hasn't yet been returned. The now well-worn Covid excuse is trotted out.

9th May 2021, I get the watch back. Timekeeping is still abominable, it has apparently been regulated but the issue was inconsistency, not the base level of accuracy.

Late May 2021, I again return the watch to Fraser Hart, explain that the regulation did not cure the problem, I would like the movement serviced properly. Again, quoted 12 weeks.

September, 2021, the 12 weeks was up a fortnight ago. I visited the shop to be told that they would send an email to Bell & Ross, I've heard nothing since.

I've owned this watch for 11 months and had zero pleasure in owning it, it has been in my possession less than two months and didn't function correctly at all during that time.

It's a basic three hander with an ETA 2824 inside, this doesn't take almost a year to sort out and I'm not buying the Covid excuse anymore.

Where do I stand in returning this watch? I have given Fraser Hart the opportunity to put it right, which didn't happen. I have given them a second opportunity to put it right and so far as I can discern, nothing has happened.

Can I return a watch that I'm not even in possession of? The manufacturer has it and will be returning it to the retailer, so can I reasonably expect to return an empty box to them and get my money back?
    Last edited by Papa Hotel; 17th September 2021 at 17:48.