closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dubious decisions, justifications & reassurance

Dubious decisions, justifications & reassurance

Ok I am going to open this up because I am busy talking myself into the the first, and am looking for the second and also seeking the third. I may have enough in the tank to generate the justifications but the odd friendly pat on the back may help consolidate my shaky reasoning. I may have to float the Dubious Decisions past SWMBO, but if I get to the point of a fait accompli, I might just slip past almost under the radar.

Just before The Covid hit us I had managed to negotiate myself back onto a motorcycle, and bought a lovely red Ducati Monster 821. I promptly bought carbon fibre and bits for it as a form of worship, as one does. I am very pleased I have it. However, I have slightly creaky knees and a neck that causes me a bit of misery from time to time, so I am thinking hard about adjusting to a Ducati 950 Multistrada (has to be red) next year. I am working on the justification that it would be better for me in my advancing years, and selling the pretty Monster will make another person happy as it is adorned with lovely hoses, carbon fibre, wind deflector and a boomy pipe.

Next I am thinking I would like a new watch possibly @ £2500 wish, for this I can sell a couple of Samsung phones, a Bose SoundWave pedestal, a Tissot, a Speedbird GMT, and a Sewills Arc Royal, and if I am lucky a neurothesiometer. I might even raise a few more pounds if I can sell a couple of nice bits of schmutter like a Hackett tweed jacket. hopefully you are fully supportive of this notion, I just need a couple of ideas of what watch might fit in that price range. I am not big on divers watches or ones with too many buttons but am open to suggestions, either new or used (this is the reassurance area), I would be happy for wiser heads than mine to chip in. Do you think the wife would notice new bike if it is red again, or another watch if I ease out ones I already have?
    And that is my current state. Anyone else out there with similar or more interesting Dubious Decisions, trying to justify and needing reassurance?

You only live once, go for it. Better to regret things you have done, than things you haven’t. Oh, and Omega for the watch…

I was thinking Grand Seiko, she’ll think it’s only a cheap Seiko if she does recognise it as new.

Multistranda or Monster? How about a Hyoermotard?

Either way, as the kids say, YOLO!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I was thinking Grand Seiko, she’ll think it’s only a cheap Seiko if she does recognise it as new.

Well they did in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MattMM View Post
    You only live once, go for it. Better to regret things you have done, than things you haven’t. Oh, and Omega for the watch…
    cheers, Omega, I like. Quite fancy the co axial bit ever since I heard about George Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Well they did in 2011
    haha ... I like the Seiko idea here. My father bought me a Seiko 5 in 1972. It still runs fine too. I could be a contender as I miss my Dad, and he would have liked the Seiko

Red face

Hypermotard probably a bit like a razor for my old arse, comfort and a good fuel range for me I think

Master
    How old are you if I may be so bold?

Craftsman
    More importantly what size are you ha ha I like the idea of a Hackett tweed jacket :)

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    How old are you if I may be so bold?
    currently approaching my 62nd time around the Sun

Quote Originally Posted by tintin View Post
    More importantly what size are you ha ha I like the idea of a Hackett tweed jacket :)
    just checked... it is 42 Regular... I moved up to 46-47 after a decade of kettlebells, butter, alcohol, and general whatnot..... I loosely call it heft

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by toezapper View Post
    One life, live it. And Omega.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    One life, live it. And Omega.
    Thank you ... feeling much happier about bike & watch. Will now have a look at the Omega range
    Last edited by toezapper; 14th September 2021 at 08:54. Reason: spelling

Master
    5 years older than me, still a youngster then!

I was going down a similar route, but this summer ended up buying a Honda Fireblade!

If I've learnt one thing it's not to worry too much about what others think and do what makes you happy (within reason of course!).

So if what you have written is what you want to do, go for it - YOLO as my son would say

Hypermotard probably a bit like a razor for my old arse, comfort and a good fuel range for me I think
    Hypers are really good - I have an old 1100S which has done 40k miles now. Yes the seat isn't that comfortable & no you don't get a lot of wind protection but for 50 mile mix of A roads, town etc. it is brilliant and it is OK on Motorways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Well they did in 2011
    So if what you have written is what you want to do, go for it - YOLO as my son would say
    Not since 2011 apparently!

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Hypers are really good - I have an old 1100S which has done 40k miles now. Yes the seat isn't that comfortable & no you don't get a lot of wind protection but for 50 mile mix of A roads, town etc. it is brilliant and it is OK on Motorways.
    I like the look of the Hyper but I do want to go for a bit longer bimbles on it, so the Strada I think. I had one of the original ones and really liked the position and was as lively as I could cope with

Talking

I was going down a similar route, but this summer ended up buying a Honda Fireblade!

If I've learnt one thing it's not to worry too much about what others think and do what makes you happy (within reason of course!).

Wheels are now in motion

- - - Updated - - -

Wheels are no in motion
    Last edited by toezapper; 14th September 2021 at 20:29. Reason: missing letter

Master
    Not since 2011 apparently!
    My son has definitely used the term since 2011 (he would have been 4), but TBH he's probably just taking the piss as usual 🤣

- - - Updated - - -

Wheels are now in motion
    Good man