closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stolen Rolex - where to register?

Craftsman

Stolen Rolex - where to register?

One of those depressing threads I'm afraid. Friend of mine was mugged at knife point in SW London on Saturday evening and was relieved of his Rolex Datejust. Police have been notified, but I/he not sure what is the best process for getting it put on a register or for that matter what register it should go on to give him the best chance of recovery, should it ever surface, so if you have any suggestions....(@Haywood if you see this?). As with many of these things....it has huge sentimental value.

In the meantime, I thought I would put the details on here just in case someone comes across it:

Rolex 116200 Steel Silver Datejust Oyster Perpetual
    M551920

Realise it's a very long shot, but any help much appreciated.

thanks all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    One of those depressing threads I'm afraid. Friend of mine was mugged at knife point in SW London on Saturday evening and was relieved of his Rolex Datejust. Police have been notified, but I/he not sure what is the best process for getting it put on a register or for that matter what register it should go on to give him the best chance of recovery, should it ever surface, so if you have any suggestions....(@Haywood if you see this?). As with many of these things....it has huge sentimental value.

In the meantime, I thought I would put the details on here just in case someone comes across it:

Rolex 116200 Steel Silver Datejust Oyster Perpetual
    M551920

Realise it's a very long shot, but any help much appreciated.

thanks all.
    Sorry to read about this. Happening too often.

From a relevant thread:

Sorry to hear of your friends loss.

I suggest you report them on the link below and also give Rolex a call in the morning where you can report them via email.

https://www.thewatchregister.com/

From HM
    Very much this. You will need all the relevant details --- model reference, unique case number, dial and bracelet options if known, crime reference number, police station, officer and contact details, details of loss / theft, whether insured or not, etc . . . It can pay to collate all this information before you make contact, or you'll be frustrated going backwards and forwards.

Then yes, I would also be glad of the information, as I'm sure would the rest of the forum in the Lost & Found section.

It's worth making every effort, as stolen watches whose numbers are recorded / circulated DO often enough turn up, sometimes quickly and sometimes years later.

H

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    From a relevant thread:

Sorry to hear of your friends loss.

I suggest you report them on the link below and also give Rolex a call in the morning where you can report them via email.

https://www.thewatchregister.com/

From HM
    Very much this. You will need all the relevant details --- model reference, unique case number, dial and bracelet options if known, crime reference number, police station, officer and contact details, details of loss / theft, whether insured or not, etc . . . It can pay to collate all this information before you make contact, or you'll be frustrated going backwards and forwards.

Then yes, I would also be glad of the information, as I'm sure would the rest of the forum in the Lost & Found section.

It's worth making every effort, as stolen watches whose numbers are recorded / circulated DO often enough turn up, sometimes quickly and sometimes years later.

H
    Brilliant, thanks for that, very helpful response.

Sorry to hear about the theft, where abouts in SW London was it?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the theft, where abouts in SW London was it?
    Next to Tooting Bec Common.

It was a drive-by. 4 guys decamped, surround my friend as he was walking home, one with a knife to his chest (he has a cut now above is heart) whilst one of them frisked him, one of them took his watch and the fourth sat in the car ready to move off. The whole thing took seconds and very "pro". It would appear that they had already done the same to someone else in Clapham ten minutes earlier.
    Last edited by Rich; 13th September 2021 at 20:15.

Sorry to hear this.

I read about a similar mugging in Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham. A car pulled up alongside a pedestrian for his watch and where the passengers got out and back in, in what seemed like seconds.

Thanks for the detail, I’m in SW London which is why I asked. Your friend must have been very shaken, I hope he’s ok.

Master
    The guys have covered it above, but also add the details to the Lost and Found sub-forum here (and any similar sub-fora on other watch chat-rooms).

A number of stolen watches do turn up, sometimes quickly and sometimes years later, but very commonly success follows the greatest effort to circulate the case number as widely as possible.

H

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    The guys have covered it above, but also add the details to the Lost and Found sub-forum here (and any similar sub-fora on other watch chat-rooms).

A number of stolen watches do turn up, sometimes quickly and sometimes years later, but very commonly success follows the greatest effort to circulate the case number as widely as possible.

H
    thanks Haywood, have put a post in Lost and Found section and am spreading the serial number as far and wide as I can, so thank you for your input and fingers crossed it turns up at some stage in the future.....and if nothing else make it as "hot" as possible.

Journeyman
    Hearing stories like this makes me reluctant to walk around London with any Rolex, even my relatively discrete 2002 Sea Dweller!

Quote Originally Posted by 25807st View Post
    Hearing stories like this makes me reluctant to walk around London with any Rolex, even my relatively discrete 2002 Sea Dweller!
    Okaaay.