closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: In need of 50p's for birthday gift!

In need of 50p's for birthday gift!

My wife is notoriously hard to buy for and whenever prompted gives the standard 'I don't want anything' when asked about birthday gifts.

She has a birthday coming up and as per normal, I'm at a loss - at least I think I am!

She seems to have taken an interest in coin collecting and I've supplied her with some books in which to collect - she tends just to rifle through any change given, in order to complete said books. It'd be grand if she could fill in some gaps - and I'm thinking some deftly wrapped 50p's would make for good presents.

I'd be super grateful if anyone has and can send any of the missing pieces we're looking for - obviously I'd pay any costs (I don't *think* any are rare and command a premium, but I'm no expert) and I'd also donate healthily to the fundraiser.

Anyhoo, I thought I'd ask, does anyone have any of these rattling around in their wallet:

2017 Sir Isaac Newton
    2018 Peter Rabbit
    2018 Paddington At The Station
    2018 The Snowman
    2019 The Gruffalo
    2004 Four Minute Mile
    2006 Victoria Cross Medal
    2009 Kew Gardens
    2011 WWF
    2013 Benjamin Britten
    2016 Battle of Hastings
    2016 Beatrix Potter
    2015 Battle of Britain

It looks a lot, but these are the only missing ones from a collection of 45. Pics below for reference.

Craftsman
    I love those albums and wholeheartedly recommend you get the £2 one as well.

Going through the 50p's in the shop, I have a Victoria Cross medals you can have and I definitely have duplicates of the four minute mile, Paddington at the station, and the last five, but I will double check after work.

Good luck with the rare ones, never seen a Gruffalo in the wild (pun intended), nor a Snowman and only once a Kew Gardens and that disappeared into one of the Staff's pockets in double quick time.

2009 Kew Gardens absolutely commands a premium.

2011 WWF also has a premium, but nowhere near that of the above.

It might be worth visiting a bank, ask for £x pounds in 50p pieces. Work through what you get, and pay the rest back in. Other than that, can't help on this occasion.

Thanks Nick & Sean - we have the £2 album too, but I thought I'd save that one for next year, lol.

I'll take a look at those that might have a premium - I have zero knowledge of these things!

Journeyman
    Kew gardens 50p,s sell for £100+

Quote Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
    Kew gardens 50p,s sell for £100+
    Wowsers... Maybe that one will remain as a gap in her album!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RickChard View Post
    Wowsers... Maybe that one will remain as a gap in her album!
    They can be obtained for as little as £80-ish on eBay from what I can see. How much do you love her? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    They can be obtained for as little as £80-ish on eBay from what I can see. How much do you love her? ;-)
    One could deduce not that much, considering I'm buying her 50 pence pieces...

:P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RickChard View Post
    One could deduce not that much, considering I'm buying her 50 pence pieces...
    LOL

Craftsman
    Okay, had a quick flick through the 50p bag, I can send you a Victoria Cross, a Paddington at the station, a Beatrix Potter, a Benjamin Britten, a Battle of Hastings and a 4 minute mile. I thought I had dups of the WWF and the Battle of Britain, but as yet, I can't find them. If you DM your address, I'll pop them in the post tomorrow.

Coin checker is a good resourse for potential values, but the same with everything: scarcity, condition and what someone is prepared to pay are key.

Master
    Do you have the very rare dual co-axial 50p coin ?

I’ve just recently started re-collecting 50p coins, I say re as I did have a collection kept in the kitchen cupboard which I neglected for a while.

Came back to it last week only to find that as I hadn’t touched it for quite some time the wife decided that they could go into the loose change pot and be spent

Think I’ve got a total of 4