closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gap insurance

Master

Gap insurance

Hi... I am due to get my new car in a week or so. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced Gap insurance supplier please.
    Rob

ala.co.uk is all you need.

Journeyman
    … and MSE25 too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    ala.co.uk is all you need.
    And if you use these guys have a hunt around for a discount code. I’ve taken out (and moved) several gap insurance policies with Ala across multiple cars. They’re very flexible when you’re a serial car flipper

Journeyman
    That’s the 25% discount code… best I could find

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeeboy View Post
    That’s the 25% discount code… best I could find

So it is. I misread that as another gap provider.

Master
    What about the dealer? When I rejected there gap insurance a couple of weeks ago they upped my part ex value by £500 so it was only £116 in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Interested to know how many people have actually benefited from taking out GAP insurance. Heavily pushed by dealers which make me sceptical.

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    What about the dealer? When I rejected there gap insurance a couple of weeks ago they upped my part ex value by £500 so it was only £116 in the end.
    The last time I rejected it the dealer chucked it in for free as their kick-back was so lucrative.

Gap insurance

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    The local Ford dealer offered it to my daughter at cost which they said was £120. Whether they’re making a small profit in that or not, I don’t know but suspect they see.

Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    Interested to know how many people have actually benefited from taking out GAP insurance. Heavily pushed by dealers which make me sceptical.
    One of my other daughters ex boyfriends crashed his car near to the end of his and got paid out in full. I think it’s a pretty rare occurrence though.

The dealers will be pushing it because of commission, the providers are no doubt providing good commissions because it’s profitable hit them to do so.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post

Like all insurance only take it if it’s mandatory or you don’t want to shoulder the risk yourselves.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryboy View Post
    Hi... I am due to get my new car in a week or so. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced Gap insurance supplier please.
    Rob
    Check with your current car insurer to see if they provide new for old in the first year of a new car many do, ours did and we deferred the start of our gap policy effectively giving a extra year foc. But we had to buy the policy around the time of purchase and defer the start date.

Also if the car is a pre-reg making you the second owner many car insurance policy’s won’t provide the new for old cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    The last time I rejected it the dealer chucked it in for free as their kick-back was so lucrative.
    The salesperson will have just taken the gap cost out of the car price because you weren't getting a great deal and there was still loads of margin left on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The salesperson will have just taken the gap cost out of the car price because you weren't getting a great deal and there was still loads of margin left on the table.
    Of course. How else would it be paid for? Did you think I thought I was getting it out of the goodness of his heart?

I got 23% off list for that car, so I wasn’t going to carp.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Of course. How else would it be paid for? Did you think I thought I was getting it out of the goodness of his heart?

I got 23% off list for that car, so I wasn’t going to carp.
    Yep, one of those sad instances where what comes out of each bucket matters more than the total amount of discount given.

Same happens everywhere. It's the new way.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Yep, one of those sad instances where what comes out of each bucket matters more than the total amount of discount given. Same happens everywhere. It's the new way.
    To be fair to the salesman, he was completely candid about the how and why of it.