closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 209

Thread: Doxa- Frog - Seestern

  1. #151
    Craftsman trott3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    greater manchester UK
    Posts
    641
    another person here with the faulty batch email.
    Took the tenner off and a rubber strap for the delay and stuck with the order.

    It will be interesting to see how quick they turn this around.

  2. #152

    Doxa- Frog - Seestern

    So all sized for the frog and on wrist

    Itís a nice thing
    Though j canít see the date as my eyes are poo


    Iíve got a seestern too to size snd try
    They clearly are out of the same factory

    I think the baby blue dial looks lovely on both so may sell this and get the blue or just keep them for autumn spring lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sweepinghand; 10th October 2021 at 17:50.

  3. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Haha, I have bought the yellow and and have been wondering whether I should have gotten the one you have!



    Maranez

  4. #154
    Tbh other than the colour of the dials they all appear pretty much the same

    The seestern I have needs sizing but next to the frog itís pretty much the same other than the dial

    All the huff about the bezel on frog doesnít worry me - i donít even paddle since almost drowning in a freak accident a couple of years ago

    So for the monies - Iíd not go over about 130

    Would I buy a doxa ? Maybe - but they just donít look great value having watched the review with JOMW


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    I bought an orange Tactical Frog after a WTB, as I'd always fancied a Doxa but didn't want to find I'd shelled out for something I didn't actually get on with. Having had it on the wrist for a week and been very happy with its dimensions and appearance, it's confirmed my view that I'd very much like a classic orange Doxa, so much so that I'll be ordering one from Jura next month.

    I'll be putting the 'Frog on Sales Corner at the weekend. It has served its purpose and I hope it'll be appreciated by its next owner.

    Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves
    one of the reasons why Rolxx doesn't eagerly try to eliminate those factories in China

  6. #156
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,559
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    From the same company, is this a bit too close for comfort to be a "homage"?
    Even so it's not exactly a cheapie at £565.

    https://seesternwatches.com/shop/ols...p3NsO3GodKSA7Y
    Hruodland have been doing this style of watch for a year or so now for sub £200

    https://wrwatches.com/collections/hr...onze-big-pilot

    and various Ali shops

    If you look around there are some nice 'fumee' style dials too.

  7. #157
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,196
    For those who missed the Seestern.

    Watchdives have the V2 frog available from today.

    No frog text on the dial and the bezel has been sorted too.

  8. #158
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    26,323
    I've often fancied an orange Doxa having read most of the old Cussler books and after seeing the praise for the Seesterns on here I wanted to see one in the flesh.

    I damn well knew that when a watch pal of mine I haven't seen for a few weeks turned up at home yesterday he'd have one on.

    He'd only had it three days but when I was pleasantly surprised by the build and finish quality my Mrs managed to wrestle it from him for my birthday later in the month.

    He's ordering the blue one now.

    Very nice pieces at an incredible price.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  9. #159
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Penicuik, Midlothian, Scotland
    Posts
    3,775
    What have peoples' experiences of ordering the Seestern from china ?
    I ordered a yellow dial from Ali Express on the 27th Sep. I got a card through
    the letterbox a few days ago with a customs charge of £61.61 to be paid before
    they'll deliver it. The cost of the watch was £134.65 Ali Express added on VAT of £29.93
    Can't help but think I'm being ripped off here.

    maseman

  10. #160
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    6,582
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    What have peoples' experiences of ordering the Seestern from china ?
    I ordered a yellow dial from Ali Express on the 27th Sep. I got a card through
    the letterbox a few days ago with a customs charge of £61.61 to be paid before
    they'll deliver it. The cost of the watch was £134.65 Ali Express added on VAT of £29.93
    Can't help but think I'm being ripped off here.

    maseman
    I ordered mine from ailexpress- I think it was £151 - Royal Mail delivered and there was no charge

  11. #161
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    What have peoples' experiences of ordering the Seestern from china ?
    I ordered a yellow dial from Ali Express on the 27th Sep. I got a card through
    the letterbox a few days ago with a customs charge of £61.61 to be paid before
    they'll deliver it. The cost of the watch was £134.65 Ali Express added on VAT of £29.93
    Can't help but think I'm being ripped off here.

    maseman
    If you've paid the vat on the order with AliExpress you shouldn't be being charged again. Have you tracked the order through AliExpress to make sure it's for the seestern and not something else?

  12. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoSevenNine View Post
    For those who missed the Seestern.

    Watchdives have the V2 frog available from today.

    No frog text on the dial and the bezel has been sorted too.
    Also throw your a ten dollar voucher on entrance to site


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #163
    Also there will be an 11.11 Ali express sale Iím sure


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #164
    Grand Master markrlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    25,350
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    What have peoples' experiences of ordering the Seestern from china ?
    I ordered a yellow dial from Ali Express on the 27th Sep. I got a card through
    the letterbox a few days ago with a customs charge of £61.61 to be paid before
    they'll deliver it. The cost of the watch was £134.65 Ali Express added on VAT of £29.93
    Can't help but think I'm being ripped off here.
    Sounds like either Ali Express or UK Border Force made a mistake.

    If Ali Express prepaid the VAT then there shouldn't have ben anything else to pay on coming into the UK.

    You have two options: Either (1) do not pay and it will eventually be returned and (hopefully) you'll eventually get your money back or (2) pay and then reclaim the over-payment from Border Force. To do this you'll need evidence of what the item really is and that you prepaid VAT.

    The £61.61 charge seems a bit much (even taking the RM/Parcelforce fee into account). It is possible that Border Force have not only charged import VAT when they should not have done but also charged Customs Duty (perhaps because they got the tariff category wrong). This happened to me in the past. They refunded me with no problems when I sent them the necessary info.

    I really wish that foreign companies would not sign up to the UK's VAT prepayment scheme. It just makes things more complicated, not less.

  15. #165
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Penicuik, Midlothian, Scotland
    Posts
    3,775
    Picked the watch up today, Ali express have put the wrong amount in USD on the customs label $365.80 instead of $178.84

    This is going to be fun - NOT !!!

    maseman


    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Sounds like either Ali Express or UK Border Force made a mistake.

    If Ali Express prepaid the VAT then there shouldn't have ben anything else to pay on coming into the UK.

    You have two options: Either (1) do not pay and it will eventually be returned and (hopefully) you'll eventually get your money back or (2) pay and then reclaim the over-payment from Border Force. To do this you'll need evidence of what the item really is and that you prepaid VAT.

    The £61.61 charge seems a bit much (even taking the RM/Parcelforce fee into account). It is possible that Border Force have not only charged import VAT when they should not have done but also charged Customs Duty (perhaps because they got the tariff category wrong). This happened to me in the past. They refunded me with no problems when I sent them the necessary info.

    I really wish that foreign companies would not sign up to the UK's VAT prepayment scheme. It just makes things more complicated, not less.

  16. #166
    Grand Master markrlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    25,350
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    Picked the watch up today, Ali express have put the wrong amount in USD on the customs label $365.80 instead of $178.84

    This is going to be fun - NOT !!!
    That's actually good, I think! It's a clear and simple error that you can correct by sending proof of how much you actually paid (including prepaid VAT) to HMRC/Border Force. Don't throw away any packaging or labels!

    The form you want is BOR286 I think: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...by-post-bor286

    It's really not a terrible grind. I've claimed for overpayment errors on a couple of occasions and where the error is clear, such as this one, they just pay up.

  17. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post

    I really wish that foreign companies would not sign up to the UK's VAT prepayment scheme. It just makes things more complicated, not less.
    If they do pre-pay the VAT does the courier still charge their £10 or whatever fee?

  18. #168
    Grand Master markrlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    25,350
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    If they do pre-pay the VAT does the courier still charge their £10 or whatever fee?
    No. If the prepayment is correctly calculated and documented then there should be nothing more for the courier to do or to pay on the recipient's behalf and so the courier won't charge anything.

    BUT... where there's a cockup like this one then obviously the courier will have charged a fee. And even though maseman should be able to get his entire tax/duty overpayment back from Border Force there is no simple route that I know of to getting the courier's fee refunded. I suppose from the courier's perspective they would say that they had to do the work of holding the package anyway.

  19. #169
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Penicuik, Midlothian, Scotland
    Posts
    3,775
    Thanks Mark,
    I'll give that a go.

    Cheers,
    maseman


    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    That's actually good, I think! It's a clear and simple error that you can correct by sending proof of how much you actually paid (including prepaid VAT) to HMRC/Border Force. Don't throw away any packaging or labels!

    The form you want is BOR286 I think: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...by-post-bor286

    It's really not a terrible grind. I've claimed for overpayment errors on a couple of occasions and where the error is clear, such as this one, they just pay up.

  20. #170
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,534
    Definitely a step up from The Frog:

    Hi

  21. #171
    Craftsman trott3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    greater manchester UK
    Posts
    641
    Got my seestern orange on friday and I am generally liking it.

    Love the very comfortable beads of rice? bracelet.
    Very much like the seiko jubilee in the way it hugs your wrist.
    Not so great is a snap shut clasp - i would of preferred the orient mako press the 2 plungers? method.

    The hands are a bit indistinct at the end with not sharp enough edges not helped with the large amount of black on them.

    Still great value for me as i bought from the seestern site i didnt have to mess with customs.

  22. #172

    Doxa- Frog - Seestern

    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    Got my seestern orange on friday and I am generally liking it.

    Love the very comfortable beads of rice? bracelet.
    Very much like the seiko jubilee in the way it hugs your wrist.
    Not so great is a snap shut clasp - i would of preferred the orient mako press the 2 plungers? method.

    The hands are a bit indistinct at the end with not sharp enough edges not helped with the large amount of black on them.

    Still great value for me as i bought from the seestern site i didnt have to mess with customs.
    Mine arrived yesterday and it took a week via Chinese Post, arriving safely by Hermes yesterday.

    It is a very comfortable bracelet, although the pins on mine were quite tight and needed a bit of effort to resize. The lume is very good once the sun has been on it and the lumed date wheel and bezel dot are a nice touch.

    I have always loved the Doxa retro look and this is an affordable homage that I think is excellent value for money.

    Ií would definitely look to save up and buy a Doxa in the future and it is nice to see a homage (for once) that is not a submariner or seiko.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by messym; 17th November 2021 at 17:40.

  23. #173
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    1,438
    Has anyone that has ordered direct from Seestern discovered an effeictive way of tracking the parcel? The instructions they give you for the 4px website are garbage and my usual Universal Parcel Tracking sites dont yield much information either.

    Cheers

  24. #174
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,534
    Iím not wearing my black dial model so will let it go if anyoneís interested:

    hd pic upload

  25. #175
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Fleet
    Posts
    240

    Doxa

    Ive not had the pleasure of owning a Doxa as yet but seriously considering adding one to my collection at some point in the future.

  26. #176
    Master Kaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Grindsted, Danmark
    Posts
    1,302
    After the initial excitement there seems to be a trend forming of people wanting to sell them again. Is there a reason?

  27. #177
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    After the initial excitement there seems to be a trend forming of people wanting to sell them again. Is there a reason?
    I think the same happened with WMT watches when they were first released. They are a bit of fun and not much else. Easy come, easy go.

  28. #178
    Master Ruggertech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    5,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    After the initial excitement there seems to be a trend forming of people wanting to sell them again. Is there a reason?
    I think it's mainly that people buy them as a cheap way of seeing what they think of a Doxa on their wrist. Especially as they can then be sold on and only lose the postage.

  29. #179
    Master Kaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Grindsted, Danmark
    Posts
    1,302
    Okay. I get that. Just ordered a Frog (version 2). :)

  30. #180
    Master Ruggertech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    5,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    Okay. I get that. Just ordered a Frog (version 2). :)
    Nice, and they're pretty cool aswell, getting very tempted myself.

  31. #181
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,534
    I would sell purely because I bought three new watches at the same time and one was always going to be sold.

    Itís a great watch to be honest but Iím more into bigger watches at the moment hence keeping the 44mm Nav-b and 45 Bulova Lunar Pilot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    After the initial excitement there seems to be a trend forming of people wanting to sell them again. Is there a reason?

  32. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    After the initial excitement there seems to be a trend forming of people wanting to sell them again. Is there a reason?
    Cheap watches bit of fun, good to try out if you want a Doxa but donít want a 2k mistake. Bit like Steeldive

  33. #183
    Master Kaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Grindsted, Danmark
    Posts
    1,302
    Yes I fancy a bit of colour for a change. Ordered the orange version. Must be a mid life thing. :)

  34. #184
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Iím not wearing my black dial model so will let it go if anyoneís interested:

    hd pic upload
    Is this the V2?

  35. #185
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,534
    I donít know the difference but as I only ordered it a couple of weeks ago I assume itís a V2.

    Quote Originally Posted by neilF183 View Post
    Is this the V2?

  36. #186
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    1,438
    Lume pip means itís a V2 as far as I know. Bezel is also much thinner on a V2.

  37. #187
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra View Post
    Has anyone that has ordered direct from Seestern discovered an effeictive way of tracking the parcel? The instructions they give you for the 4px website are garbage and my usual Universal Parcel Tracking sites dont yield much information either.

    Cheers
    Use 17track select 4px mine came to the usa in 2 weeks $165 $15 black friday sale no tax or shipping.

    Solid keeper watch.

  38. #188
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjcdas View Post
    Use 17track select 4px mine came to the usa in 2 weeks $165 $15 black friday sale no tax or shipping.

    Solid keeper watch.

    Cheers. Im using the 4px tracking site but the status hasnt changed since I bought the watch which was nearly 1 week ago. Ive contacted Seestern who have said I just need to be patient ha ha

  39. #189
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra View Post
    Cheers. Im using the 4px tracking site but the status hasnt changed since I bought the watch which was nearly 1 week ago. Ive contacted Seestern who have said I just need to be patient ha ha
    It can take a while.
    The tracking number they give you (ending in GB) is the royal mail tracking number. This only becomes active once the package hits the RM systems. This will be after a lengthy journey from China and through UK customs which is apparently a nightmare at the best of times but with covid, brexit and xmas is even worse.
    Rest assured it will, barring unforeseen calamities, eventually show up on the tracker and then arrive a day or two later.
    I ordered one for my wife to give me for xmas back at the start of November and it arrived last week.

  40. #190
    Master RLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,788
    Shipping does seem hit and miss. Mine arrived in ten days but was delivered by Yodel.

    As an aside I was all for buying a new Doxa, but having had a few variants in the past both vintage and modern, I wanted to remind myself why I kept selling them before parting with the best part of £2k. For the outlay, these Seesterns are excellent to the point where I have shelved plans for a Doxa. May grab one if one appears for a decent price on SC but Iím suitably impressed with the quality of this ďimposterĒ.

  41. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    After the initial excitement there seems to be a trend forming of people wanting to sell them again. Is there a reason?
    They're relatively inexpensive and a colourful bit of fun, I bought a teal dialed Seestern, sold it and will probably buy the yellow version after the New Year.

  42. #192
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    It can take a while.
    The tracking number they give you (ending in GB) is the royal mail tracking number. This only becomes active once the package hits the RM systems. This will be after a lengthy journey from China and through UK customs which is apparently a nightmare at the best of times but with covid, brexit and xmas is even worse.
    Rest assured it will, barring unforeseen calamities, eventually show up on the tracker and then arrive a day or two later.
    I ordered one for my wife to give me for xmas back at the start of November and it arrived last week.
    Cheers for the insight. Strangely my tracking number doesnít have GB at the end despite me being in the UK.

    If I track via 4pm it says nothing other than that they have received the watch and that itís been received by them. I placed the order 1 week ago now.

    If I track via Universal Parcel Tracker it does appear that Yodel will be the courier in the UK but again there is zero information.


    Iíll just have to be patient.

  43. #193
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    Shipping does seem hit and miss. Mine arrived in ten days but was delivered by Yodel.

    As an aside I was all for buying a new Doxa, but having had a few variants in the past both vintage and modern, I wanted to remind myself why I kept selling them before parting with the best part of £2k. For the outlay, these Seesterns are excellent to the point where I have shelved plans for a Doxa. May grab one if one appears for a decent price on SC but I’m suitably impressed with the quality of this “imposter”.

    I’ve eyed Doxa Sub 300s from afar for years but have never been quite sure. This will be a nice experiment!

  44. #194
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sheffield - England
    Posts
    1,545
    I bought mine to decide whether I liked it enough to buy a Doxa and decided it wasn't and have just bought a new Breitling SuperOcean 44 in yellow instead which I think is a much better watch for about the same price.
    I now just use the Seestern when I'm working on the tools.

  45. #195
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra View Post
    Cheers for the insight. Strangely my tracking number doesnít have GB at the end despite me being in the UK.

    If I track via 4pm it says nothing other than that they have received the watch and that itís been received by them. I placed the order 1 week ago now.

    If I track via Universal Parcel Tracker it does appear that Yodel will be the courier in the UK but again there is zero information.


    Iíll just have to be patient.
    Ahh I'd assumed they used RMSD all the time when they probably pick whatever carrier is cheapest on the day. I'm sure it'll be the same though, lots of waiting then a flurry of e-mails and arrival within a day or two. Good luck and I hope yours arrives soon.

  46. #196
    I have a brand new unworn orange dial seestern V2 that's surplus to requirements, if anyone is interested drop me a PM.

  47. #197
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    1,438
    12 days since I had the notification email stating the watch had been shipped.

    Still no update on the tracking website they told me to use. Ive e mailed them again to enquire as to why there has been absolutely no movement on the tracking site.

  48. #198
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    1,438
    The watch turned up after about 3 weeks.

    Great bit of kit for the price. I sold it and now have a Doxa Sub 300 on my wrist :-)

  49. #199
    Pulling into the house.


  50. #200
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    26,323
    After wearing my orange version a few times I've come to the conclusion that the hour hand is far too small for me.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information