closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Covid employment advice

Blog Entries

Covid employment advice

hi, will try to keep this short, im positive and have to self isplate for ten days.
    my girlfriend works part time in retail, she has told her boss that she dont feel well and is going to self isolate.
    he said come in, your behind a screen!
    advice please.

Master
    She has to isolate 10 days from your positive test. Legal obligation I think. Call 119

- - - Updated - - -

She has to isolate 10 days from your positive test. Legal obligation I think. Call 119 for more info

Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post
    She has to isolate 10 days from your positive test. Legal obligation I think. Call 119

- - - Updated - - -

She has to isolate 10 days from your positive test. Legal obligation I think. Call 119 for more info
    Not if she's fully vaccinated or under 18.5 yo.

Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Only if she is not double vaccinated or has a positive test herself.

Get a lateral flow asap and book in for a PCR, if positive, she can stay home

Legally she doesn't have to isolate but if she doesn't feel well abd you are positive it isn't difficult to put 2 and 2 together and work out what may be going on. She should get tested IMHO.

Hope you get better soon btw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Legally she doesn't have to isolate but if she doesn't feel well abd you are positive it isn't difficult to put 2 and 2 together and work out what may be going on. She should get tested IMHO.

cheers, feels like the flu of all flues, and evil stuff comming out of my throat.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Agreed, not sure what it is like around the country but I had to get tested the other week (was negative) and the result came back within 12 hours. I was very impressed with the turn around. Seems the best approach as potentially avoids / reduces and disagreements with work.

Her employer is wrong, it is his responsibility to carry out a risk assessment and ensure that he is taking all precautions possible, this was Boris’s cop out rather than tell people what to do.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    cheers, feels like the flu of all flues, and evil stuff comming out of my throat.
    I also tested positive last week. This is what it was like for me for two days. Then it's been more like a bad head cold. I've also lost my sense of taste and smell.

cheers, feels like the flu of all flues, and evil stuff coming out of my throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan*S View Post
    This is what it was like for me for two days. Then it's been more like a bad head cold. I've also lost my sense of taste and smell.
    Were you both double-vaccinated?

Blog Entries
    Yes mate, double astroid venica!

Yes mate, double astroid venica!
    When?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Were you both double-vaccinated?
    Yes. I'm 99% certain I've caught this from someone at work. I've been nursing a broken heart since July so I've only been going to work and staying in and feeling sorry for myself the rest of the time. We've also had far more cases lately than at any other time previously.