closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bonetto Cinturini rubber NATO straps?

Bonetto Cinturini rubber NATO straps?

Has anyone tried one of these (same as the ones sold by watch gecko)?
    I quite fancy trying one on my CWC diver.

Amazing straps, I've been using them for 4 years and have had no issues at all. What I like about them is that they hold the watch in the centre of your wrist and being rubber, they're extremely comfortable. The only downside is the price, so try and buy one when WatchGecko have one of their sales on.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

I spotted these recently and wondered if the were any good - sounds like they are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you still need to tuck the tail end of the strap in?

A few images of mine that I've taken over the years...

Last edited by woodruffm; 11th September 2021 at 10:47.

Quote Originally Posted by ODP View Post
    Do you still need to tuck the tail end of the strap in?
    There isn't room for the tail to pass back underneath like a standard nato. I happen to have a perfect fit on my 7 - 7.25 inch wrist, others have cut the end of the rubber to fit if they have a smaller wrist using a 2 pence piece as a template to get the correct look.

The hardware is also very good quality and is offered in polished or blasted finish although WatchGecko only offers that for the black strap. There is another place which offers both in all colours, I'll see if I can find the link and post it.

Probably more expensive here as it's listed in Euros and I guess that means import duties : https://www.esprit-nato.com/en/211-i...o-watch-straps

I am another fan

One word of caution I would mention is length
    If your wrist is larger than 7.5 inches they might be a bit short.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I am another fan

One word of caution I would mention is length
    If your wrist is larger than 7.5 inches they might be a bit short.
    I’m around the 7.5” wrist size so fingers crossed. I’ve put out a WTB for a 20mm in black as they are awaiting stock on watchgecko.

Nice straps. As others have said, very comfortable. Marginally bulkier than a fabric nato I’d say but the hardware is on springbars so you can remove the extra piece and have a single pass strap (there’s another name for those isn’t there but it escapes me).

If you need to cut it and there is enough meat on it, do a test cut first.

I think watch gecko have a multi-buy offer on dive straps right now.

I’m around the 7.5” wrist size so fingers crossed. I’ve put out a WTB for a 20mm in black as they are awaiting stock on watchgecko.
    I am the same, as you can see it fits but the tail only just pops up over the 2nd bar.

I have one, sent you a PM

If you remove the hinged keeper with a spring bar tool and fit it backwards it gives enough room to fold the tail back under.

Quote Originally Posted by woodruffm View Post
    There isn't room for the tail to pass back underneath like a standard nato. I happen to have a perfect fit on my 7 - 7.25 inch wrist, others have cut the end of the rubber to fit if they have a smaller wrist using a 2 pence piece as a template to get the correct look.

The hardware is also very good quality and is offered in polished or blasted finish although WatchGecko only offers that for the black strap. There is another place which offers both in all colours, I'll see if I can find the link and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    If you remove the hinged keeper with a spring bar tool and fit it backwards it gives enough room to fold the tail back under.
    Every day is a school day, thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I was about to get one of these but I have 8 3/4 inch wrists (there isn’t enough meat left on a standard CWC NATO to fold under on the second keeper - it just about reaches) - so it looks like these might be too short for me? - the cost has always put me off tbh, but was going to give one a try. Might not now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk