closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A 9/11 Watch

A 9/11 Watch

This is an interesting story of an ordinary watch, which survived, as did its owner, the terrible events of that day.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/se...y-time-stopped

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    This is an interesting story of an ordinary watch, which survived, as did its owner, the terrible events of that day.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/se...y-time-stopped
    Amazing . The fact the watch stopped the date from advancing past the 11th is weird and also when the watch started running it only went to 12 and ominously loops back to 10am and over again and again .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting story.

The part about the security guard makes me angry.

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Amazing . The fact the watch stopped the date from advancing past the 11th is weird and also when the watch started running it only went to 12 and ominously loops back to 10am and over again and again .

Does anyone here know why this may happen at the technical level?

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post

It doesn't loop back to 10am. The hour and minutes hands are stuck at 8:49. They state that it's the second hand that moves between the 10-12 markers, so no actual hour or minute can be attributed to it.

What I mean is, when the red second hand would get to the 12, it would immediately go backwards, to the 10. It would not go past the 12. It was locked in this little loop. Over and over: 10, 11, 12 … 10, 11, 12. Forward, then backward in just that little space. Like it was trapped in a loop. It ran that way until the battery gave out.”
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 11th September 2021 at 17:05.

My gut feeling was the same when I saw that story on a recent documentary. However, as has been said above, we don't know how we'd react when faced with probable death. On a personal level I can say that I wouldn't have left him behind but then I've never been in that situation. I'm sure there were thousands of people who made sure they got out regardless of what happened to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    The part about the security guard makes me angry.