closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 1989 Precista Diver on the bay - heads up

1989 Precista Diver on the bay - heads up

Someone has listed a 1989 Precista diver on e-bay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203599066...gAAOSwmuBhOiTH

You seldom see these offered for sale. I would imagine if someone bought it and had it fully serviced it would be a great addition to any collection.

No connection to the seller, just a heads up.

Not even sure of pricing on these, but it doesn’t look expensive to me. Any views on this?

It’s half of what I paid last year.
    Needs new bars and I am not sure how easy they would be to find but and correct gauge wire should be a good replacement (they have drilled lugs in to which the lug wires - it’s more of a thick wire than a bar, are inserted)
    They are a nice little watch that wears a fair bit smaller / thinner than the CWC, SM300, Sub.
    I wore mine earlier this week.

Thanks John, I did spot the missing fixed bars. This is clearly a listing for someone who could undertake the work themselves or is prepared to pass it to a trusted watch repairer and pay whatever it takes to return it to tip top condition.

So few of these come up for sale that sitting around waiting for a nice one to appear may not produce any results.

Put it this way, if that listing was for a 1982 CWC Navigator in a similar distressed condition I would bite the sellers hand off and send the watch straight to Olli

I have actually given my father the heads up on it.
    He might take a punt, we shall see.
    If it was an 88 I would snapped it up and also sent it to Olli.

Was doing the man maths on this before and it could be a bit of a no brainier. If the seller accepted £850 or £900 and the cost of a full service and sorting out the crown, crystal and fixed bars was say £400 tops that’s £1,300 for a fully serviced watch which at that point must be worth close to £2k.

Has certainly got me thinking.

Taken a punt and made an offer. The system says the seller has three other offers as well. I can guess who those are from…

Anyone on here who wants it, might be wise to up your offer. I think this will creep into 4 figures, which will be me out.

The guy is messing people around, so I placed a bid just to kill off his ability to accept offers. Let’s see if he retracts my bid and then accepts one of the offers. That will teach him

Be more fun to actually watch an auction and see what it goes for.

Grand Master
    Damage to the lugs is the killer on this, unless I’m misinterpreting the pics that would need laser welding and the whole case refinished to make it match. Originality then goes out of the window unless someone can replicate the original finish then ‘ patinate’ it accordingly.

If this was a simple fix the seller would've had it sorted and added value accordingly.

There is no real damage to the lugs as far as I can see (maybe one is slightly rounded but difficult to tell with those photos), just the missing bars. No need to weld those as they are a press fit. (They do come loose over time)
    Finding a replacement movement and possibly crystal looks to be the main problem.

The dial and hands look really nice and I’m sure when put behind a NOS crystal it would look superb. Sure, if this was a more commonly available watch people would pass on this one, but sometimes these military watches are so rare or so infrequently come to market that it will sell and I’m sure the buyer will have their eyes wide open and a trusted watch guy already lined up to pass it straight on to.

Although at present it does look like a dogs dinner, I look at that and think what it would look like once it had been fully sorted out.

Glass half full, unusual for me