closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Courier Delivery Question - Error in Address

Courier Delivery Question - Error in Address

Quick question for those who work in such circles. I have bought a watch off a guy in Australia, he posted it at ‘Pack Send’ which I assume is an Australian courier or Post Office. He sent me an image of the invoice and on it there is an error on the house number, showing Number 25A instead of 23A. There is no 25A in the road.

The rest is correct, my name, the road name, town and post code etc. Is this an issue and will the error cock things up. I have sent the guy a message asking if he can ring and correct the error but not heard back due to huge time difference.

I can imagine the parcel ending up with Parcelforce and them sending a letter for duties to the incorrect house number.

Do couriers have a system that would enable them to see the error and deliver to the correct address.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
    Ken

If your postie is a regular ask him to keep an eye out for a parcel to 25.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    If your postie is a regular ask him to keep an eye out for a parcel to 25.
    Good idea, but still a problem if a courier service carries out final delivery.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Good idea, but still a problem if a courier service carries out final delivery.

Most apart from the big names tend to hand over to Royal Mail once in the uk

That's true, yes.

Whack a sign for 25A next to your 23A as a temporary fix? You can explain to your regular postie, and an unknown courier will just see yours as normal.

I have just heard from the guy, he will ring them when they open.

From experience, Parcelforce tend to deliver most parcels from overseas.

Just wondered if they had a system that shows names and addresses so the error would appear obvious.

I work for royal mail albeit only on a Sunday now but if it's a regular postman he will lightly know who it's for but they don't check to make sure addresses or postcodes are correct.
    It's usually down to the postman for that particular round to work out where an item should most likely be if there's a query on it.

As for a courier company. Good luck.

Let's hope he can get it changed quickly.

As a side note I had a eBay return where the guy had put the wrong address. I quickly phoned DHL and they said they'd change it straight away but it could take upto 48 hrs to filter through.

It was delivered the same day to the incorrect address :(

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I presume that carriage was arranged through www.packsend.com.au. They have a UK presence, www.packsend.co.uk, and the first thing I see that they have in common is that there is no 'tracking' option.

Was it and invoice he copied to you? I'd rather see a receipt showing that a transaction had been completed. It might even show a tracking number. If you can find a tracking reference you stand half a chance of following the package's movement around the globe and some tracking websites cover multiple carriers (eg www.aftership.com). That way you might discover the UK carrier once it arrives in country. I have even had the good fortune to find the new GB tracking reference.

If you can find a UPU tracking number (looks like XX000000000XX) then you might also try www.upu.int/en/Global-Track-Trace.

Until you can establish the UK carrier you might try contacting packsend.co.uk...but I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Once it is in the UK you should have more luck from one of the local sites.

It was handed in at a Packsend Australia office and I did note that there is a UK presence as well on line. I have a photo image of the invoice which contains the consignment number etc, but there is nothing up on their system yet, it normally takes up to 24 hours I believe. I did some searches on the universal trackers such as Parcel monitor etc and will step it up once it starts to move.

For now I want the guy to touch base with the local office and see the item on the track and trace then I can take it from there.

All for the sake of a single digit.

Thanks for the replies.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Just wondered if they had a system that shows names and addresses so the error would appear obvious.
    Parcelforce can barely get parcels to the correct addresses, never mind realise when an address is not valid!!

They have no such system, nor do any other courier I deal with (RM/DHL/FedEx/UPS/TNT)

+1 for the temporary sign on your door

Update and hopefully problem resolved.

The seller went to the depot he dropped the parcel off and was able to amend the address details as it hadn’t started to move yet. Both the seller and I received an e-mail from Pack and Send a few hours later that the parcel was booked in and on its way. A few hours after that I received a text from DHL who are the actual courier showing their waybill reference number and most importantly it showed the delivery address in full which was now correct.

I’m guessing that Pack and Send are a shop front or drop off point for parcels unless the business is linked to DHL who actually do the work. I really don’t know the answer to that one. Just glad that I spotted the error when I did. I had looked at the invoice document several times without spotting it.

Anyway, it’s now on its way with DHL and tracking is visible. Delivery is scheduled for next Wednesday, but I’m sure the Blighty Customs guys will have a different view on that one.

Thanks again to those who responded, appreciated and I suppose in order to answer my original question it looks like couriers have no more info about names and addresses than the rest of us.

Final update:

Just to finish this thread off as I know some of you will have been kept awake at night worrying about it

The parcel was successfully delivered to the correct house (my house) yesterday. I bought the watch from a seller on another forum (a Welshman living in Australia - what could possibly go wrong) who stated that he had taken the watch for a service before sending it to me. I can only assume he gave it to Stevie Wonder to work on it as the damn thing kept stopping.

The watch was here for less than 24 hours and is now on its way to Olli of this parish for a full service and spa.

Being a nice chap I won’t raise a villain thread against the guy. It is what it is and I’m just glad to have safely received the watch

Was it leeking?

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Was it leeking?

I thought the movement had been put in upside down