timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Remember The Matrix (1999)?

Blog Entries

Remember The Matrix (1999)?

Here’s the new one.

Pre-trailer here. Official trailer later this week. In cinemas Dec 22

https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/

Very innovative. The trailer tells you the exact time!!!
    Last edited by thieuster; 8th September 2021 at 18:05.

New matrix - Brilliant! I can't wait. Every geek's dream film

Trailer: groan, why do we have to repeat the old stuff with mouths glued shut and bullets raining. I want new stuff.

The live time on the video...... HANG ON, WHAT TRICKERY IS THIS!

ooooh that's going to take some figuring out

In summary: awesome

Looking forward to this. Wife doesn't like the films so it's a cinema ticket for one when this releases

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    New matrix - Brilliant! I can't wait. Every geek's dream film

Trailer: groan, why do we have to repeat the old stuff with mouths glued shut and bullets raining. I want new stuff.

The live time on the video...... HANG ON, WHAT TRICKERY IS THIS!

ooooh that's going to take some figuring out

In summary: awesome
    And I haven't told the good part! When you choose the same pill again, you'll see different shots! According to a Dutch site, there are 180,000 different shots & voice overs that are presented randomly.

Looks cool. Bond movie at end of the month also

Blog Entries
    Lol!

Craftsman
    I wasn’t excited until I saw this. Despite what most people say, I loved the original films - all three of them.

Master
    Must say I did not realise that this was going to be coming out, I am so excited ! looks great and super teaser trailer. Will be watching tomorrow.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Is it a rehash or carrying on from where it left off?

Ooh Neo, it's "carry on Matrix"!
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if this is a "prequel" - and was it really that long ago?????
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    I loved the first film but the sequels were a mess. No interest in this one but hopefully I will be proved wrong.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I loved the first film but the sequels were a mess. No interest in this one but hopefully I will be proved wrong.
    This.

Also did you hear that both are directors who are siblings made a gender transition? They have said the original films have strong themes on gender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    ^^^ this ^^^

The first one was just sooo good though, close to the perfect movie in this genre imho.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    The first one was just sooo good though, close to the perfect movie in this genre imho.
    The first one was brilliant. It was one of a handful of films where I walked out of the cinema and wanted to go straight back in again.

Master
    The first one was brilliant. It was one of a handful of films where I walked out of the cinema and wanted to go straight back in again.
    First one is as awesome as can be , even today decades later.

2nd one ...just okay,

3rd one...meh .

Also worth noting that the Wachowski's have literally managed to create nothing watchable ( or even digestible) since then and its a mystery to me why they still get budgets from studios.

Sense8 was interesting but failed to deliver , the rest of their otput I'd rather watch a blank screen, their first film "Bound" is probably their best even over The Matrix so they have a steady pattern of decline.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Also worth noting that the Wachowski's have literally managed to create nothing watchable ( or even digestible) since then
    I for one really enjoyed Cloud Atlas... and the trailer is awesome.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    To each their own , Cloud Atlas i would never want to sit through again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post

Also worth noting that the Wachowski's have literally managed to create nothing watchable ( or even digestible) since then and its a mystery to me why they still get budgets from studios.

Sense8 was interesting but failed to deliver , the rest of their otput I'd rather watch a blank screen, their first film "Bound" is probably their best even over The Matrix so they have a steady pattern of decline.

I agree 100%.

And they seems to use virtually the same basic plot premise for pretty much all their movies.

I actually went to the cinema to see Jupiter Ascending. Despite (or perhaps partly because of) the mega budget it was among the very worst films I have ever seen - totally incoherent garbage on every level, with truly infantile plot devices. Like you, I struggle to understand how they continue to get their stuff green lit.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I agree 100%.

And they seems to use virtually the same basic plot premise for pretty much all their movies.

I actually went to the cinema to see Jupiter Ascending. Despite (or perhaps partly because of) the mega budget it was among the very worst films I have ever seen - totally incoherent garbage on every level, with truly infantile plot devices. Like you, I struggle to understand how they continue to get their stuff green lit.
    I actually quite enjoyed Jupiter Ascending in the same way that I’d be fascinated by seeing $200million being burned up slowly in front of me by a pagent if otherwise beautiful and talented exotic individuals . Actually its telling how much better that idea sounds than the prospect of watching that film again. People must have been thinking they were in line for oscars and the pinnacle of their career type stuff right until they finally saw the film.

Its like everything in the film is perfect apart from the plot and the direction : a beautiful cake thats constructed of 100% horse manure underneath the fancy icing.
    Last edited by Mr.D; 9th September 2021 at 10:22.

Thanks for this OP.

Looks interesting, but without Hugo Weaving as the sinister Agent Smith however...

Weaving as Smith is almost as sinister as Olivier playing Christian Szell in Marathon Man. Both superb performances.

I did get round to watching the original and I'll be honest....it was one of the biggest piles of tripe I've ever endured. I'll not be rushing to see the follow up I can tell you that much ....🙄

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I did get round to watching the original and I'll be honest....it was one of the biggest piles of tripe I've ever endured. I'll not be rushing to see the follow up I can tell you that much ....
    Ha ! Love it.

Did you like Star Wars ?

I'm only having a bit of fun here, It's really interesting when someone stands up and challenges the Emperor's new clothes.
    I love the Social Network and Starship Troopers......my brother refuses to watch one and hated the other.

Blog Entries
    The trailer! Oh yes!!! And the old Jefferson Airplane song is sooooo fitting here. (Must be a glitch of the Matrix)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Me too, thought it was brilliant! And completely agree on the trailer though makes me want to rewatch every time.

Master
    I did get round to watching the original and I'll be honest....it was one of the biggest piles of tripe I've ever endured. I'll not be rushing to see the follow up I can tell you that much ....🙄
    8.7 on IMDB. I think you are in the minority.

Trinity is back!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    So agree with this - it was a truly different movie at that point and made really well too. I just watched a couple of scenes yesterday when I was testing out some setting on the home theatre system.

This new one might be rubbish but I'll keep an open mind

The original is still very watchable.

I'm glad to see they've had another go but the trailer seems to be rehashing some aspects. That's usually a warning sign for me. Or perhaps I'm being cynical.

I'm tempering my expectations, but hopeful that they've got it right.

I'm still disappointed so far, but ready for the actual film to be a success.

Watch the original Matrix (Vol1) trailer, then watch the new trailer......
    They are the same ! We haven't moved on in 22 years.

Raining bullets.
    Things happening on roof tops.
    Trinity whispering in Neo's ear.
    A shaven headed man knowingly chatting to Neo.
    Slowed down bullet shots.
    A kung fu bit in a dojo..
    Mirrors made of liquid

ITS ALL THE SAME

Dis
    a
    pointing

More evidence that Hollywood is for the most part creatively bankrupt. But I guess as long as people continue to consume they will keep on with the "reboots" and unnecessary sequels/prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    I'm still disappointed so far, but ready for the actual film to be a success.

Watch the original Matrix (Vol1) trailer, then watch the new trailer......
    They are the same ! We haven't moved on in 22 years.

Raining bullets.
    Things happening on roof tops.
    Trinity whispering in Neo's ear.
    A shaven headed man knowingly chatting to Neo.
    Slowed down bullet shots.
    A kung fu bit in a dojo..
    Mirrors made of liquid

ITS ALL THE SAME

Dis
    a
    pointing
    That might be deliberate, echoing the first (great) film, rather than the (rather poor) sequels.

This sort of stuff was just so much fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTlkjfAmCBI

It probably feels derivative of a sea of other films if you watch it now - but this was the first so at the time seemed original and exciting at the time of release. Someone else mentioned Star Wars - a film I love - and a newcomer might watch it now and think ‘whatever’. But it came out in 1977. If you look at genre films that came out before Star Wars you can get a sense of how groundbreaking it was - and The Matrix has the same issue imho for first time watchers wise ‘weren’t there’ at the films release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Matrix has also had a huge impact on popular culture - the terms 'blue pill' and 'red pill', the idea of us living in an illusory world (super popular in the wackier conspiracy circles) etc. etc.

You could also tie the whole appearance versus reality theme to the Wachowskis' own status as transgender people.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That trailer looks great. Definitely booking an Imax for that.

Surprised so many do not like the sequels. Personally I find them all very enjoyable.