closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RIP Michael K Williams

Craftsman

RIP Michael K Williams

I searched and was surprised to see no post for this magnificent actor. He immortalised Omar Little, one of the most iconic characters in a show commonly described as one of the best ever. The bravery to take on the role of an openly gay gangster was matched only by his dedication to portraying the many layers of Omar.

Beyond this obvious career highlight, he also appeared in many films, and TV shows such as (briefly) The Sopranos, Law and Order, CSI, The Night Of, Hap and Leonard, When They See Us and Boardwalk Empire.

He was a superb actor and by many accounts a lovely man. Rest in peace, Michael.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Great actor, only just learned that he passed away.

RIP.

First saw him play Omar in The Wire, probably the best Police show ever.

What a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Legend, and the plaudits from his peers yesterday speaks volumes of his talent.

One of my favourite characters in one of the best TV shows of all time. I feel a 3rd watching coming on…

Only knew him in The Wire, one of the great characters in the series.

RIP, Omar's coming!

Journeyman
    Watched him in Boardwalk empire and The Wire, fine actor and will be sorely missed.

RIP

Not only a fantastic actor and one of the undisputed stars of The Wire but also a dedicated activist who constantly worked behind the scenes fighting for others.

RIP

A fantastic actor who will be sadly missed . RIP .

That's such a shame, great actor he was a likeable baddie. RIP

I’m re-watching ‘The Wire’ and binged four episodes the night before I woke to news of his passing, so this feels particularly impactful right now.

I’m also reading ‘All The Pieces Matter’, a book with interviews from the cast, and it’s interesting – and ultimately tragic – how his personal life began to blur with his role as Omar. Of course, that authenticity is what gives The Wire a significant part of its appeal.

A phenomenal actor. Omar was a terrifically written part - ‘no doubt’ - but it took a special talent to make quite an extreme character so believable & authentic, and to combine both ferocity & empathy so well.

He was superb in ‘Boardwalk Empire’ too. Again, very soulful & emotive, and as Edward Norton has noted, his was a scene-stealing presence – not from actorly greed, just because he was so charismatic. He did a lot of very good work besides those two series, as might be expected with several Emmy nominations to his name, but it's no surprise that the iconic role of Omar is the one must talked-about in his passing.

A sad loss of a man, and his talent.

RIP, King.