closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Kurono v Furlan Marri

Kurono v Furlan Marri

Although I don’t think a loupe is necessarily the best way to evaluate a watch, this comparison of much hyped Kurono v a Kickstarter brand a quarter of the price was interesting to me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTdgDkSl...um=share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTe2c-zH...um=share_sheet

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this guy ever post anything that doesn't make him look like he has an axe to grind?

He’s certainly not short of hyperbole when he’s enthusiastic about something, but is also quite capable of public complaining when his expectations aren’t met.

As a simple sports watch fan, his focus on flawless finishing isn’t really my thing, but not withstanding that I think his comments are reasonable on the matter I linked to.

D

Master

Kurono v Furlan Marri

Maybe, but there’s no getting around the fact the Kurono looks terribly finished!!! And for a brand that’s all about the dial and finish that really doesn’t bode well. #toomuchhype

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Does this guy ever post anything that doesn't make him look like he has an axe to grind?
    Is he similar to the one who was whinging about Ming watches because they didnt do what he wanted?

That being said I do feel a lot of these "High end" Micro brands are a load of hot air, I would have said Anordain are a better option but I have a sneaking suspicion they are looking to go the same way.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    That being said I do feel a lot of these "High end" Micro brands are a load of hot air, I would have said Anordain are a better option but I have a sneaking suspicion they are looking to go the same way.
    I don't get that impression from anOrdain at all.
    You can go and order their model 1 right now and I am sure the new model 2 / 3 will be the same.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    He does moan a lot but I think theyre by and large his watches that he photographs?
    I think if I had an axe I wouldnt buy the watches, so maybe just ultra anal and a fan of macro shots

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Maybe, but there’s no getting around the fact the Kurono looks terribly finished!!! And for a brand that’s all about the dial and finish that really doesn’t bode well. #toomuchhype
    It does look very shoddy indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    You can go and order their model 1 right now and I am sure the new model 2 / 3 will be the same.
    Really?

It’s been showing sold out for quite some time now.

The model 2 is now discontinued the last being a “limited edition”. From their website it suggests they are changing their method of production from made to order to batch production.
    Last edited by robert75; 8th September 2021 at 15:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    Hmm, I don’t think so.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Really?

It’s been showing sold out for quite some time now.

The model 2 is now discontinued the last being a “limited edition”. From their website it suggests they are changing their method of production from made to order to batch production.
    The original model 2 is being revamped which is why it's sold old. I believe they sold through the cases with the last limited release. The new model 2 will be out sometime this year.

Batch production isn't the same as limited releases, it's more akin to what Eddie does than Ming but I suppose the end result may feel the same to the customer if you can't order until a batch drops and they have too much demand to build up stock.

Edit: Does look like model 1s are no longer available to order so perhaps you're both right. I hope not though.
    Last edited by Kamakazie!; 9th September 2021 at 16:13.

Master
    A loupe can certainly be a harsh lens but it's also a fair one so if that's a representative example of Kurono quality then I'm glad they've never interested me.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    A loupe can certainly be a harsh lens but it's also a fair one so if that's a representative example of Kurono quality then I'm glad they've never interested me.
    Very fair, I don't know much about the brand but from what I've gathered they're all about the finishing, especially dials? If that's the case I don't think this guys comparison pics are unreasonable, if anything they're quite revealing.

Journeyman
    I posted a while back about Furlan Marri, they seemed to use marketing very well and obviously have good connections (appearing in revolution and recently with goldberger) considering its essentially a homage watch.

There's currently a Furlan Marri on ebay (with bids) at £1.2k!

I had a good look over a Furlan Marri, and it was pretty impressive, especially for the price point. Nicely formed hand set, lovely domed sapphire crystal, dial with quite a bit of character, quality packaging & perfect case dimensions. An example of a kickstarter offering & micro brand executed very well.

Craftsman
    Furlan Marri = marketing hype

Anything selling over retail is the FOMO due to the above, that aside you'd expect better from Kurono

Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post

Anything selling over retail is the FOMO due to the above, that aside you'd expect better from Kurono
    It was more a comparison of quality v price.

For clarity, I sold my Kurono a week after getting it, as I thought there was quite a disconnect between its rrp and its quality. I thought it was an attractive design, but close in quality to a Seiko Cocktail Time I once owned, and that wasn’t an expensive watch.

I hope I have learnt to be less swayed by the whole FOMO Instagram thing

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post

That is an odd comment. I haven’t handled either of them but most people who have handled Furlan Marri have good things to say about them. If you have any personal experience to share, would love to hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ARC85 View Post
    I posted a while back about Furlan Marri, they seemed to use marketing very well and obviously have good connections (appearing in revolution and recently with goldberger) considering its essentially a homage watch.

There's currently a Furlan Marri on ebay (with bids) at £1.2k!
    Are the watches not about £350 on their website?

What is this new craze with overpriced Kickstarter/micro brands?