closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Emma Raducanu

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Bugger off to the bear pit you bunch of tossers.
    Cretin. Calling out racism and hypocrisy is not politics, even if the bigot happens to be a politician. Plus there is only one person that can say if posts are or are not relevant here, and it certainly isn’t you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    100% this.
    A tweet from Nigel was bound to set the thread off on a tangent.

ICYMI...Vogue Interview.
    Last edited by PickleB; 12th September 2021 at 15:31. Reason: removed quoted post...it wasn't meant to be there...finger trouble

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    A tweet from Nigel was bound to set the thread off on a tangent.
    It didn't need to be posted here - just the usual morons trying to score political points. The thread is pretty much ruined now anyway! There can't be a person on thread who thinks "sHe iSNt evEn bRitsH" or isn't proud of what she's done but it's still somehow turned into a bitchfest.

It didn't need to be posted here - just the usual morons trying to score political points. The thread is pretty much ruined now anyway! There can't be a person on thread who thinks "sHe iSNt evEn bRitsH" or isn't proud of what she's done but it's still somehow turned into a bitchfest.
    Agree, I shouldn't have replied to it either.

Got to hand it to mono, he plays us like a fiddle sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I was tempted to correct you by saying the only great example. The Murrays had their mother, and all the others underachieved.
    Furthermore you could also say she is the end product of the British education system, considering her A level results. And that would also be wrong, as with both she is the exception, not the rule.
    Maybe a little credit to the parents would be more appropriate.
    It could also be noted that both finalists were born in Canada…
    Joe Salisbury won both doubles titles at the US open too, and Dan Evans did well. I think there’s more than just Emma in the system. My post specifically mentioned the British tennis system. Not sure what country they were born in is relevant? Greg Rusedski was also Canadian?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Danstone seems to support this rubbish in the pub......heyho.

That girl, the run she’s had, never actually seen anything like it in my (v long) life.
    Incredible.

Secondly, there really are some utter utter wankers on here.
    There always were one or two, why so many now?
    Do you actually know what twats you are?

Master
    Fantastic achievement for the young lady, and she really did make the opposition look ordinary, even though they are all fabulous players in their own right. Hats off to her for what she’s done, will inspire a generation of players and no doubt a star of the next couple of decades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    He correctly said that she choked in her match at Wimbledon, which she did. It was hardly a surprise given her situation and the length of time she had to wait to play. I certainly don’t believe it was a criticism of her.

She did amazingly well at Wimbledon and has come back even stronger in this tournament.
    No she didnt choke, that is total bull. She exausted herself screaming and getting too wound up. Something she stopped doing in the US open and corrected obviously

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    No she didnt choke, that is total bull. She exausted herself screaming and getting too wound up. Something she stopped doing in the US open and corrected obviously
    Reading on tennis forums apparently what she had at Wimbledon was a panic attack (which can be debilitating) and has learned how to deal with these. You'd never have thought she had an ounce of anxiety last night - ice through her veins.

Master
    Most excellent. Just hope she doesn’t get ground down by the media now she’s in the big league.

Master
    Just from a pure human achievement, what this lady did is remarkable.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Reading on tennis forums apparently what she had at Wimbledon was a panic attack (which can be debilitating) and has learned how to deal with these. You'd never have thought she had an ounce of anxiety last night - ice through her veins.
    I thought it must've been a panic attack and it makes her performance at the US Open all the more incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    No longer a tennis follower but like everyone else picking the story/ journey through the newsfeeds and can only both applaud her and wish her well.
    Me neither
    Did not see or hear anything about Wimbledon. But watching the highlight video on here, wow, talented young girl and a credit to her parents.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

These are the top 10 fastest players in history to win a Slam in terms of number of tour matches played. Raducanu winninga slam after 13 tour games is insane (although worth pointing out that Monica Seles had already won 8 Grand Slams by the time she was Raducanu's age).

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Bugger off to the bear pit you bunch of tossers.

Nicely put that man.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Agree, I shouldn't have replied to it either.

Got to hand it to mono, he plays us like a fiddle sometimes.
    I think you'll find mono wasn't the one who started the thread on a downward spiral. But those who did are obviously blameless as usual.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Cretin. Calling out racism and hypocrisy is not politics, even if the bigot happens to be a politician. Plus there is only one person that can say if posts are or are not relevant here, and it certainly isn’t you.
    And neither is it you.

The G&D is not for these discussions, after 10 years here you must have realised this?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    And neither is it you.

The G&D is not for these discussions, after 10 years here you must have realised this?
    Anyone else that applies to Chris? Because you seem to ignore some people.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I think you'll find mono wasn't the one who started the thread on a downward spiral. But those who did are obviously blameless as usual.
    He agreed with me and I wasn't talking about mono. Please stop now.

Blog Entries
    He agreed with me and I wasn't talking about mono. Please stop now.
    I know you weren’t. Just didn’t know why he chose mono was all.

Craftsman
    Both finalist both a very mixed heritage with immigrant parents. That's the world we live in.

Sent from my SM-T510 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Anyhow. Fantastic achievement and she seems to be a lovely person with maturity beyond her years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillans View Post
    Anyhow. Fantastic achievement and she seems to be a lovely person with maturity beyond her years.
    And watching the news tonight will have inspired many young players, which can only be a good thing.

Which watch brand do we think will win in getting ER's signature?

My guess is Rolex. Given her half Chinese heritage, she's an obvious ambassador for Asia and then she has general appeal given all her other attributes.

Not sure Rolex need the extra help given they've got no watches to sell. But I guess her name will reinforce silly watch pricing these days

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post

My guess is Rolex. Given her half Chinese heritage, she's an obvious ambassador for Asia and then she has general appeal given all her other attributes.

Not sure Rolex need the extra help given they've got no watches to sell. But I guess her name will reinforce silly watch pricing these days
    I’m thinking Cartier

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    I’m thinking Cartier

She's pretty classy, so I thought Cartier or Patek.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post

Rolex would be the obvious choice as all the major opens are sponsored by them, but they do already have past and present tennis players/ambassadors, also 2 Chinese pianists.

Present tennis players - R.Federer, G.Muguruza, A.Kerber, A.Ivanovic.
    Past tennis players - B.Bjorg, C.Evert, T.Henman.

Emma Raducanu

I reckon she’s going to be bigger than Maria Sharapova in terms of media exposure and sponsorship deals, already on vogue, already rubbing shoulders at events, and of course a Grand Slam, she has got it all, talk about bursting on the scene from nowhere.

Well played and good luck going forward.

Emma Raducanu shines at Met Gala: Britain's US Open champion joins celebs at fashion fundraiser http://news.sky.com/story/emma-raduc...aiser-12407506

Shame the majority of the rest of the apparent celebs in the article look errrr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not a tennis fan but what an achievement.

Watch sponsorship, my initial thought was Tag Heuer. However may well be Rolex given links with tennis.

Or possibly Richard Mille.

What about Omega....an attempt to break in to to what has been Rolex territory.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I hope it's Bremont purely to see the reaction of some on this forum :D

Master
    I agree. The Chinese love their Omegas, especially the Constellation.

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    What about Omega....an attempt to break in to to what has been Rolex territory.

Eddie's been very quiet of late. What odds a Smiths Sponsorship? Winning without losing a set is Dreadnought-Esque

A Greubel Forsey GMT Sport could be a left-field choice.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Cartier or Omega would be a good fit; elegant and classy. I must say how impressed I am that we have 186 posts without a single "....and she's fit AF!" statement. Very mature and respectful.

Some truly astonishing factoids about her

I’m sure that her manager is currently snowed under with sponsorship deals with everybody clamouring to get her signature. She will no doubt, be able to pick and choose whosoever she wishes to have sponsorship from.

Hopefully, her team will be able to keep her grounded and she doesn’t lose focus. She has amazing talent and tremendous potential but she could quite easily fall by the wayside if not careful.

She does seem very level headed so hopefully will continue her meteoric rise and stay at the top of the game for many years to come.

I hope it's Bremont purely to see the reaction of some on this forum :D
    ...excellent choice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    I reckon she’s going to be bigger than Maria Sharapova in terms of media exposure and sponsorship deals, already on vogue, already rubbing shoulders at events, and of course a Grand Slam, she has got it all, talk about bursting on the scene from nowhere.

Well played and good luck going forward.

Emma Raducanu shines at Met Gala: Britain's US Open champion joins celebs at fashion fundraiser http://news.sky.com/story/emma-raduc...aiser-12407506

Shame the majority of the rest of the apparent celebs in the article look errrr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Obviously Emma didn't realise it was fancy dress. Looked about the most normal one there.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I must say how impressed I am that we have 186 posts without a single "....and she's fit AF!" statement. Very mature and respectful.
    Yes, very odd. Might be because of her age but then again, plenty in bums and tits threads look just as young (so I'm told).

Apple watch, or perhaps Michael Kors.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Cartier or Omega would be a good fit; elegant and classy. I must say how impressed I am that we have 186 posts without a single "....and she's fit AF!" statement. Very mature and respectful.
    I was waiting for the “I would” post to have appeared by now, so similar lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Sometimes fantastic talent and decent character have this kind of an effect on the worse culprits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Or the 'I did' to appear in some horrible tabloid on a slow news day.

Craftsman
    what a show these 2 young ladies put on , the quality of tennis from 2 relatively unknown teenage girls was outstanding.

i wonder whether emma and leylah go on to dominate the sport in the next few years

Master
    She did remarkably well but the media are getting very carried away. She played 3 tournaments in the US pre the Open.
    She lost in the first round, retired in the quarters and lost in the final in the third. So good but nothing to even suggest she would go on to perform the way she did. The player she lost to in the first round she then beat in the 2nd round of the open. The player she lost to in the final preopen tournament had the misfortune to play Ash Barty in the second round of the Open and was resoundingly beaten. ER's pre Open performances put her in first or second round Open loss territory.
    So she played out of her socks to win but win she did, so credit where it's due.
    It's also interesting that of the 8 quarter finalists, yes there was a Wimbledon 21 finalist and semi finalist but of the other 6 only 2 got to the fourth round, including ER, and the other 4 didn't make it past the first or second round. Leylah Fernandes was soundly beaten in the first round. LF arguably beat more established players on her way to the final too, more seeds etc. Either the generations have moved on alot over the summer or people maybe didn't perform as they might expect to.
    I also hope her team keep her on her toes and realise that one swallow and all that. It may be harder to stay there than get there especially with the added fame she now has.
    So she did a fantastic job and I hope she can build on this.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    She did remarkably well but the media are getting very carried away. She played 3 tournaments in the US pre the Open.
    She lost in the first round, retired in the quarters and lost in the final in the third. So good but nothing to even suggest she would go on to perform the way she did. The player she lost to in the first round she then beat in the 2nd round of the open. The player she lost to in the final preopen tournament had the misfortune to play Ash Barty in the second round of the Open and was resoundingly beaten. ER's pre Open performances put her in first or second round Open loss territory.
    So she played out of her socks to win but win she did, so credit where it's due.
    It's also interesting that of the 8 quarter finalists, yes there was a Wimbledon 21 finalist and semi finalist but of the other 6 only 2 got to the fourth round, including ER, and the other 4 didn't make it past the first or second round. Leylah Fernandes was soundly beaten in the first round. LF arguably beat more established players on her way to the final too, more seeds etc. Either the generations have moved on alot over the summer or people maybe didn't perform as they might expect to.
    I also hope her team keep her on her toes and realise that one swallow and all that. It may be harder to stay there than get there especially with the added fame she now has.
    Another thing that will make it harder is that opponents will know who she is now and will devise tactics to counter her. As a Slam winner she is now a scalp. Of course she is also going to improve and her future is bright I just hope the press don't hound her when she inevitably ends up losing some games in the future.

Master
    The media aren’t getting carried away - winning the US Open is an incredible feat full stop. Probably what 20 or 30 women alive on this planet that have done that. To do it after having to qualify as an 18 year makes it even more remarkable. You can dissect the other players and the general underperformance all you like to try and reduce down the achievement, but to me she was incredible. It was fantastic to watch too.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post