closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Day date watches

Craftsman

Day date watches

Here to canvass the forum's opinion. I'm looking for a day/date watch with a mechanical movement with a budget of about £1,000 or less. I tried a Seiko Turtle but it just turned out to be too large for my weedy wrist. So I wanted to ask if the forum had any recommendations?

One brand which I came across was Mido who seem to do a few. If there are any forum members with experience of Mido, please chip in. I'd love to hear your views.

Thanks very much!

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Mido don’t retail in the UK so can be hard to get hold of.

Usual suspects: SKX, any other 7s36/NH36, many Valjoux 7750s if you’re up for a chronograph

I've got the very thing,

43mm width but only 44mm lug to lug and titanium make it very wearable

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...stline-Reduced

Master
    hi, I have this one:

Lovely watch, yes it's rather shiny but I don't mind the light scratches, keeps great time and the dual language day/date is a nice touch. 80hr power reserve movement. Great little thing, best bracelet adjustment ever!

A Damasko DA36 or DA37 is around your budget new, certainly used. Will look good for many years to come. Here's my DA37, bought new from Eddie in 2006 and by me from a member here in 2007 . . .

F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Fortis make a few ...

(long gone)

B-42

(still here)

Dressier option from Oris ?

(gone)

Another Damasko option

(also gone)

z
    Last edited by zelig; 6th September 2021 at 16:55.

You can play with the chrono24 filter to see watches that meet your criteria -- here's about a thousand of them at 36-40mm: https://www.chrono24.com/search/inde...5&watchTypes=U -- obviously, these aren't all the models of all the brands in the world, but you can get a rough idea of which style/brand/movement you want to check out further.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny Marco View Post
    Here to canvass the forum's opinion. I'm looking for a day/date watch with a mechanical movement with a budget of about £1,000 or less. I tried a Seiko Turtle but it just turned out to be too large for my weedy wrist. So I wanted to ask if the forum had any recommendations?

One brand which I came across was Mido who seem to do a few. If there are any forum members with experience of Mido, please chip in. I'd love to hear your views.

Thanks very much!

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
    Does it have to be new?

Vintage Seikos come in a variety of shapes, complications and more importantly for you, sizes.

Best Regards
    Claudio

Journeyman
    The Certina DS Action Day Date might fit the bill. Available for around half of your £1k budget, 80 hours of power reserve, conservative styling, 200 metres of WR. What's not to like?

Craftsman
    Hi All,

Thanks for all your suggestions. This deserves an update because I've taken the plunge with this Tissot PRC 200. Day date, Powermatic movement with potential 80 hour reserve and good water resistance. Wrist shot attached below. First impressions are that it's a good size for my wrist and I quite like the 12, 6, 9 numerals to orientate myself.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk