closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any drone experts out there?

Journeyman

Any drone experts out there?

Hi All,

I am looking some advice with regards drones. I am currently involved in testing autonomous vehicles and have a requirement to have a dressed blow up mannequin to cross in front of the moving car. I was planning to use a shop window dummy on a skateboard, but my boss is keen to do this with a lightweight blow up dummy (stop sniggering at the back!) and a drone.

If anyone has experience of drones, could you recommend me a drone capable of being flown by a newbie and able to carry a small weight - blow up doll and its clothes in front of a moving car.

Thanks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_Singh View Post
    Hi All,

I am looking some advice with regards drones. I am currently involved in testing autonomous vehicles and have a requirement to have a dressed blow up mannequin to cross in front of the moving car. I was planning to use a shop window dummy on a skateboard, but my boss is keen to do this with a lightweight blow up dummy (stop sniggering at the back!) and a drone.

If anyone has experience of drones, could you recommend me a drone capable of being flown by a newbie and able to carry a small weight - blow up doll and its clothes in front of a moving car.

Thanks
    What are you testing? A body on a skateboard is a real world problem, a blow up doll on a drone isn’t .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Best surreal post ever!

Any drone experts out there?

Doubt the weight of the dummy is a problem for the drone but the wind drag could be w/o a lot of extra added weight.

Why not string a cable over the test road and run the dummy down the wire. Using a drone seems an over complicated and expensive solution, especially if the car hits the dummy and wipes the drone out.

This is what you need (skip to 1m47s):

Last edited by Phil Lee; 5th September 2021 at 15:18.

Not doable

No drone for beginners will carry that sort of weight. You would have to hire a professional.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    As said, the weight would put it in to professional drones , rather than your normal recreational use ones.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

A DJI Mavic can lift about 1kg, which might just do it if it's not windy. But if the car hits the dummy it's likely to cause the drone to crash which would get expensive.

It's not a great use case for a drone!