closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Some customer feedback on the Smiths Caribbean

Some customer feedback on the Smiths Caribbean

Dear Eddie, The PRS-55’s have just arrived:

1. I have removed all vinyl, except on the case backs.
    2. I have manually wound and set the date and time for both.
    3. One of the two instruction booklets is coming apart at its spine. Nice text and photos.
    4. I will go swimming in 2 hours with one of these two.
    5. Orange leatherette shipping cases are lovely and "too good" .
    6. Included summer rubber straps and ,most especially, the custom buckles are also superb.

What are my thoughts of the watch? While this is not my review, please speak as an old time New Yorker in a 1940’s movie: "Day arr SOOPOIBB !!” (They are superb).

They are way more perfect than many high end regular Seiko, and are on par with the costly Grand Seiko line . They are like a cross between grand Seiko and Blancpain, if they were to collaborate and make a vintage inspired dive watch. There is no improvement needed, whatsoever, and they remind me of my childhood vacations in Bermuda and the Caribbean, collecting only brochures, while trailing adults who were buying watches and discount liquor shopping. This would be in the years between 1969 and 1976. The feelings and images they "conjure up" about this time period in my life shall be the basis for my review. You made little time machines for we who experienced that time period in either the Caribbean, Bermuda, Malta, Gibraltar, or any of the Spanish Islands.

The perfection and execution of the dial and hands and bezel /crystal is so great !! I knew this would be a big seller and it is. I suspect that the transition to the Hong Kong manufacturer has resulted in a marked quality improvement across the board. I also think the price point to be too low. This could be Timefactors priced at Around 700 pounds and major brand priced at 2500-3000 pounds. If a customer does not realize the immense value, he is stupid.

I will be starting my writing this evening. These could have "Glashutte Original” on their dials and people would believe it. You made 1960’s inspired wrist artwork!
    Thankyou for all your quick shipping
    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Some customer feedback on the Smiths Caribbean

What a great and positive review. Thankfully, it seems that Eddie is more interested in making good watches at a fair price than he is in profiteering. A true Yorkshireman. Long may that last!

Really looking forward to my next Smiths watch.

Great semi review but hardly surprising given the quality of all Eddie’s watches.

Not sure how he got two though?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Great semi review but hardly surprising given the quality of all Eddie’s watches.

Not sure how he got two though?
    Anybody could order one of each colour.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Thanks Eddie; I’d read the strictly one per customer as one watch rather than one of each colour.

Ha..so did I ! Luckily I snagged a black dial but would have loved a blue. Can’t wait to receive mine as they look fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dicky8588 View Post
    Ha..so did I ! Luckily I snagged a black dial but would have loved a blue. Can’t wait to receive mine as they look fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    I'm in no doubt that anyone who's ordered two or more in different colours because they wanted to see which they prefer, will offer those unwanted ones back to the forum.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I'm in no doubt that anyone who's ordered two or more in different colours because they wanted to see which they prefer, will offer those unwanted ones back to the forum.
    I hope so; I’d like a black one but the blue looks amazing too.

I couldn’t decide on the orange or the yellow, so went to order both with the intention of offering one back on the forum. An error message did appear. Can’t remember the exact wording but I had to remove one from my cart to continue with the checkout process.

Probably worked out for the best as it did force my hand to make a decision, although quite liking the blue now that I have seen a few pictures. Will see how the yellow one fairs..........

My card has been charged just waiting for shipping update from Eddie so I'm thinking sometime next week or whenever He can I'm absolutely impressed how quickly He's managed to get some of these already out to customers!

Journeyman
    I can’t wait to get my hands on mine, I know how fortunate I am to have one on the way. I know I will love it when it arrives, it’s cool to see such high opinions of others though. I’m excited and I haven’t been excited about an incoming watch in a long while.