closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Poor service again from Porsche Leeds opc

Poor service again from Porsche Leeds opc

Got my gt4 today after a 6 month wait. Leeds delivered the car to me this morning. After saying that it was perfect and the manager had checked it over etc etc. https://postimg.cc/gallery/Spp6kPd
    Broken sun visor.
    The screw for it had been put in the ash tray thing
    No water coolant. With in 5 mins I had to stop
    Small but noticeable marks / dinks.
    After having cx ceramic coating applied
    It’s spoilt the day a little for me tbh
    Last edited by lenlec; 3rd September 2021 at 23:21.

That is p1ss poor, I had a couple of disappointing experiences with Porsche Leeds and your experience is quite frankly a poor reflection on them as well as Porsche.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    That is p1ss poor, I had a couple of disappointing experiences with Porsche Leeds and your experience is quite frankly a poor reflection on them as well as Porsche.
    A couple of people on here have as well.

Porsche Leeds are terrible. They literally think it's an effort for them to sell you a car. I could tell you a fair stories about brown paper bags and GT cars from there.....

Quote Originally Posted by luckyhands View Post
    Porsche Leeds are terrible. They literally think it's an effort for them to sell you a car. I could tell you a fair stories about brown paper bags and GT cars from there.....
    Wish I’d knew all this before I paid my deposit last year.
    The sales manager rang me earlier promising to sort it out. Just don’t know how a manager can sign it off ok to be delivered with these things at fault
    Baffles me

don't worry, my didn't come with the roll cage.....

Which opc did you use ?

Good grief! Can it be fitted retrospectively?

Blog Entries
    When I read this, my first thought is about the posting in the other thread about a scratch...

Then, how can a brand-new car be delivered (to PCL and to you) without coolant!? If it has left the factory without it, then there's another problem: Porsche's own QC. I cannot imagine that it has happened in Germany. Brings up the question: why was the coolant drained and at what point, for what reason?

Still, with Adigra's horror story with PCL and yours... you could have knackered the engine within 15 mins after driving away from PCL!

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Which opc did you use ?
    I used Hull. To be fair, they've been pretty cool. It was the factory that screwed up.
    Yeah the cage was fitted retrospectively (took ages to sort out as it's a factory fit option - doesn't have a part number as such). Took months to finally get sorted, but they gave me a Boxster to use.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    When I read this, my first thought is about the posting in the other thread about a scratch...

Then, how can a brand-new car be delivered (to PCL and to you) without coolant!? If it has left the factory without it, then there's another problem: Porsche's own QC. I cannot imagine that it has happened in Germany. Brings up the question: why was the coolant drained and at what point, for what reason?

Still, with Adigra's horror story with PCL and yours... you could have knackered the engine within 15 mins after driving away from PCL!
    Hope the engines gonna be fine ? Yes Adigra had a terrible time with opc Leeds.
    They are on about collecting my car and taking it back to Leeds (4 hr ) round trip to sort it
    But if the marks on the paintwork are under the ceramic coat how they gonna do it ?
    I’ve lost faith in Leeds to be fair now after hearing the stories on tz alone

Hope the engines gonna be fine ? Yes Adigra had a terrible time with opc Leeds.
    They are on about collecting my car and taking it back to Leeds (4 hr ) round trip to sort it
    But if the marks on the paintwork are under the ceramic coat how they gonna do it ?
    I’ve lost faith in Leeds to be fair now after hearing the stories on tz alone
    Who did the ceramic coat?

Who did the ceramic coat?
    Leeds

Leeds
    I'd always take to a detailer. I can ask my friend (Who used to work there) if they outsourced it or someone did it in-house.
    At Hull, they'd trailer it to the detailer/PPFer and trailer it back ready for handover.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Porsche Cardiff damaged my last Cayman, denied it then said they would fix it (and did in fairness) but I think it’s a common fault with the brand.

Don’t let it bother you, get it to a track and you soon be under it’s spell.

Complain to head office, i wouldnt take that from the cheap car brands let alone a high end one

Master
    Blog Entries
    I realise it's a GT4 but low coolant on delivery would put me off permanently - I'd be asking for a refund.

At the very least insist on a full independent inspection and them paying for a proper professional detailer to remove the coating, rectify/polish properly and recoat.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    I realise it's a GT4 but low coolant on delivery would put me off permanently - I'd be asking for a refund.

At the very least insist on a full independent inspection and them paying for a proper professional detailer to remove the coating, rectify/polish properly and recoat.
    The coolant chamber was bone dry. No water/ coolant what so ever.
    I’ll talk the the boss again today Could this of caused permanent damage to the engine?
    Just wanted it spot on. That’s all on delivery day.

Master
    I’ll talk the the boss again today Could this of caused permanent damage to the engine?
    I take it yours had either had a new engine due to connecting rod possibly cracking or parts replaced.

I am sorry but get them to collect it on a trailer and full inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I take it yours had either had a new engine due to connecting rod possibly cracking or parts replaced.

I am sorry but get them to collect it on a trailer and full inspection.
    Yes mate. New con rods. Porsche do give us a 6 yr warranty though

Got my gt4 today after a 6 month wait. Leeds delivered the car to me this morning. After saying that it was perfect and the manager had checked it over etc etc. https://postimg.cc/gallery/Spp6kPd
    Broken sun visor.
    The screw for it had been put in the ash tray thing
    No water coolant. With in 5 mins I had to stop
    Small but noticeable marks / dinks.
    After having cx ceramic coating applied
    It’s spoilt the day a little for me tbh
    This is such a shame. It should be such a special day. It puts me off buying another Porsche. Although i have had a similar issue with BMW. I think dealerships have forgetten how special new car day is to people and to them we are just another customer. What they do not see is all the hard work we put in to get to the point o buying a new car. I think the industry needs a shake up. Anyway enjoy the GT4 a truly special car that you will no doubt have some great times with.

Master
    After the Adi thread I think most would avoid this dealership.

Yours has had rods changed & arrives with no coolant - sorry but this is just the start of your problem thread.

Why oh why would you let a car dealership apply a ceramic coating or any other coating for that matter?
    The area needs to to be dust & debris free not happening at a busy dealership.

Good luck getting it sorted to your satisfaction.

Master
    Blog Entries
    If it's been driven any signficant time on no coolant then yes, it's serious and could have caused permanent damage. I can't see how it's not been driven either - nobody puts in a new engine and doesn't test drive it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I assumed the car is new, why have the rods been changed or am I missing something?

I would ask for a refund.

Just put a stop to it all now before it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post

This.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post

^^^ this ^^^

What pete-r says: a new car and then the rods replaced? I assume that they ran the engine after they did the cut-and-shut job in the workshop? At what revs? How long? Test run done? All without coolant? So much uncertainties now that AlphaOmega's suggestion is the best.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I assumed the car is new, why have the rods been changed or am I missing something?
    This issue https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...spyder-recall/

Blog Entries
    The article mentions ‘replacing the engine’. Nothing about replacing the rods themselves.

Still it’s obvious that it wasn’t PCL’s ‘Gold Mechanic’ (stole this title from Adigra’s epos…) who worked on your car…

The article mentions ‘replacing the engine’. Nothing about replacing the rods themselves.

Still it’s obvious that it wasn’t PCL’s ‘Gold Mechanic’ (stole this title from Adigra’s epos…) who worked on your car…
    Mentions replacing the engine of delivered cars. The OP's was not in that category.

https://www.motor1.com/news/500096/2...models-recall/

Porsche will either replace the connecting rod or the entire engine, depending on the assessment.
    Anyway, those are US sites, policy might be different here.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 4th September 2021 at 16:26.

Blog Entries
    Of the 190 affected vehicles, which include the 2021 Cayman GT4, the 718 Spyder, the Cayman GTS 4.0, and the Boxster GTS 4.0, 20 were delivered to buyers. The spokesperson said that all 20 of those vehicles will have their engines replaced, while the other vehicles—including those already purchased but not yet delivered due to the stop sale—will be evaluated to determine whether an engine replacement is necessary.

... in this part, no mention of: 'or removing the engine and replacing the rods'. Indeed, your article mentions the replacement of the rods.

Simply replacing wouldn't be a problem. It's what has happened after that job. What amazes me, is that there's no instant 'low coolant' warning on the dash when you (try to) start the engine.

Menno

My car was one of about 60 4l engines that had to have new con rods fitted to them.
    Opc Leeds couldn’t do mine apparently so sent it off to Sheffield to get done. I’ve lost a bit of faith
    In Leeds now. Porsche give a 6y warranty on the 4l engines that have had rods replaced.

... in this part, no mention of: 'or removing the engine and replacing the rods'. Indeed, your article mentions the replacement of the rods.

Simply replacing wouldn't be a problem. It's what has happened after that job. What amazes me, is that there's no instant 'low coolant' warning on the dash when you (try to) start the engine.

Menno
    I didn't say that either. The article states 'evaluation' which could include many solutions including replacement of the rods which is, after all, what has happened to the OP's car.

I originally posted because someone queried why the rods would need to replaced in a brand new car. Thought the article gave a reason, not sure why it needs an argument TBH.

Blog Entries
    Not an argument! I mentioned ‘indeed’ so, I agree with you after reading the second article.

Master
    if the motor has run without coolant for any lenght of time,i would reject it,its no longer new ,its been overheated.

Oh man, really sorry to read this. I was hoping they would've taken better care with it.

The fact is, this is endemic and they simply don't have good enough people to work on the cars they sell, or any cars for that matter.

JCT head office don't care as the regional manager has so far refused to speak to me about my issues, while Porsche GB are overall well meaning but completely at the mercy of the dealership to rectify the issues, so the whole thing becomes just a feedback loop. The lesson for me, and the only advice I could offer, is to go elsewhere, whether you keep the car or not, as they are simply not capable of doing a good job.

My car was one of about 60 4l engines that had to have new con rods fitted to them.
    And you still went ahead with the purchase knowing this ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    And you still went ahead with the purchase knowing this ?
    Why not? If the problem has been sorted prior to him collecting the car, it’s no big deal.
    Porsche had a problem with some of their engines that made them go pop. I can’t remember what that problem was but a car for sale that has had that problem remedied tends to offer extra piece of mind.

Crikey, I appreciate there’s been a considerable wait involved in ordering the car, but if this was a new Ford Fiesta I would simply ask for a full refund without hesitation and walk away. I’m not a petrolhead but the broken/remedied engine situation would be a massive red flag for me in the first place. Sounds like Porsche are relying on their fantastic history and the goodwill of enthusiasts. A lemon is a lemon whether it’s cost £5k or £150k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Perhaps I’ve overlooked that part: were the rods replaced in Porsche’s factory in Germany or in Leeds, at the dealer’s?

Perhaps I’ve overlooked that part: were the rods replaced in Porsche’s factory in Germany or in Leeds, at the dealer’s?
    In Sheffield (somewhere)...

Opc Leeds couldn’t do mine apparently so sent it off to Sheffield to get done. I’ve lost a bit of faith
    In Leeds now. Porsche give a 6y warranty on the 4l engines that have had rods replaced.

Blog Entries
    Quick Google search shows that Porsche's Sheffield, Leeds and Newcastle all are 'members of the JTC600 family'. That makes it easier when you're trying to get a good result out of this: it's the same company. Am I right?

Quick Google search shows that Porsche's Sheffield, Leeds and Newcastle all are 'members of the JTC600 family'. That makes it easier when you're trying to get a good result out of this: it's the same company. Am I right?
    Trouble is, they are not that good.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Why not? If the problem has been sorted prior to him collecting the car, it’s no big deal.
    Porsche had a problem with some of their engines that made them go pop. I can’t remember what that problem was but a car for sale that has had that problem remedied tends to offer extra piece of mind.
    The problem was identified in a small number of cars from a small batch. The GT3RS had a similar problem and there was a global engine swap program - not great for a Porsche 'halo' car.

Given that this is JCT600 Porsche it is potentially a big deal, as the OP has alluded to with a less than perfect purchase experience. As regards the '6 year warranty', this was a sweetener to facilitate a con rod swap as opposed to a replacement engine - great, except to get warranty cover the car needs to be serviced at an OPC so it's a veiled 'tie in'.

I tried the whole Porsche thing a while ago, but the eye watering prices for basic stuff etc. left me disappointed.

Great drivers cars which are let down by mediocre sales people and mixed workshop experiences.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Kicking this thread up because I'm interested to read how things are at the moment!

Kicking this thread up because I'm interested to read how things are at the moment!
    Eventually all resolved. After numerous attempts. I’ve given opc Leeds bad scores on the survey I got from Porsche gb. Had the manager straight onto me asking about it all. Anyway I’ve got my car. It’s brilliant and I’m gonna enjoy it. Just maybe avoid Leeds Porsche next time
    https://postimg.cc/G85GPMkJ

Blog Entries
    Absolutely marvelous looking car. I wish many happy and safe miles with this masterpiece!